Thread has been deleted
Last comment
G2 Yekindar/fix
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE 
So, first of all, I'd like to say that the team itself isn't in a necessary need of a fix. The biggest problem is that NiKo is underperforming and M0NESY being inexperienced, and that can be fixed with time. However time isn't something that I'd like to see being given to this idea. Though NiKo is great, G2 can't wait for him to be the NiKo we saw last year and even if he does get back to consistent performances, it's just not something the gameplan should rely on (and it doesn't rely on it, which can be shown by how great the t sides are). The team lacks firepower weirdly enough, their star player is missing big time and fucking up CT sides, and entry fragging can be improved in both sides, eich would make the t sides be even better. So, Yekindar being available and cheap makes -Jackz +Yekindar a dumbly obvious pick. Not that jackz is doing anything wrong per say, actually quite the opposite, but he isn't Yekindar. He isn't as good and therefore as Nawwk was traded by Device in NIP, Jackz should be traded for Yekindar. Also if by any means you are questioning Alelsib right now, ffs this is a team where we're seeing massive inconsistencies and where firepower started missing big time, and yet t sides are always 7 rounds minimum, stacks are most of the time in the right place and G2 is competitive some how. It's the calling (and therefore Alelsib) that is saving G2, and if not for him this team would be just as bad looking as it was before NiKo came in
2022-05-19 18:53
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Brazil williamhsk1
G2 being eliminated at Challenger Stage next Major incoming
2022-05-19 18:55
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Maybe
2022-05-19 18:56
Jackz is the only guy that is keeping the mentality up high i feel like. If he is removed the team will crumble even more
7 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
That's kinda true but: Aleksib and XQTZZZ are keeping discipline up, and both can send the ocasional yell to cheer up. Yekindar is also a good vibes dude. Yekindar is also a younger guy. Even if it's going fine, the age gap between everybody at G2 and m0NESY is obviously not something comfortable for him, and bringing a younger and good vibe dude can help
2022-05-19 18:58
6 replies
Yeah, i think i get what you want to say but JACKZ seems like a Father Figure to M0NESY and is helping him with the mentality bit a lot. Yekindar is a great guy tho. We don't know what would happen unless we test it i guess
2022-05-19 19:02
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Of course Jackz is a great morale guy. Just look at him, even I am motivated to play better just by looking at him ahahah
2022-05-19 19:26
manesy loves the jack
2022-05-19 19:03
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Sure, but imagine being in a team with 4 dads lol
2022-05-19 19:26
No one really knows how well m0nesy feels the team is inclusive. Age gap is of course an issue, but then again, Jacky is a super friendly guy. I think the biggest thing Yekindar would bring is another Russian speaker.
2022-05-19 19:09
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
That's true, but I do think it's noticeable the atmosphere is nice. I just like to put myself as a guy who is close to his age (1 year older) in his POV, and most of the people here including you in could do the same Even if he is getting along with everyone and I do believe he is, it's still not as comfortable to be hanging out alone with a bunch of older guys. Getting a young dude there would make his position better
2022-05-19 19:28
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Index if you don't want to read all that: 1 paragraph: Intro 2 paragraph: Why waiting isn't optimal rn 3 paragraph: the problem with the team and why changes are necessary 4 paragraph: Why people saying -Alelksib are not looking at G2 playing and only at stats
+1 good thread
2022-05-19 18:58
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Thanks. Tbh I forgot to say some stuff I was thinking about but I'm happy I came across well
2022-05-19 18:59
rating 1.13=underperform? also g2 is just shitty mappool.and it aleksi/coach fault
3 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Stats don't tell the full story here, just as they don't multiple times. His bad games are appearing often rn, he throws rounds by overpeeking (vertigo Vs fúria as an example), rarely gets impact kills and ends with a 15-20 type scoreline. It's getting more and more usual. His statline is being carried by earlier great performance and by his good games, that are reducing in quantity and rate. Alelsib can be a very bad individual player, but he has been taking every dog role plus great calling has saved this team so much. Against VP they would have been lost in that D2 T side of not for the consistent great calls.
2022-05-19 19:07
2 replies
Where does Aleksi have good calls? Against vp even mibr looking good... Did you see yesterday's ancient? At 11-9 I already knew that the game was over.He should be kicked out at least after this moment. youtu.be/kHTeoaaWT3A?t=2198 And this is a player of a team that wants to become top 1? seriously
2022-05-19 19:44
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
It wasn't a call problem on ancient it was a confidence problem for the whole team. Also being down on t side d2 is not easy at all to overcome and his calling on t sides overall has been noticeably good Also whiffs happen
2022-05-19 19:58
 | 
Wales baulchy
AleksiB is not a good IGL, neither is he bad. There are definitely better solutions.
