- There are 5 good knife types in game, rest are trash. Butterfly, Bayonet, Karambit, Skeleton and Flip knife (The 3 first are better than the 2 last)
- M9 and Talon knife are the two most overrated knives in the game. M9 is basically a hybrid between Bayonet and Bowie Knife, Bayonet is a great knife of course, but Bowie Knife is one of the ugliest. Then you have Talon knife which is just a really bad karambit. It looks like such a clunky karambit and then the cream handle looks so bad on its own and contrasts so hard with the blade and matches no gloves. I cant wrap my head around the fact that these 2 knives are popular. They are BAD.
- Systematic/Thematic inventories/loadouts are way better than just expensive skins, sometimes it doesnt make sense how some loadouts are put together. Nothing meshes. Of course its still better to have the expensive loadout (because u could always sell it and buy a more systematic inventory) but from a visual perspective its worse.
- One of the best things about skins is that almost all skins have "flaws" or things that could be done better. This is underappreciated.
For example, slingshot is a great pair of gloves, but the inside of the glove is beige/brown that doesnt match with a lot of skins. They could have chosen to make the inside just match the outside and the skin would be so crazy. But I love that they dont do that. All skins have flaws. Same for vice gloves (which is considered the best pair of gloves in the game) would be better if it had more pink. This is awesome about skins. And of course the fact that float makes skins have abrasions or not is great. Would be so bad if all skins of the same type looked the same.
- Not all finishes look equally good on all skins (this is true for knife/guns).
For example, if we take finishes like Doppler, Gamma Doppler, Crimson Web, Fade etc.
These are skins that all have atleast a small scratch even at 0.00 float (I think this is true for all skins that can have different patterns/fades, its not true for skins that cant)
This small scratch, in my opinion, does not look good on a Butterfly, but on a Karambit only the corner is affected so its not as noticeable.
So for me, I like doppler finishes (and all other finishes that have abrasions on 0.00 float) more on Karambits (and Bayonets for that matter) than I do on BFKs.
- "Kato 14 snobbery" people throw kato 14 stickers on a weapon and people automatically think it looks sick. In most cases it looks awful. Of course its sick for being expensive, but so many kato 14 crafts are poorly done and hyped for nothing
- Combining stickers rather than 4x of the same is almost always wrong. It gives a messy impression. Even if u keep the colour scheme its just "noisy" and "messy"
There are a few exceptions to this. For example, on a glock, if u have lets say 3x Navi stickers on the barrel/slide and then 1x s1mple sticker on the pistol grip, this is considered OK.
Another exception is this: imgur.com/a/1nphiuN
But for the most part, combining different stickers is garbage.
- Its awesome how different people view skins. We see the same skin, but our opinions are so different. I think Fire Serpent, Vulcan and Asiimovs are garbage skins for example (I dislike many AK skins) but others hold these skins in high regard. Its good because it adds so much variety we dont always see the same skins (of course the price has something to say but even then its true)
- Its a shame how similar Stockholm and Antwerp stickers are. Any hope of a good investment is gone. First, of course these stickers are much more invested in than stickers in 2014/2015
But they are also "substitute stickers" so lets say a Stockholm sticker became really expensive, the price would be dragged down because of how similar it is to an Antwerp sticker. So not only is the supply of Stockholms high, its also easily substituted with Antwerp stickers and vice versa.
So for example, if I want Astralis golds from Stockholm and I see "wow theyre expensive" then I will just take 4x Astralis gold from Antwerp because they look almost identical. I dont like that.
This is not true for other capsules.