Thread has been deleted
Last comment
essay on why obiwan kenobi ep 1 sucks
rain | 
India _anarchy_ 
If you don't wanna read, ignore, if you do read and you disagree, change my mind. It is pretty clear that the series is going to be a hot dumpsterfire when the actors and studio is getting defensive and attacking their own fanbase on Internet before even the release of the show. The acting is bad, the CGI is garbage, there's woke nonsense, it's another bait n switch, Obiwan is not the main character in this series just like what happened to Loki, Hawkeye, Doctor Strange etc who get sidelined in their own show/film for a better more competent female character, more on that later. Lemme get started as to why I dislike episode 1 of the show, (Too lazy to cover episode 2) The show starts with a scene of a group of younglings who are training at the Jedi academy. Clone troopers attack and the Jedi master that is defending the younglings clearly has no idea what she is doing or how to fight. At several point, she holds her lightsaber only half a inch away from younglings and very nearly hits them multiple times. I am willing to bet the actress was not given any sort of training for these scene and was just told to flail around which would be handled by the CGI department. We are introduced to The Inquisitors, there's the Grand Inquisitors who looks ridiculous and doesn't match the previous versions of the character at all. Then we get to meet Reva, the actual star of the show because Obiwan isn't, more on this later. An accurate description of Reva is that she is a black woman, who is overly aggressive, sassy, and obnoxiously unlikable, that sounds really familiar, I wonder where have I seen that before (Ravonna from Loki, Kasumba in FATWS, Valkyrie from Thor Ragnarok, Monica Rambeau in Wanda Vision, Black Captain Marvel in MOM), every one of these characters I mentioned above have the exact same personality and act the same way throughout the whole show/film, it's almost as if Disney doesn't know how to write a good black female character, it's the same character in different body again and again and again. These Inquisitors track down Jedis, they are here because there have been rumours about a Jedi here. So we find out that the Jedi protected the owner from a group of thugs and in exchange the owner is providing food and shelter. There are lightsaber scars on the wall from the Jedi fight. It is established that the Tavern owner knows who and what the inquisitors are and he knows what the punishment will be for helping a Jedi, so I have to ask why the fuck wouldn't he cover the obvious mark of lightsaber on the wall from the fight? Answer is, so that the plot can move forward. Jedi tries to escape, Reva slashes at him with the lightsaber, however the grand Inquisitor uses the force to stop Reva's lightsaber just as it starts cutting into the Jedi shoulder. At this point, lightsaber is not moving at all but it is also burning the Jedi's arm, but for some reason he doesn't even try to move away from the lightsaber he stands there and gets burned because logic. Scene moves over to Obiwan, he is working at a butcher shop. Obiwan steals some of the food, when the workers are leaving they have to collect their credits for the day. Then some guy says he is not getting paid enough and the boss starts threatening him, Obiwan silently watches like the coward he has now become. Here's the main point, this scenes tries to make the boss the bad guy but in fact it was Obiwan who has been stealing food from his workplace which was meant to be sold, (not the only time he does this), we know that writers were desperately trying to make a stupid point about 'CAPITALISM BUSINESS BAD' and you have bosses take advantage of their employees, but reality is that if your workers are stealing the product which is meant to be sold, then you are not going to have as much to sell which means less profit which means you have to cut your employees' income. So the moral of the story is STOP STEALING OBIWAN YOU MORONS. Obiwan then makes soup at home, how could they mess that up? THEY USED CGI FOR THE SOUP INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE LOCAL SHOP AND BUY A $2 PACKET OF SOUP!?!?!?!?? A few scenes later, the inquisitors show up and start threatening everyone in the area. Of course through miraculous plot convenience and through the writer's lazy writing gift from god, Reva beings talking to Owen and asks if he knows about any Jedi. LITERALLY the ONLY GUY in the crowd WHO KNOWS about Obiwan and she starts talking to him, WOW what a great writing! Then later in a scene one of the kids of the family starts mocking Leia because she is adopted, to which Leia responds with what is essentially a hyper-sophisticated series of analysis and insults towards the other kid, there is absolutely no chance that this is something a 10 year old would