Thread has been deleted
Last comment
gym bros help
 | 
Lithuania marusgg 
Hello gym bros, help a newbie out. > new to gym, 2-3 months > close friend showed me how to do it > now we rarely go together > no worries if no results > feels great to push big plates like a monkes and leave problems behind TLDR: 1. 7days of workout/6 harder days of workout? 2. wtf how do benchpress 3. just my default workout ---------- 1. My friend that teached me is buffed and never did abs/cardio. I'm 100kg with a bit of a beer belly, I want to have abs also. Where can I fit it if: - monday, thursday <- I play in volleyball academy, - sunday <- 4h volleyball grind with friends, - tuesday <- biceps&chest, - wednesday <- back&triceps, - friday <- legs&shoulders should I just do saturday or mix it somewhere and have 1 day off? --------- 2. I do something wrong with my benchpress for chest (inclined too probably) since I dont feel chest that much but I feel shoulders/biceps. Bad chest arc/bad feet placement? Doing dumbell flies works perfectly though. I don't want to skip one of the three powerlifting exercises. ---------- 3. Please tell me if i am doing anything wrong and please suggest any stuff you do so I have whole body covered: I mostly do same every week since I don't know many machines/exercises yet. I aim to do 12+ or until I fail with every exercise tuesday - biceps&chest: benchpress 4x12 incline bench press 4x12 bicep barbell curls 5x12 concentrated dumbell curl 4x12 (if fail - less weight next set) dumbell fly 4x12 wednesday - back&triceps: pullups 4x12 deadlift 4x12 rope pushdown 4x12 hyper extension 4x12 close grip bench press 4x12 and I fail after 5-6 everytime xd friday - legs&shoulders: barbell squats 6x12 barbell standing calf raises 5x12 bench press 5x12 lying leg curl 3x12 side lateral raises 3x12 Please tell me if im doing something on one muscle only and ignoring others - I don't really understand it yet ---------- Thanks for help, zyzz is smiling right now And if u think gym is gay -> try it, return to the monke is amazing youtu.be/o1aeW3CfIwo
2022-01-27 00:29
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
bump for u bro. i'd help you but imma go sleep. gl
2022-01-27 00:30
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
ty bro, ill probably go sleep soon too and bump it in the morning
2022-01-27 00:33
bro just quit i swear im thin i get more girls then my friends who are ripped
2022-01-27 00:37
9 replies
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
bro I dont do it for the girls: 1. it feels good 2. who cares about women attention 3. who cares about what anyone thinks of you in general also i have a gf for almost 5 years now:D
2022-01-27 00:41
4 replies
:D
I agree gym helps you feel better mentally and physically do it for yourself not for others
2022-01-27 18:21
Based
2022-01-27 22:12
 | 
Togo BRON0
Women dont even like super muscular men, theres tons of proof
2022-01-27 23:32
If you were jacked you would get even more girls
1 reply
nah belive me no. just have a good face thats it. wear good be a man not a nerd :v
 | 
Finland notits
1. girls do like tall and thin guys for sure 2. who cares about what girls like, if you dont feel confident being skinny/fat then change that, in the end you could be the best looking guy but insecure as fuck and get no girls being muscular = you feel powerful and confident, it also helps people mentally in many ways
2022-01-27 01:24
1 reply
powerful? brooo look u ether have balls or no. thats powerful belive me. i know a lot guys who are ripped af they dont have balls to do anything.
2022-01-27 08:11
put leg day in the middle of the week do abs every session, so 3x a week
2022-01-27 00:40
6 replies
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
- Isnt it just preference? - What about cardio?