8 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
I do think he is. I think you are looking at him in a bad light because of the individual performance and results, wich is normal. A good comparison is Karrigan last year. I myself was underrating him a lot for the same reasons, and now I can see how wrong I was
2022-05-19 19:08
7 replies
 | 
Wales baulchy
You can't compare the two though, karrigan has got countless teams to #1. He got mouz to #1 with rookies in less than a year. He has got faze again to #1 in less than a year. AleksiB struggled to get OG into top 10 only doing it for less than a few weeks. And you can watch his games, he's actually solid and smart but his mid round calling is atrocious and just puts pressure on his stars to win duels rather than trying to put them in better ones.
2022-05-19 19:32
6 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Yes his achievements are way more numerous, but that comes from a longer carreer with way better players. Aleksib got OG to top10 semi consistently and even to top5. He made them get to occasional finals and semis with that attrocious team. Also midrounding isn't really pressure on stars, it's just expecting them to do what they often do, just as Apex expects Zywoo/Dupreeh/Magisk to get a good midround kill or Karrigan expects Broly/Ropz/Twistzz. Also a point on the Karrigan comparison is the fact that he had multiple mega tallented rosters (Astralis core, multiple FaZe's) and he did fail to achieve a lot with them quite consistently
2022-05-19 19:36
5 replies
 | 
Wales baulchy
He definitely achieved though, perhaps not a major, but alot. Again, I'm not saying AleksiB is bad, but he is not a good one either. Im also not saying -AleksiB, but he gets way to much leniency in the criticism he recieves. Like he has alot of stars right now, and he's still managing to dodge blame.
2022-05-19 19:42
4 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
I'm not in any way arguing against Karrigan being a legendary IGL by now. But I do think you are underrating him a lot considering what he did with that meh at best ENCE roster, what he did with that horrendous OG roster and how G2 is playing considering how the individuals are doing
2022-05-19 19:46
3 replies
 | 
Wales baulchy
But are the individuals to blame? Niko was the best player in the world prior to AleksiB's joining. And all players bar jackz have a 1.14+ rating. Perhaps you are overrating him for what he did with that roster at the major. And maybe I am underrating him. I hope he proves me wrong for the stars on that team's sake.
2022-05-19 20:02
2 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
NiKo is having similar roles, he didn't really change that much, and up untill Kato playoffs he was playing the same. After that EPL run he was never the same. Jackz got massively boosted since aleksi came. HuNter is way more consistent in showing a higher ceiling and m0NESY's great performances abd adaptation came from the system made to bed him in. I don't really think about the major when I think of Aleksib. But I do think about the fact that he kept that team relevant and competitive, being that those players showed be t2 at best. Also keeping that Of roster in T1 is impressive. Look at how Nexa is doing
2022-05-19 20:09
1 reply
 | 
Wales baulchy
Jackz had played worse since the addition of AleksiB. And I agree hUnter has around katowice just become that consistent beast we see glimpses off. But I think we will just have to agree to disagree, I need to see more, you already see it. All good.
2022-05-19 20:14
The issue is that aleksi is trying to change their whole game plan and it’s harming nikos performance so he can’t put up the hard carry games he needs to. Get a looser igl. Aleksi said he’d change his ways, but he clearly hasn’t. They also need an actual entry. Jackz simply isn’t a t1 player anymore. The only reason I think keeping jackz should be entertained is because of the mental aspects of having him, but even then, it doesn’t seem worth the 3.5v5 they play every game.
2 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Those points don't seem to be points coming from someone who watches their games, or at least from someone who watches them frequently and with attention. NiKo is very often set up on CT sides. Look at banana on Inferno where Aleksi's role is to set him up to do whatever he wants in most rounds. T sides he was never set up with Nexa, on the contrary he'd just go alone to a place on the map and get 2 frags. Aleksib and XQTZZZ aren't changing his roles in a significant matter where it would create a drop in performance. On jackz he has been playing very well for a support player, even carrying some games it's just that Yekindar is available
2022-05-19 19:15
1 reply
Mate the roles don’t have to change when the game plan changes. Their entire approach to the game has become slower, more controlled, and less explosive. It’s a bad mix when you have players that are often defined by the opposite of those changes. And jackz is an entry. If you knew anything about g2 you’d know that. He isn’t a support at all. The issue is that he hardly every is successful, so g2 plays 4v5s pretty damn often, in addition to aleksi dying within in the first 30 seconds way to often, it creates a really difficult situation for the other 3 to claw their way out of.
