Thread has been deleted
Last comment
FROMSOFT FANBOYS/HATERS COME
milk | 
Asia Trainerherp 
if you are a fanboy, tell me your favorite fromsoft game and why do you like fromsoft games if you are a hater, tell me why do you don't like/hate fromsoft games
2022-05-26 12:02
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
not Elden Ring
2022-05-26 12:03
1 reply
why not elden ring
2022-05-26 12:05
I've only played DS1 and Elden Ring, the games are really well made, but in the end it's a dodge-roll simulator. Works for me tho.
2022-05-26 12:05
1 reply
if your thoughts are that about video games in general, every video game can be classified as "..." simulator
2022-05-26 12:08
i hate labyrinths
2022-05-26 12:08
 | 
Europe Vallon5(1)
Dislike: even in 2022, their gameplay is the most basic stuff ever - 1 button to attack, 1 button to defend. Zero depth in the combat. Quest design is downright retarded. A lot of other negatives, but post will become too long. Like: Environments, music, no bullshit in-your-face dialogues, exposition dumps or cutscenes for movie gamer normies - you just play. Other stuff too, but again, CBA to go in detail. EDIT: DS3 is the best Souls.
2022-05-26 12:13
1 reply
yeah, from games are designed for people who gives zero fucks about gameplay and just in for the challenge level designs are hit or miss tho, some areas are 10/10 while others are dogshit/10
2022-05-26 12:11
For me it's Bloodborne. I love the weapons with its transforming attacks, the rally system which allows you to be aggressive instead of always running away to heal and the fast pace of the fights. Fighting huge beasts in a lovecraftian settings with a insanely cool character makes this the best game ever.
2022-05-26 12:10
2 replies
yep, bloodborne best fromsoft game so far (and probably ever will be)
2022-05-26 12:12
1 reply
I agree, it's very unlikely that they make a better ame.
2022-05-26 12:14
 | 
Germany Lukesamen
dark souls 1/ bloodborne
2022-05-26 12:10
 | 
Austria nairolf
Dark Souls II fight me
2022-05-26 12:11
4 replies
you like getting ganged by 10 enemies with 212199 damage and 3826824 health?
2022-05-26 12:13
3 replies
Maybe he likes that))
2022-05-26 12:15
2 replies
 | 
Austria nairolf
I do, just because you can't handle 4 guys at once doesn't mean the rest of us can't
2022-05-27 19:14
1 reply
I can handle 4 girls at once tho))
2022-05-27 21:56
Let me say it in the words of the famous French philosopher zywoo: "I don't know :)"
2022-05-26 12:15
1 reply
 | 
Spain Wiricardo
Hahaha
2022-05-27 19:59
Sekiro. best game ive ever played 10/10 nothing comes close to sekiro in terms of combat. pure orgasmic shit
2022-05-26 12:16
1 reply
satisfying yes, but very monotone
2022-05-26 12:17
they make boring games
2022-05-26 12:17
6 replies
2022-05-26 12:18
5 replies
too much fiddling with skill trees and rolling around on the floor like a prick
2022-05-26 12:19
4 replies
there's not even a skill tree in dark souls
2022-05-26 12:20
2 replies
there are like 20 in elden ring
2022-05-26 12:21
1 reply
no wtf
2022-05-26 12:21
 | 
United States ilkym00th
Skill tree?
2022-05-27 19:28
Sekiro, then Elden ring. Because they are awesome and polished and difficult. Also great epic bosses, music, art design, everything. They are beloved because they are consistently top quality games that pander to non children.
2022-05-26 12:19
i like soft femboys
2022-05-27 19:16
I'm probably "hater" leaning, since I don't enjoy any of ther games from the viewer POV and I'd rather my favorite content creators play something else for me to watch. I haven't played any of their games, but I know that I don't have patience to die 20 times just to kill 1 dude
2022-05-27 19:18
 | 
Croatia VTZU
all their games are the same but because they are not ea they dont get called out for it dark souls and elden ring are trash
2022-05-27 19:20
The Adventures of Cookie & Cream looks like a banger 🔥🔥🔥
2022-05-27 19:21
1. Elden Ring 2. Dark Souls 1 3. Sekiro 4. Dark Souls 3 5. Dark Souls 2 Never played Bloodborne and Demon Souls.
2022-05-27 19:26
2 replies
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32
You aren't missing much with Demon's Souls but definitely try and play Bloodborne as soon as you can. :)
2022-05-27 19:54
1 reply
I'll try it, for sure xD
2022-05-27 19:59
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are the stronger titles made by them (better sense of gameplay balancing (enough challenge), uniqueness, storytelling, level design etc.) Dark Souls 2 had interesting mechanics (hollowing, boss soul weapons and the torch (although the torch was supposed be a lot used more in the game than the end product which is a shame) )but fell flat in the end in terms of the overall package compared to the first souls game. The game only had one year of development time however and they changed directors mid-development so I can't really fault the devs for it; look up at the history if you're interested about the cut content. Dark Souls 3 feels like a refined version of the first game but it also feels a bit too safe in terms of lore, level design and boss design. Sekiro has a good baseline but falls flat due to the barebones stealth and repetitive combat system. Elden Ring is honestly the final nail in the coffin for me; might be the weakest game they've ever made especially when you consider the amount of development time that was used compared to the previous games. Repetitive bosses, barely any new mechanics, still has the same issues from the previous games, level design is ridiculously easy and dumbed down and that's only describing 10% of the issues this game has.