say to somebody. Don't worry, it gets worse. The writers are inconsistent af with her, one moment she is an extreme super genius and the other moment she is dumb as a rock who is incapable of comprehending the very situation she is in. Leia runs away from the party, why isn't their a personal guard specifically assigned to guard the princess? After all, her family is not just one of the most rich and powerful on that planet, but throughout the entire galaxy. You are telling me that they couldn't afford to hire a couple more security guards to have a 24/7 guard on the princess? Then the godly chase scene happens. Few scenes later we find out that Reva sent the mercenaries after Leia to draw out Obiwan from hiding. Does Reva know Leia is Anakin's child because that would seem like a very significant plot hole considering that she works directly for Darth Vader and he wouldn't find out about Leia until many years later. But just like every shitty Disney+ show, this situation is given a single throwaway line of explanation in second episode. Essentially Reva saw Obiwan had some sort of connection to Senetor Organa in the archives and that is it. WOW! We are not given any more information than that. Essentially we are not given any more explanation than that, it is a bunch of plot contrivance which doesn't really make much sense but needed to happen for the show to move forward. Now if you recall Obiwan's sole job was to protect Luke but he now says f*ck it and leaves to planet in order to do the job which senetor organa was supposed to be doing but was too stupid to hire a personal guard for Leia. Don't worry it gets worse, Reva has the ability to read minds in Ep. 2, but doesn't remember she can do that to Uncle Owen a day prior, or the bar owner? The Organas make no attempt at disciplining their daughter that they vowed to protect, letting her run alone in the woods multiple times a day? And then its someone else's responsibility to save her? Leia insists on being polite to droids but shits all over the guy that saves her life? Who on earth is asking for this? Who the hell enjoys this?
2022-06-02 22:49
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
WoW
2022-06-02 22:52
HObbit | 
Pakistan sanos
darth maul >>>>>>>>>>>> kylo ren
2022-06-02 22:51
5 replies
Anything is better than anything that came out of the sequels
2022-06-02 22:52
4 replies
HObbit | 
Pakistan sanos
darth maul >>>>>>>>>>>> darth vader
2022-06-02 22:57
3 replies
 | 
Russia Trueteller
repported for bad opinion
2022-06-02 23:20
1 reply
+1 literally garbage comment
2022-06-03 10:21
maybe, you could argue that his story might be better than vaders, but his importance after the clone wars is almost nothing compared to vaders, like maul just got put rebels for the purpose of dying i feel like
2022-06-03 11:46
 | 
Europe Trox1
i agree with most of your points but i still enjoy the show, also i think that episode 3 was better than the first 2 and i hope it only gets better from here. also the butcher thing were he takes some meat, im pretty sure they are given some meat or thats the impression i got atleast
2022-06-02 22:58
3 replies
I enjoyed ep 1 a little bit but I am not one of the fans who consume whatever shite the studio throws at them. I aspire to become a novelist in the future and it really makes my brain melt when something so stupid happens. I get that making a perfect show or a film is nearly impossible, but both the episodes I have seen so far have moments of really bad writing. I hope episode 3 is better than the first two, I will be making threads for each bad episode that comes out from this show. I am not saying I hate the show or that I didn't enjoy it at all, I liked it, it was a good show but not nearly as good as some of the fans are making it out to be. It is better than Book Of Boba Fett, that's it. It is not some Mandalorian season 1 level of good. It is a bit worse than mediocre. It has great moments but IT IS NOT a good show (at least so far)
2022-06-02 23:02
2 replies
 | 
Europe Trox1
i never brainlessly consume their shit either but i also kinda understand why there are so many plot holes, they have to make a man in a dessert living in exile intresting somehow. also good luck on the becoming a novelist
2022-06-02 23:12
1 reply
thanks bud :D
2022-06-02 23:13
What was the essay for ?
2022-06-02 23:03
The villain is extremely shit, enough to make me not care about the show. But you definitely are getting carried away in your 6th paragraph. Evil boss is a common trope, you're stupid if you think Disney is trying to make a political statement out of it.
2022-06-02 23:07
2 replies
 | 
Russia Trueteller
Disney try to make political statements out of anything these days maybe guilt over the fact Walt Disney was nazi
2022-06-02 23:22
1 reply
They do, and that's why they continually make shit series, but that specific example isn't one.