2022-05-19 20:11
I don't see the reason to set up m0nesy and hunter and leave NiKo to shit. They are so afraid of relying on one guy, same like vitality but when that guy is as good as NiKo and zywoo you should play around them. NiKo rn doesn't seem like a star player to me mainly because of his positions. Why would you want m0nesy and hunter performing consistently if you lose while NiKo is bottomfragging. It's better to have NiKo consistently carrying the team because he can actually win games on his own contrary to hunter and M0nesy. I'm yet to see hunter carrying a game and winning against a better team. He's always playing out of his mind when his team is losing and it's not his fault but he doesn't have that carry potential TLDR: G2 should be back to NiKo performs= win NiKo doesn't perform=lose, atleast that wins them games against better opposition
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
That's a point, and tbf there is a component of that but I don't see that as a cause of an undeperformance. He was rarely set up before and he is still set up now, actually I'd argue he is set up better in a lot of situations. I think the attention HuNter and m0NESY are getting comes from a thought that would go as "if NiKo was rarely set up and was a god before, let's just set up those guys as they need the help more", and that rational is working, as can be seen when NiKo doesn't slump in games. Also parts 2 and 3 from #22 would be relevant to this discussion
2022-05-19 19:19
 | 
Bangladesh ImpacT_
yekinder is also a good friend with monesy so they can both bring the best out of each other but i dont think is g2 willing to makes changes rn unless Carlos goes rouge, also i remember xtqzzz said in a interview that they wont be ready for the first major, i think their expectation wasnt that high either. They will definitely improve as time goes on changing just after 5 moths can mess them up even more.
2022-05-19 19:05
5 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
I do think they are willing to make changes if a great player is available in a cheap price for a limited time.
2022-05-19 19:19
4 replies
 | 
Bangladesh ImpacT_
price doesnt matter if the team and coach dont agree with it
2022-05-19 19:27
3 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Doubt the coach will complain too much about getting Yekindar. Aleksib won't resist too much either. Jerome is probably thinking about it as we speak
2022-05-19 19:29
2 replies
 | 
Bangladesh ImpacT_
we might get some leaks after the major ends but right now its bold to make too much assumptions but honeslty idk, either yekinder will fix the team completely or they will have the same problems
2022-05-19 19:38
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Yeah, I guess we will see
2022-05-19 19:44
 | 
Finland KieZuZ
People forget how shit g2 was most of 2021
2022-05-19 19:05
8 replies
Flag checks out
2022-05-19 19:06
4 replies
 | 
Finland KieZuZ
You dont have any memory? They only did well in major with niko hardcarrying. They bombed out early in many events.
2022-05-19 19:08
3 replies
they literally got finals in so many events lol
2022-05-19 19:23
2 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
2 events, but they did get to semi finals a whole lot of times
2022-05-19 19:25
 | 
Finland KieZuZ
Also bombing out 5-8 in many. Against much lover teams. Especially after summer. Carlos even gave a lot of shit to the players coming from summerbreak in terrible form and not very motivated ro grind
2022-05-19 19:28
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
They actually did well through the year, though it was a very weak scene and it was mostly nthe NiKo and HuNter show
2022-05-19 19:20
2 replies
 | 
Finland KieZuZ
Im a fan of your stuff in hltv and agree with you usually. But dont you remember their big slump after a good start to 2021? Especially after summer
2022-05-19 19:36
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Thanks for the prop up btw. But it was only Pro League (yes it is a big tournament so it looks like a bigger slump) and Blast qualifiers. After that it was the major, then semis at IEM Winter and elimination to NaVi at ther last tourney.
2022-05-19 19:38
G2 T sides are absolute garbage. Once things get tough Aleksi has no answers. No adaptation and adjustments. On both sides, once G2 gets tilted, there seem to be no limits on how far they can choke. The IGL is not only responsible for strats but also for the atmosphere and morale of the team. And while Aleksi might have some "decent" strats, no one sees him as a leader to look up to and it's obvious Niko doesn't respect him. When you have Niko, Monesy, AND Hunter you can't make any more firepower excuses. How unreasonable is it for G2 to shell out MORE money (you can bet yekinder buyout is min 500k) when they already have more than enough firepower to win tournaments?
2022-05-19 19:06
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
G2 are litterally getting more t side rounds than CT side round sin some games. I don't even remember the last t side barring the ancient Vs furia one where they did less than 6 rounds. Also when NiKo is performing worse than jackz in 40% of games I can call for more firepower.
2022-05-19 19:22
I think main problem is that they have IGL who is overthinking so so much, like last round on ancient, they found kills, they were 4v2 and he stopped whole round by slowing them and by checking every single fucking angle, man just go in there if they're there do refrags and everything good. my opinion...
2022-05-19 19:18
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
That's a point, though every good IGL does that, and it is rarely a factor in G2 games. I don't think it would be even noticeable if NiKo didn't throw games or m0NESY would improve
-jackz +yekindar -aleksib +nexa back
2022-05-19 19:20
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Why would you want Nexa back? Are you?? Ffs the IGLing is probably one of the best parts of their game rn
2022-05-19 19:24
-aleksib +anyone G2 title contender in an instant
3 replies
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
Justify your answer
2022-05-19 19:24
2 replies
Aleksib is a faceit level 4 player on his best day. Justified.
2022-05-19 19:27
1 reply
 | 
Portugal W!LDF1RE
His calling is carrying the team and he is decent on his best day Justification is shown to be invalid
2022-05-19 19:30
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
United Kingdom
ESL TV
18048 viewers
Top streams
All(40)
Casters(20)
Streamers(11)
Organizers(9)
United Kingdom
ESL TV