2022-05-27 19:29
7 replies
 | 
Europe Vallon5(1)
I'm sorry, but putting Demon's Souls, a.k.a the *objectively* worse game out of all of them on a pedestal is just hilarious. Also, DS1 is mediocre and did not age well at all. Most people think of it highly only because it was their first Souls game. Realistically? It's average at best for today's standards. But reading your entire post it's pretty obvious that you're another nostalgia frog. Fromsoft have only gotten better with each title (except DS2 after 1), and that's a fact.
2022-05-27 19:57
6 replies
Disregarding someone's opinion as "nostalgia frog" without providing any argumentation doesn't make your opinion any better. What makes DS3 better than the previous games? The level design is significantly easier, half of the bosses are not memorable since they follow the same strategy as usual (R1 and dodge, what an innovation), shields are not viable due to the amount of investment required compared to rolling and the story is the exact same principle as the first game. There are visual highlights in bosses like Sister Friede, Gael, Pontiff, Dancer, the Two Princes and Midir but you use the exact same tactic over and over and over to beat them. Demon's Souls had an interesting level design that didn't overly rely on teleporting, had unique bosses that provided a memorable experience (except for Dragon God but one bad occasion is bound to happen if you take risks in boss design) and had interesting mechanics like world tendency. The game also was considered a failure in development and was created in less than a year, yet it still holds up. Also calling them being better with each title? Do you have any clue how many issues exist in Elden Ring? The level design has been immensely dumbed down to the point where you get a checkpoint in a Legacy Dungeon after killing FIVE enemies, the dungeons are copy pasted as if they were outposts from an Ubisoft game, magic completely breaks the AI in a new level of bad, teleportation which is almost always available completely removes the tension and that's only scratching the surface of issues.
2022-05-27 20:15
5 replies
 | 
Europe Vallon5(1)
Demon Souls is a meme, lmao. - WORST boss fights in the series by far - 60% gimmicks, a.k.a shit cop out boss design, 35% completely unmemorable or absolute garbage tier, remaining 5% is just Allant. who is barely even average design by today's Souls standards. -WORST music by far (lmaooooo the old monk music had me in tears, it was so bad). - WORST menu and inventory design by far, literally no idea how someone got paid to make that. - Most archaic concepts that were later scrapped, like carry weight and permanently disappearing crystal lizards. - Oldest and clunkiest gameplay - 4-directional rolls, inability to sprint while locked on - Shortest game without any DLC or extra content - Least weapon, armor, jewelry variety. Worst fashion because of it. - Completely unmemorable NPCs except for the maiden. Patches doesn't count as he appears in every Souls. - Easily the worst final boss in the franchise. By far. - Worst PvP (2009 game, have not done any on the remake) By the way, gimmick fights are not good boss design. Nobody thinks that. It seems you don't really like fighting bosses, you like a random puzzle posing as a boss fight in a combat game. Maybe go play some generic quick time event games that hold your hand? Seems more like up your alley.
2022-05-27 20:28
4 replies
The worst boss fights can also be said for Dark Souls 3. Is Gundyr a great boss? Do you consider Vordt fun? Is Crystal Sage exciting? Do you enjoy Curse-Rotted Greatwood? Are the Deacons a great fight? I could go on and on and on about these bosses and yet they require the exact same moveset strategy as the great bosses, how is that any good. These archaic concepts at least had some thought behind it since it required some decision making, something not to be found in Elden Ring. Feel free to kill 80% of NPCs you see in that game since it will have no consequence whatsoever. Oh wait, you can't for most of the time anyway since they're protected by a no weapons zone or a magical barrier. So much for your "not hand-holding" eh? Speaking about that, the newest patch literally pops up a window to tell you where the tutorial is, great gameplay design! No hand-holding whatsoever. Half of the NPCs don't even seem to notice in Elden Ring that the world or area has gone bad and seems to mind their own business. In Demon's Souls they react to their area and the awful events that have happened in the game. In Dark Souls they're aware of the undead curse. In Bloodborne they're aware of the blood hunt. Nothing of that is to be found in the newer games. Pointing out stuff that is bad because they clearly didn't have the development time for it (and it's a game from 2009) is just dumb, by your logic CS1.6 is the worst shooter made by Valve compared to now since the weapon variety and graphics aren't there. It's really ironic you complain in your other comments about the lack of innovation in the newer games yet I give a list of issues about the good stuff in the previous games they didn't carry over in the new games. I've also never said that DS3 was a "bad game" or that I didn't enjoy fighting bosses, I just don't enjoy fighting 1000s of bosses that require the same strategy for the cool looking ones while other action games (like Devil May Cry 5, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, God Hand etc.) have done far better. But hey, you still didn't give any objective facts. It's all subjective in the end so...
