Reply needs to have actual content
-CSGO never been so popular than it is now, A 10 YEAR OLD GAME
-People used to say that valve gave Dota so much attention because there was LOL as a "competitor", now CS has Valulrant as a competitor, if they wanna destroy the competition just do a TI and gg ez
-Do a TI case and put like 30% of its profits as the prize for the TI, you can get the other 70% and it surely would be the most popular case in the game just because of the community wishing to support the Championship
-You need more?
I rather have 2 Majors in a year. Increase their prize pool tho
i'm still waiting for the big announcement
Valve makes too much money rn off fan boys living in the past to actually do anything productive.
"The Global" would be better name for cs equvalient
Probably won't work in CS. Playerbase isn't large enough.
Also if Valve wanted to do something like a TI for CSGO - they would have done it a couple of years ago when CSGO was still popular in NA and SEA.. Now more and more players in these countries have switched to Valorant - so having it now, won't be a lucrative thing for Valve..
Also last TI was mehhhh.. No crowd made it look like an ordinary tournament. The prestige wasn't there at all, imo.
Hopefully this year in Singapore - they can fill up the stadium and have a good TI..
Never, Gaben likes dota, dota2 is more popular at all regions, dota2 has more content to make and etc....
Stop comparing Dota it's a dead game, literally that 1 big event keeps that game alive and because of it nobody cares what happens for the rest of the year.
CS should have 3 Majors per year + world final for the top 8. This is what keeps the game alive and those big tournaments have a high perceived value and prestige as well.
Otherwise it's just too hard for good teams to win a Major, imagine now after Faze winning that nothing big comes up for a whole year? Too cruel for all of the teams and very draining.
The prize pool can be larger but it shouldn't be too big. Sure casual players can spend tons of money on knives and other skins so if the last event, the world final was to be crowd funded that could break the prize pool record... But there could also be a huge consequence for that, the top team would become filthy rich and then it's possible that the pro scene would lose amazing young talents like B1t and so on... If B1t wins a crowd funded World Final CS Go event and wins 5m dollars, as a 19-20 year old he would definitely stop try-harding as much, same goes for the 21-22 year olds like Twistz, Broky, Rops.
Too high prize pool can kill the passion. This game is amazing because of guys like Rain that kept going, if today's final had a prize pool of 15m dollars we might have all lost insane talent of Faze due to them simply not being dedicated to the game anymore, obviously every person is unique but so much money does change the way the person reacts towards the game, not everyone would do like KennyS and just start streaming cause to hell with it he's rich now but when OG won the International for the second time they accomplished something that nobody did it prior and most of those players automatically retired.