2022-06-02 23:24
 | 
Croatia VTZU
1. shows how skilled jedi are, that they can move their blade so close to their kids and not touch them 2. reva is actually well characterized as cruel, ambitious and skilled in the force and combat, also very determinated to hunt jedi she is also not even close to kenobi in screen time so your point about her being the main character is false, the whole story revolves around kenobi and his struggle to become a great jedi once again 3. so every character that stole something ever is "capitalism bad", probably your worst point tbh 4.leia is consisten in her writing and shown to be very smart and brave though the whole show so far (only thing bad are the chase scenes) 5. reva asking owen is made to create tension and show that he is a good man because in the previous scene he and obiwan fight, if you really want an in-universe explanation she could perhaps sense that he is hiding something 6. reva doesnt know that leia is anakins kid, and her reason to kidnap her makes sense 7. did you watch the show? leia has personal guards 8. mind reading doesnt work on everyone in the star wars universe
2022-06-02 23:13
1 reply
1. Lame excuse for poor fight choreography 2. I still stand by my point of her 'accurate' personality description and how almost every black women in MCU have the same sassy obnoxious personality. Also, stick till the end of the show and watch how Reva has more impact on the show than Obiwan has, it has happened before in other disneyplus garbage Hawkeye and Loki where we thought Loki and Clint Barton were the main character but Kate Bishop and Sylvie ended up playing a bigger role and were the central character, I have faith in the writers to fuck up in this one as well. 3. Stealing means less sell means less profit which means less income for the employees, yet the writers tried to portray the boss as the bad guy because!?!???? Stop stealing you stupid jellyfish Obiwan. 4. Leia is not consistent in her writing, at one point she says deep philosophical shit and the other point she runs out in the woods and doesn't understand the very situation she's in. Leia insisted on being polite to droids but shits all over the guy that saves her life? 5. Reva talking to Owen is fine, but the circumstances that lead her to talk to Owen are stupid and very convenient to the plot. Would have been better if Reva had interrogated others in the crowd before going up to him, would have seemed natural but NO! I know it created tension in the show and it shows his character but my point was never that. It was incredibly convenient that Reva interrogates the only person who knows about Obiwan. Also, "She could perhaps sense" I call bullshit, the show doesn't imply that neither have the writers said that, that is your pathetic excuse trying to defend this shit show. Worst point of your probably. 6. Good point. 7. What personal guards? Oh you mean those two extras in Leia's arrival scene? Where did they go for the rest of the episode? They showed up in ONE SCENE, ONE SCENE! Do you even know the meaning of a personal guard? Go watch Kingdom, the korean zombie drama show, there is an actual personal guard in that. Random guards =/= personal guards. 8. Another pathetic excuse by you to defend Disney's shitshow. The show doesn't imply or explain once why she didn't read minds earlier but yeah sure whatever, 'mInD rEaDiNg dOeSn'T wOrK oN eVeRybOdY in StAr wArS".
2022-06-03 08:46
tl:dr ?
2022-06-02 23:29
1 reply
title
2022-06-03 07:45
I'm going to assume you are trolling
2022-06-03 07:47
 | 
Ireland v_v
not reading that
2022-06-03 07:48
 | 
Australia B_Tannen
I don’t know why Star Wars is becoming super nanny in space. First grogu, now Leia.
2022-06-03 07:53
 | 
Russia Riblion
cringe franchise for kids, still waiting for WH40K series
2022-06-03 08:04
1 reply
+1
2022-06-03 10:08
Disney is garbage. They just push this woke stuff to generate press and attention. At the end of the day the only color they care about is green. But I agree the show sucks, mainly because its a cash grab and its clear they didnt put much effort into it.
2022-06-03 09:37
5 replies
Disney products are for woke weirdos only
2022-06-03 10:08
4 replies
not only disney, its the same everywhere with netflix and amazon too
2022-06-03 11:18
3 replies
amazon and netflix tend to make a good show every here and there, disney only makes garbage content nowadays
2022-06-03 11:32
2 replies
i mean mando was fine and clone wars too, bad batch sometimes there is good xd But i agree, i liked a lot of moments in obiwan then the thing where she talks about anakin threw me off
2022-06-03 11:44
1 reply
disney for the most part sucks, the best they have made in years is mando and that is 8/10 only.. netflix sometimes wakes up and makes masterpiece like daredevil and amazon has made some great indian shows and the boys
2022-06-03 11:51
b1t | 
Yugoslavia mrmojo
Nice of you to write this. Won't have huge expectations when I'll start watching it.