5 replies
no, more time for muscle to rebuild
cardio also 3x a week like the abs
2022-01-27 00:42
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
hmmm, I can try that out I guess
2022-01-27 00:43
 | 
Finland notits
yes, its preference weight training burns enough calories for most people, but if youre trying to lose weight fast then cardio is great. you dont need to specifically train abs, you train them while doing deadlifts/squats
2022-01-27 01:29
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
yeah same as #15 mentioned in #1, thanks
2022-01-27 08:51
in your back day, i would prefer to start with deadlift instead of pullups(not doing pullups too often now, but when i do i am doing them as last excersise and something like 3 sets untill failure). Not sure also if high reps on deadlift is the best thing to do, since you probably will exhaust your forearms before your back. Not also sure if close grip benchpress is the best excersise for triceps, even tho its really great excersise for increasing your overall benchpress. You are lacking something for your rhomboid muscle, so i will suggest doing seated rows with V shaped grip. Also try different splits. Back and triceps and chest and biceps are not that common, even tho they are used sometimes. Majority of people are doing chest and triceps and back and biceps. Also i would do more excersise on legs, but i know its hard to do it in single day in a week. Last thing always try pushing yourself and keep in mind that progressive overload is important and your protein intake is also crucial
2022-01-27 00:44
3 replies
+1 this guy hits the gym
2022-01-27 00:46
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
1. start of deadlift instead of pullups - check 2. less reps on deadlift - check 3. "close grip benchpress not too good" , maybe I could change it to something like overhead rope extension? 4. "missing rhomboid" - okay I was actually teached by a friend to how to do seated rows with V, i will add them 5. "try different splits" ok ill try it out 6. "more exercise for the legs" - okay I will try to tyvm bro
2022-01-27 01:07
1 reply
Personally for deadlifts I usually do 4x5
2022-01-27 23:49
 | 
United Kingdom legji
1: Heavy BB Squats and Deadlifts and a good diet are all you need to build a good pair of abs. If you really need to you can add in some Russian twist for oblique work and cable crunches so you can have the progressive overload element to help build them if you are truly fixated on a 6 pack. 2: This is more your triceps (Which are mainly comprised of fast-twitch fibres that give out more quickly than the slow-twitch fibres in your body) being weaker and smaller than your chest, focus more on developing your triceps and doing the bench press overall and they won't give out as quickly. 3: Honestly you've got way too much volume for certain exercises, For example, Deadlifts and Squats no one needs to do 40+ Squats or Deadlifts in a session (I do a maximum of 6 reps for 5 sets with an 80-90% of my 1RM), the only way you're doing that is using lighter weights or sacrificing form that just isn't needed and you won't see as good results. (Would also add in a standing Overhead press on the leg and shoulder day its a staple for building good shoulders and helps with a lot of other muscles in the upper body) Just focus on progressive overload with heavier weights with fewer reps and you will see better results if your focus is on strength and hypotrophy which is what I'm taking from the bare focus on it.
2022-01-27 01:06
2 replies
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
okay bro, thank you very much for explaining "Just focus on progressive overload with heavier weights with fewer reps" - i googled progressive overload and I'll try doing that
2022-01-27 08:53
1 reply
 | 
United Kingdom legji
No problem man and good luck on your journey to get the physique of god zyzz. We're all gonna make it brah
2022-01-27 18:17
 | 
Finland notits
1. 7days of workout/6 harder days of workout? -neither, 6 days at most, usually 5 days is good. your body needs rest days 2. wtf how do benchpress -literally just watch a video, its not difficult. squeeze your scapulas together and arch your back slightly 3. just my default workout betterme.world/articles/best-5-day-worko.. thats just a basic but solid training program, you can always make your own changes to it with time
2022-01-27 01:17
3 replies
expected from finn
2022-01-27 07:49
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
I can't really leave my volleyball team :D I tried watching vids, but okay - I'll try again Okay I'll check the link out, thanks!
2022-01-27 07:52
1 reply
 | 
Finland notits
also, look into mind-muscle connection, its really helpful
2022-01-27 14:27
having a rest day is important
2022-01-27 01:28
2 replies
+1 exercise & rest & food, you need all of them to get results for ur bench press problem, is it possible that you just have less muscles in shoulders/biceps than you have in your chest so it feels more in your shoulders/biceps?