2022-05-27 20:55
Just to clarify in the end since I can't edit my post; I didn't necessarily say that Demon's Souls is the absolute best game in the series (Bloodborne is probably my favourite), it just has enough interesting mechanics for me to recommend it. For DS3 and Sekiro they played it too safe for me and they needed more stuff to evolve further. I can definitely understand why DS3 is a favourite for most people due to the refined combat but some of the things feel "dumbed down".
2022-05-27 21:13
XDD
2022-05-27 21:45
>WORST boss fights in the series by far That'd be Dark Souls III and Elden Ring, ie nothing but a trillion "roll and hit it 'til it dies" slogfest >60% gimmicks Puzzle bosses aren't inherently bad >35% completely unmemorable or absolute garbage tier Sounds like a (You) problem >remaining 5% is just Allant. who is barely even average design by today's Souls standards "Today's Souls standards" are shit so I'm glad >WORST music by far That'd be Elden Ring, or maybe Sekiro; can't seem to remember many songs from that one either >WORST menu and inventory design by far, literally no idea how someone got paid to make that Finally, you make a somewhat normal argument >Most experimental concepts that were later dumbed down FTFY >Oldest and clunkiest gameplay Buzzwords, what do you mean exactly? >4-directional rolls, inability to sprint while locked on - Shortest game without any DLC or extra content >Least weapon, armor, jewelry variety. Worst fashion because of it All of these are good though? >Completely unmemorable NPCs except for the maiden. Patches doesn't count as he appears in every Souls Sounds like a (You) problem >Easily the worst final boss in the franchise. By far Sounds like a (You) problem >Worst PvP (2009 game, have not done any on the remake) >he plays Souls for the PvP That's all I needed to hear, it explains everything
2022-05-27 23:41
 | 
Latvia grenijs
I havent played demon souls and I didn't like bloodborne, I cant really rank rest of them. I will say tho that the theme of all these games is little too grim for me personally, but I still like them. Wish netcode was better as well :/
2022-05-27 19:36
 | 
Brazil Maujubudo
Dark Souls 3. I fell like the soulsborne games are the true spiritual successor of castlevania platform games. They are heavily dark fantasy, extensive build variety, interconnected areas, hidden areas, kick ass bosses and there's a bigger emphasis on learning what you enemy can do to overcome him. That's why I love it
2022-05-27 19:48
Sekiro, was an amazing experince. I hope they continue the first game.
2022-05-27 19:50
 | 
United Kingdom Jonty04l32
There isn't any logical reason to innately hate them in general, it's just misguided dislike mostly. Personally, I love their games but their majority fanbase and audience can be deemed a little too extreme...
2022-05-27 19:52
2 replies
 | 
Europe Vallon5(1)
There's plenty of reason to dislike them. FromSoft, even in 2022, release a title with abysmal technical support (60fps, stutters/bad optimization, no ultrawide, very limited video settings). Souls games in general also have *horrible* netcode, PvP duels look stupid with all the ghost hitboxes. A valid reason to dislike them is that they barely innovate their gameplay and play it too safe - Elden Ring is just the same gameplay since 10 years ago, with a horse. Another reason to dislike them is that Souls fanbase is, by far, the most devoted and fanboyish game community out there. They will defend these games with their life, and that's pathetic.
2022-05-27 20:05
1 reply
"They will defend these games with their life, and that's pathetic." The irony here is that you write this on a CS:GO forum.
2022-05-27 21:50
Because sekiro goat game
2022-05-27 19:56
 | 
Latvia FieryBlood
Played Dark Souls at 12yo, in 2012, pretty much the game of my childhood, extremely fond memories of it.
2022-05-27 21:25
 | 
Canada Femtal
if you've played any other dark souls game and liked them you cannot hate on Elden Ring because its literally the same thing but better. (excluding Bloodborne and sekiro)
2022-05-27 21:32
I'm not a fanboy, but I like the games they make, I only played the ones that came out on PC, not bloodborne yet But I really liked the approach, the immersion of basically overcoming the game, trying to get armor, weapons, which is what I also like. In sekiro I liked the fight against the bosses, it was quite a challenge.
2022-05-27 21:48
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
United Kingdom
ESL TV
27591 viewers
Top streams
All(41)
Casters(21)
Streamers(10)
Organizers(10)
United Kingdom
ESL TV