2022-06-03 09:46
7 replies
will probably write one for each episode, stick around made
2022-06-03 10:07
6 replies
b1t | 
Yugoslavia mrmojo
Will do. The review sounds strangely familiar to most shows I had high expectations of in previous years. Woke shit and some terrible writing that blows your mind.
2022-06-03 10:15
5 replies
Why spend time and money writing a compelling plot with fleshed out characters when you can just spit out some garbage and say anyone that doesn’t like it is “insert racist/homophobic/bigoted/etc here”
2022-06-03 10:47
4 replies
There's this black actress in the show and she said (even before ep 1 came out) that there will be a lot of racist people backlashing the show, you know the thing is bad when the studio and actors attack fans even before the thing came out. Are we upset because they casted the black actress? NO! We are upset because of shitty writing and awful fight scenes.
2022-06-03 10:58
3 replies
Exactly. Of course there will be hardcore racists or whatevers you can’t do anything about. But when they pre-emptively make statements like that it is to deflect from it being a crappy show regardless of who is in it.
2022-06-03 11:01
1 reply
True. Imagine hating your own fanbase which is the reason you are where you are.
2022-06-03 11:26
+1
2022-06-03 11:22
ele | 
Finland krep
You disliked it and wrote an essay I liked it so I didn't have to write an essay We are not the same
2022-06-03 10:50
1 reply
good for u
2022-06-03 10:58
tell me you hate women, without saying you hate women
2022-06-03 11:01
3 replies
r3tarded reply, I love lots of female characters, i don't like terribly written female characters or male characters for that matter
2022-06-03 11:31
2 replies
tell me again that you hate ....
2022-06-03 11:48
1 reply
-1, he cleary loves lots of female
2022-06-03 11:53
 | 
Czech Republic Ventraks
idk
2022-06-03 11:22
star war
2022-06-03 11:26
 | 
Poland Gulaash
mandalorian > bobbafett > lil leia show
2 replies
+1
although i would argue that lil leia show is better than boba fett
2022-06-03 11:32
 | 
Lithuania Scanixon
wow nice of you to copy from the internet then repost it here 😎👍
2022-06-03 11:33
Bro wtf
2022-06-03 11:34
most of this is true except i would say that i liked Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok, i dont think she can be compared to Reva
2022-06-03 11:44
3 replies
I didn't like Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok. She sold people for slavery for years and they redeemed here (makes zero sense)
2022-06-03 11:49
2 replies
well yeah but i found her humor and character kinda enjoyable. i totally forgot about the slavery part though :D
2022-06-03 12:02
1 reply
yeah she isnt as unbearable as the other characters i mentioned, still pretty messed up tho
2022-06-03 12:04
 | 
Denmark niko8809
acquire a life mans
2022-06-03 11:46
2 replies
this is my life mens
2022-06-03 11:49
1 reply
 | 
Denmark niko8809
i respect it
2022-06-03 11:57
gold nova opinions dont matter
2022-06-03 11:52
7 replies
I doubt people still play mm in 2022 bro
2022-06-03 11:55
5 replies
we do in india because no indian faceit servers
2022-06-03 11:56
read his profile mens))
2022-06-03 11:57
3 replies
#63 mens))
2022-06-03 11:59
2 replies
nice men, maybe when u get global u will have better opinions))
2022-06-03 12:00
1 reply
D: my opinions good mens)) i radiant in omegalulrant
2022-06-03 12:01
I have ranked up since then mens, dmg 1700 hours :D
2022-06-03 11:56
 | 
Russia Aleksgri
I agree that Reva is a terrible character, she's even worse than Rey. She got out of nowhere and can read minds, walk on walls, has insane intuition, easily stabs grand inquisitor, knows all the secrets, and is smarter than all her fellow inquisitors, obi-wan, and even vader. And apparently the empire "owes" her something, she was probably an oppressed minority
2022-06-03 12:11
1 reply
She is a Mary Sue. Watch how they will sideline Obiwan by the end and Reva becomes the central character and Obiwan won't have any impact on the show but Reva will have. It's the same with MCU shows like Loki, Hawkeye etc.
2022-06-03 12:21
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
Brazil
gaules
6979 viewers
Top streams
All(20)
Casters(13)
Streamers(3)
Organizers(4)
Brazil
gaules