2022-01-27 08:22
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
yeah bro i'm ~100kg 187cm and I think my arms / chest are pretty weak in general I can calfraise a barbell around 120 easily, have ~70 cm vertical jump but I struggle with 40+ in benchpress. So maybe as my arms get bigger it might fix itself? also #17 mentioned that in #2
2022-01-27 08:54
This is very culturistic style of training what 90\5 of people do. I am a basketball player and i can reccomend u Fat dont fly program jrom PJF Performance. Hes an elite trainer who can teach u basic stuff and can explain difficult and misunderstood topics. I have this plan and i lost 15 kg and now im faster, i jump higher and have slight abs (looking for more!) Come check this out guys or some other plans: (Its for beginers ald advanced as well) pjfperformance.net/fat-dont-fly/ youtube.com/watch?v=q4t38mWOOcY
2022-01-27 01:46
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
tyyyy, i'm checking out the program right now what position you play?
2022-01-27 21:28
try some planks when u wake up in the morning (every day) it's amazing for your core/abs
2022-01-27 08:17
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
nobody likes planks bro but fucking hell - they are so amazing honestly toughen up and let's go
2022-01-27 21:29
dont bench press useless dangerous exercise that fucked my shoulder long term theres much better chest shoulder and tricep exercises, and if you do it, do them with dumbells instead of a barbel also train abs, if u dont train ur core and theres important muscles missing u might get problems in other body parts (if ur anterior serratus is lacking u might get shoulder problems) its never good to leave out any exercises
2022-01-27 08:31
4 replies
there's a right way to bench press, and there's the way that fucks up your shoulders dont overload weight thats just retarded.. and do one spare set with significantly less weight (or just the bar) before adding the full load but, dont recommend to people "dont do this exercise" just because you did it wrong
2022-01-27 08:42
2 replies
a big amount of bodybuilders advice against this exercises as its the major cause for rotator cuff injury, most often impingement no beginner should do benchpress cuz he will most likely do it wrong and just damage his tendons. just like people should start doing hyper extensions instead of deadlifts and leg press instead of squats to build a base and get used to the movements of lifting
2022-01-27 08:57
1 reply
well then its not like he shouldnt EVER bench press at all but as a beginner just start lightweight until he is more advanced into the process "useless dangerous exercise that fucked my shoulder long term" useless for you maybe dangerous if you do it wrong fucked your shoulder long term if you never learned to do it well
2022-01-27 10:49
+1, dumbbells superior to barbell a bigger range of motion less tension on the joints easier to go for pr, because u re not scared of being smushed under the barbell and do the roll of shame
2022-01-27 21:58
m0NESY | 
Romania wadd
you should do chest + triceps and back + biceps
2022-01-27 08:34
1 reply
+1
2022-01-27 09:02
just do 3x a week, dont be a gymcel
2022-01-27 08:39
not a gym guy but u seem passionate so bump
2022-01-27 08:43
you're overthinking it. just do 3x full body workout with compound exercises and 1x cardio a week and eat good food. results won't come overnight
2022-01-27 08:48
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
I don't really care about the results I just want to do everything correctly and don't have the time to fit everything in :D
2022-01-27 08:49
 | 
Korea ang9r5193
we're all gonna make it brah
2022-01-27 08:49
1 reply
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
💪😎 content
2022-01-27 21:34
 | 
Georgia rubiconaim
correct nutrition will help you definitely. also change combinations -> back&shoulders, chest&triceps, and leg& biceps. about correct workout technique u can ask a trainer to show u the correct form
2022-01-27 09:28
Increase weight, and do 6-8 reps, will help you gain strength faster. getting abs is mostly about losing fat, you dont really need to workout abs that often. Bench press: Have both feet touching the ground, Butt and back touching the bench the whole time. Touch the bar with your breast
2022-01-27 09:44
