Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Lets talk showmatch
 | 
Denmark quasivacuum 
I really think the showmatch should be changed. Just full le troll imo gets boring after a while. I do still think its a fun gimmick and I still watch all the showmatches, I just think theres potential for so much more. In any case, I would like to see a more tryhard-esque approach. I have a couple ideas. Idea 1: Divide 10 players into two teams using an objective measure like HLTV rating at the major, if a player in top 10 is on one of the finals teams or on a team that left the major venue, then the spot goes to the next best player on the list and so on. Should balance AWPers on each team. Teams play to win. This can also be EU vs Rest of The World (but idk if The World is too weak right now) Idea 2: Two IGLs or two coaches draft 5 pro players each, they can choose between all players at the major (except the teams in the grand finals and teams that left the venue). Though only players that want to play obviously, so if Spinx just got eliminated the day before he might just wanna chill and not want to play. But it would be somewhat similar to FPL drafting. All eligible names would appear on screen for the coaches to choose from and would be broadcasted. It would go like this: With the 1st pick in the draft, zonic selects: Syrson With the 2nd pick in the draft, peacemaker selects: ZywOo etc etc Idea 3: Cast/analysts/hosts/panel divided into two teams (can also use a draft here or just randomize). Again, play to win, but maybe for a charity. Idea 4: Two pro players select 4 people to play with them from the crowd. Players on the winning team gets signed jerseys from that team. So if its Team Cadian and Team Degster, the players on Team Degster will get 4 signed Spirit jerseys if they win. Idea 5: Two non-pro CS players are each running a team, again, here, either they draft/choose among the pool of pro players or they choose from the crowd. I prefer the former. For example, at the Brazil major, the most epic thing would be if Neymar and Casemiro (two great CS ambassadors) each picked a team (draft) among the pool of pro players and played eachother. The point I wanna make is, I prefer if the showmatch becomes a little more tryhard, of course some rounds can be le troll, but ultimately the goal should be to win. Theres some small reward for the winning team, either a charity and the charity is in their name, a jersey if its people from the crowd playing and getting a lifetime experience, or just a little cash prize for the pro players on the winning team, like $2k-$5k each, its not much, but would set the mood for the grand final that is coming after. TL;DR: Prefer if some changes are made to realize the full potential these showmatches hold
2022-05-24 14:06
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
let me play
2022-05-24 14:07
1 reply
 | 
United Kingdom __UKCS_FAN
+1 this guy best
2022-05-24 14:30
tldr next thread here i come
5 ladies from the crowd VS 5 mens from the crowd
CeRq | 
Australia NoLeS
I agree I find the gimmick matches so boring I wish the showmatches were not that important but just taken serious, like the teams were playing for a $10000 prize pool It's a one-time dream chance to see star players from different teams come together and play in 1 team together and it's wasted on 5 r8s, funny for like 3 rounds but loses its appeal quick
2022-05-24 14:09
6 replies
 | 
Denmark quasivacuum
+1
2022-05-24 14:11
Like MLG columbus
2022-05-24 14:13
3 replies
CeRq | 
Australia NoLeS
I don't remember MLG Columbus. Was this a serious showmatch?
2022-05-24 14:22
2 replies
2022-05-24 14:28
1 reply
CeRq | 
Australia NoLeS
holy shit thats crazy. Was it a serious game though? I thought the European team would destroy
2022-05-24 14:29
 | 
Poland Astoner55
True. Seeing, idk, for example Team ZywOo (ZywOo, Ropz, Hunter, b1t and yekindar) vs Team S1mple (s1mple, NiKo, Spinx, Electronic and Stavn) would be something else. Of course I'm improvising with the teams, but you know what I mean. A match between two aimstar superteams would be sooo much more interesting than just watching some r8s in action and trollink around
2022-05-24 14:21
 | 
Denmark quasivacuum
In NBA for example, people (NBA fans) vote on the players that should be in the All Star match, we could do something similar to that, too. In NBA all star game they dont play a lot of defence (in crunch time they do, but not so much in the beginning) but I think this is understandable because playing too hard on defence is a pretty dumb way to risk an injury, but theres no such risk in CS so it shouldnt be compared 1:1 Also, NBA all star has received some criticism for not being tryhard enough.
2022-05-24 14:08
Cool ideas tbh, I wouldn’t mind if we got more than one showmatch either tbh
2022-05-24 14:08
3 replies
 | 
Denmark quasivacuum
I think it would get boring if too many showmatches, just 1 good meaningful showmatch (something that people actually looked forward to in-itself) would be awesome to me.
2 replies
Reasonable, but I would like the Showmatch to be a Bo3 in that case. It would just be a bit depressing if we have two great teams that we will only see playing together once in their careers and the match is over after 30 minutes
2022-05-24 14:18
1 reply
I just think thats tway too much CS to digest. As a bo3 and with the showmatch being placed before the major final, with OTs and breaks inbetween that could be a 3~ hour long match, thats way too much and wont keep people interested for long enough. Just 1 great highly anticipated map with something on the line.
2022-05-24 14:20
MLG Columbus re do
 | 
China RADNIKEY
I’ve always like the ones where talent plays but yeah the current format has gotten old
2022-05-24 14:24
1 reply
+1
2022-05-24 14:32
2 old legendary players in opposite teams and pick the rest from the crowd
2022-05-24 14:24
they shouldve played it on something interesting Tuscan remake just came out, why not use this perfect opportunity?? THey should also include people that have storylines or anything: make cadian play vs apex and draft teams, or smth like thorin wanted to do last major of putting himself with 4 players against the 5 players he criticizes the most so there is an actual storyline or something interesting beyond 'go kill and make funny'
2022-05-24 14:33
s1mple NiKo zywoo sh1ro ropz (pistols) vs talent (casters+analyst) (rifles)
2022-05-24 14:34
maybe 2 talent, 2 legendary players from where that major is being hosted, if there is no scene in that place, pick 2 popular influencers from that country maybe, and then last is some random fan
2022-05-24 14:36
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
Brazil
Saullo
885 viewers
Top streams
All(11)
Casters(7)
Streamers(3)
Organizers(1)
Brazil
Saullo