You really just need to have a high heart rate for about 20-30 minutes (minimum of 3 times a week) in order for you to get your cardio in and I assume your volleyball sessions are enough for it. Doing abs is something where you usually target on leg day (for instance if you would do PPL/Push -Pull - Legs) The way your planning is very confusing to me because you do big compound exercises at the middle of your workout such as bench press, on a back day. Sure, you may argue that it hit your triceps which would be true but that is kind of the problem. You are already hitting your triceps on tuesday and then the day after you do the same thing with close grip bench press. And you do bench again on fridays for some reason? (do less bench and start doing a PPL or do full body workouts instead). Doing a PPL consists off: Chest/Triceps/Front delts (push) Back/Biceps/lateral and posterior delts (that are located on the back side of your shoulders) (pull) Legs/abs (possibly cardio aswell): Some good ab exercises would be: (Insect, Plank knee 2 arm, Russian Twist, Bicycle crunches but also something to put in mind is standing exercises for instance where you use cable it will help to strengthen your core muscles as well). The only problem with this plan for you would be the lack of muscle activation if you only target these your muscles once a week. Which is why I would recommend you to do full body exercises instead. Just make sure you start off with compound/multi joint exercises such as (bench press/deadlift/pull ups/squats/barbell rows/etc) Your major issues that I see on your schedule are (I will go from day to day) Tuesday: So many reps and sets (252 reps in total) and you barely give your muscles a chance to rest (we can see that by the way you perform throughout your other workout days as well). How to fix: Decrease the amount of reps and sets on some things and just add more weight. I would recommend you to change the amounts of reps on bench press/incline bench press and sets for your biceps exercises. Also, if you go through with my recommendation with full body workouts (which I highly recommend for you) but then you would obviously have to change your entire workout plan. wednesday: Once again, a lot of reps and sets (240 reps this time ) Your pull ups does also target your biceps when I assume your biceps and triceps are fully destroyed from the day before. (no worries unless you would stop doing biceps the same day as your chest day (because chest day also includes your triceps, when doing exercises such as bench press/incline) And here is the biggest problem of them all in my opinion. It's the fact that you do close grip bench press for your triceps after you have already DESTROYED your triceps at this point from all the workouts before. Don't know why you can't do more than 5-6 reps every set instead of 12? Read this text again and there you have it. How to fix: This includes with every workout day. Don't do so many sets, especially on smaller muscle areas like your biceps/triceps (reps are fine though as long you decrease the reps and don't do to much on your arms hence to why you can't even do 12 reps of close grip bench press. Friday: Remove bench press for crying out loud (xD), and if you are aiming for shoulders then I would suggest doing them on chest/back days. In my opinion you are also doing way to many sets of squats and reps. I mean if you can do 6 sets with 12 reps every session then you should probably just add more weight with less sets and reps tbh. Also make sure you have some type of posterior delt workouts (that will hit your rear delts). That will make you stronger on bench and deadlifts even. Hopefully this helped. I tried my best but I lowkey feel a bit overwhelmed with all the typing (more of a talking guy) but if you have any further questions then just let me know and I will message you when possible. Much love and good luck with your workouts in the future. :) <3
2022-01-27 10:07
2 replies
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
i'll read this in more detail and few more times after volleyball practise but with friday bench press i meant leg bench press bro!
2022-01-27 19:16
1 reply
good to know. I was kinda worried for a sec about that part. But good luck with your volleyball practice! :D
2022-01-27 20:50
Honestly when i go to the gym I do cardio everytime before starting my routine, and after the training I always take like 15 mins to do some pumps, plank and stretching. I think it's quite great for the bodyshape
2022-01-27 10:58
 | 
CIS CIS_ERA
abs are made in the kitchen also you should add traps exercises too
2022-01-27 18:26
 | 
Sweden GabeeM
Fix weight problem with better diet instead of working out pls trust me cardio is not fun and if you get on a diet you get better eating habits and become healthier in general
2022-01-27 18:30
2 replies
 | 
Lithuania marusgg
I don't mind being a bit overweight, I like to believe I'm athletic and nimble with that ~70cm vertical :D Also don't care what people think. I just want to convert that 100kg 20% body fat to 100kg 5% body fat you know :D thanks anyway
2022-01-27 21:26
1 reply
 | 
Sweden GabeeM
That’s definitely not a bad idea. It’s all about what goals one has. Good luck!
2022-01-28 07:39
If you want to see abs I think you need 15% or less body fat. For abs exercise I like hanging leg raises on bar or on this "machine" verywellfit.com/thmb/_s4NLjl2yp8xyg52Hnj.. For benchpress - try to change your arm/elbow angle.
2022-01-27 18:43
 | 
Switzerland MaybeMTA
just a bump
2022-01-27 18:44
u train to much
2022-01-27 18:47
Hi guys. Lately I have seen several forums about muscle gain and I have noticed that many people have doubts or do not know how to gain weight. So I have decided to make a small guide based on my personal experience of 4 years in the gym. Of course, these steps must be followed if you want to gain weight in a natural way and without steroids. XD. -Step 1: Diet It seems like a logical thing to do, but a lot of people fail at this step. If you want to gain weight you have to consume more calories than you expend during the day. To know how many calories you use per day, there are 3 general factors to take into account: weight, height and daily physical activity. To have an exact idea of your calorie consumption, I recommend that you install a calorie counting app, this way it will be easier for you to count your daily calories. (Keep in mind that you will have to weigh your food to know the calories you are consuming in each meal). I recommend that you gain at most 250 - 500 grams of weight per week. If you gain weight too fast, the vast majority of the weight will be fat and what we want is to make a clean bulk in which we gain as little fat as possible. The aliments that I recommend you to gain weight are: (Protein): whole eggs, beef, chicken,turkey, tuna. (carbohydrates):rice, pasta, potatoes, oats (fats):avocados, this nuts, olive oil Try to add some vegetables in each meal. The most important thing about the diet is to be consistent. Make a diet in which you feel comfortable, it helps me to add a sauce such as ketchup zero or bbq zero to make the food more appetizing. -Step 2: Training Training is undoubtedly one of the most important factors when it comes to gaining muscle, you can eat a lot but if you don't train hard, you will only gain fat. There are thousands of routines on the internet, for newbies and advanced people so I'm not going to focus too much on telling you a specific routine that you should follow because it may work for me but not for you.I suggest you try different routines and follow one that works for you. You must train hard,you have to feel fatigue after training. If after training you feel that you have not done anything, it means that you have not trained hard or you are doing something wrong. If you are new to the world of the gym, do not be in a hurry to quickly increase the weight of your exercises. You can be injured if you lift a lot of weight with the wrong technique. Prioritize technique and not weight.(Do not be an ego lifter pls) Buuuut.. yes, it is important to overload the weight of the exercises you do regularly. This is how you should do it: healthline.com/health/progressive-overlo.. Here are some of the basic exercises that you should include in your routines: bench press, squat, military press, deadlift. The last advice I can give you. If you want to do cardio, do it after training. If you do it before training you will be fatigued when doing the exercises. -Step 3: Rest You have to hydrate and eat after training so your body can recover. If you feel fatigue you can take short walks to relieve tension in the muscles, stretching will also help to relieve tension or stiffness. Finally, remember that you have to sleep well so that your body can recover, 7-8 hours. -Step 4: Stop crying In Spain we have a saying: "Quien algo quiere algo le cuesta"(Who wants something, it costs something). So surely to achieve your goal you have to stop doing certain things and stop making excuses. Anyone can gain weight. No matter your genetics or your metabolism, some will cost more and others less, but everyone can. I know it's a lot of text. If you have read it all, I hope this guide has helped you. If you know about fitness and you think something needs to be added, please do so. :D
2022-01-27 19:22
2 replies
I would like to add some thinks. 1. Diet: Fats: coconut oil Protein: Cottage Cheese, Whey Protein Especially for skinny people who have trouble eating enough calories, I would recommend make some "protein snacks" like pancakes from protein and eggs with yoghurt and some berry fruits 2. Training Basic exercises like bench press, squat and deadlift are good but most dangerous for beginners. So maybe start with machines maybe for 1 month and than start with this exercises.
2022-01-27 21:16
 | 
Indonesia FinZzz
Where can i get some of "these nuts" 🤔
2022-01-28 07:44
i have a full body split, and i feel this works best, event with a shitty diet. i think this might work a little better than your current split, since u have a little more volume on each muscle, but you might have longer gym session
2022-01-27 21:36
 | 
Slovakia diviak
When you are begginer, 3 days per week full body workout will give you gains faster than 6 days PPL or other split. Begginer= less than year of training
2022-01-27 21:36
1 reply
+1, overload for a year, 3-5 times a week. PR every session, guaranteed
2022-01-27 22:11
my program for u (superior gym bros rate as well) every set for 8 except deadlift and hyperextension day 1 chest Dumbbells BP Incline Dumbbell BP Dumbbells chest flies Biceps W-type barbell curle biceps machine incline dumbbell curls
2022-01-27 22:04
6 replies
day 2 Legs Leg press Calves machine quads machine leg curl machine Adduction machine Abduction machine
2022-01-27 22:05
2 replies
 | 
Denmark Weylyn2
Squats??????
2022-01-27 22:27
1 reply
bad knee, besides, i have genetically good looking legs
2022-01-27 22:28
Day 3 Triceps Close grip bench press triceps pushdowns skull crushers Shoulders One hand dumbbell press Lateral raises reverse flies machine
2022-01-27 22:08
Day 4 Back Deadlift Weighted pullups seated rows machine Barbell shrugs Hyperextensions
2022-01-27 22:09
1 reply
 | 
United Kingdom legji
I'd have thrown in a Bent-Over DB row myself after the seated Rows myself. Always preferred having two different row variations.
2022-01-27 23:37
you need more rest than that you will develop constant muscle soreness
2022-01-27 22:08
Need to rest and eat more, other than that with patience and consistency you'll be surprised how far your physique can go. glhf men :)
2022-01-27 22:15
 | 
Korea ang9r5193
bump
2022-01-27 23:25
go on 125mg tren e5d. ez life.
2022-01-27 23:50
 | 
Indonesia FinZzz
As a newbie, here are things you should focus first 1. Form and technique. Go watch youtube videos about every exercise and how to do them properly first. I suggest these channels : -renaissance periodization -eugene theo -n1 training -coach kassem and liftrunbang1 on instagram 2. Use light weights. Dont go heavy if your technique is still wobbly. Get used to the movement first then increase load 3. Learn the principle of progressive overload and make it the fundamental of your training. Also startcreating a habit of writing your daily workouts. Track them on a note or something. 4. You dont have to train until failure all the time. Sometimes its fine to leave 1-3 reps in the tank 5. Get your sleep schedule on check. People usually glorify training so much so they are willing to sacrifice their sleep and recovery for it. Not wise. Sleep and recover well 6. To the point of recovery, you dont have to train every single day. Give some days in between for mental and muscle recovery (you can easily burn out if you go hard every single day at the gym) 7. Dont get latch on to the big 3 hype (barbell bench, barbell conv or sumo deadlift, and barbell back or front squat). These movements are very technical, more powerlifting focused movements and there are way better options for muscle building. They are indeed overrated in the hypertrophy lense Chest -> dumbells, machine presses, cables, machine flies all are better from a hypertrophy standpoint and much friendly for the joints then a barbell bench press. Quads -> hack squats, pendulum squats, bulgarian split squats, leg press, leg extensions (mostly rectum femoris) > barbell back or front squats Hamstrings and glutes -> seated leg curls (hams), lying leg curls (hams), even other deadlift variations like RDL (glutes mostly) and the SLDL (hams) are better then conventional and sumo deadlifts for hypertrophy Hipthrusts and glute bridges -> glute focused. Your leg stance on most quad movements can recruit more of glutes involvement (less knee flexion, more glutes) 8. Supplements -> you do not need them. Again just like the big 3, dont get carried away by the hype created by gym bros. Majority supplements are trash and a waste of money. Only few are actually backed by research and can help, and thats only a small amount. Creatine, whey, caffeine. Stick with those and fuck the rest. 9. Keep learning. The internet is your friend but also can be your enemy. Lots of scientific info for free but also misinformation and broscience out there. Follow those channels i gave you and you would be good to go 10. Realize the fact that majority of people you see on instagram are on steroids. In fact i would say roughly 90% are and usually they are the biggest channels out there (gymshark atheletes, larry wheels, tristen lee, etc etc) Also superhero actors are mostly on juice too. Dont get fooled and create your own realistic goals. And stay away from drugs unless you want to increase health risks
2022-01-28 08:02
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
Brazil
fnx
12734 viewers
Top streams
All(32)
Casters(16)
Streamers(14)
Organizers(2)
Brazil
fnx