Thread has been deleted
Last comment
EG finally gave up on NA
Zeus | 
Australia NoLeS 
Even EG as dumb and idealistic as they are finally capitulated to the unsalvageability of the region A core EU 3. With time that'll turn into a core 4 if they wish to keep autimatic. Literally gave the 15 man NA roster a crack for about a month in total before throwing in the towel and calling it quits on their little Frankenstein experiment Since there are no academy NA teams and no local funnels for developing serious, competitive talent NA CS:GO can finally be pronounced dead for good. If Source 2 can revive local and global interest then thats literally the 1 pathway they have otherwise we can consider CS:GO an EU/CIS/SA only eSport from hereonout ad infinitum
2022-07-06 03:15
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Fiji Kuroki
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2022-07-06 03:20
1 reply
omg
2022-07-06 03:22
 | 
United States post_poster
If you want CS to grow you need NA to develop as well. I am sad for NA and confused about EG's lack of effort on their "framework" project
2022-07-06 03:23
10 replies
NA is going through it rn.... Liquid don't have a 100% NA lineup, coL are terrible (if the ship sinks, please save Grim at the very least), EG is a clusterfuck and the local NA scene is way too weak. Where did things go so wrong?
2022-07-06 03:36
5 replies
Zeus | 
Australia NoLeS
1) Online era, no EU practice 2) Valorant taking away 90% of NA 'talent' 3) NA always had a terrible pipeline for talent development. Neither the orgs nor the players put much work into growing the scene 4) NA players just don't have the culture of taking the game as serious as EU/CIS or even Brazil
2022-07-06 03:40
3 replies
This
2022-07-06 04:29
10/10 Thanks for putting words on EXACTLY what I am thinking!! NA players want big $$$, but don't want to put in the effort with practice and trust in coaches and orgs. Some players have egos bigger than the whole NA region.
2022-07-06 05:44
+1
2022-07-06 15:12
Floppy > gr0m or at least equals
2022-07-06 05:26
jks | 
Australia sh4ww
EG is just such a shit org for the job they havent explained what their plans/goals are they dont tell their fans literally anything about whats going they should re locate to eu get some good talent like jks yekindar degster ect
2022-07-06 04:04
3 replies
I believe in your faith to find jks a team. It’s a noble mission
2022-07-06 04:05
2 replies
jks | 
Australia sh4ww
he could join apeks and play in shitty tier 2 pinnacle cups and id be happy
2022-07-06 04:06
1 reply
Yea same I’d literally be happy for him to join any singular team (besides a dumpster fire - I’d rather him just retire on the Kato run than do that lol). I also need it to happen so I quit hearing about fucking OG. Vexite joining Vertex makes me think jks isn’t considering AU right now, as I think if he was gonna stay home he’d want to be on a team with him.
2022-07-06 04:09
 | 
Europe SanitySP
Where did you hear this rumour? (nvm found it)
2022-07-06 03:25
1 reply
Kick 2 bots, 1 toxic and playing valorant and 1 30 years old = give up on NA lul nt
2022-07-06 03:38
5 replies
Zeus | 
Australia NoLeS
missed the point by a mile. Yes its giving up on NA, the scene has no chance to be revived organically ever again. Same thing as cloud9 who recognised in order to be tier 1 you need to forgo building from an NA player core Noone said it was a stupid idea, almost every detractor and supporter alike recognised EG's 'Blueprint' 15 man roster was almost certain to fail. It's that its disappointing even EG who seemed the most willing to spend and sacrifice to rebuild NA are already indicating that they are no longer interested in sustaining NA presence in the competitive scene in favor of an actually decent roster
2022-07-06 03:46
Zeus | 
Australia NoLeS
dont reply to my comments ever again 2022-07-06 11:48 u are uk colony dont forget this 2022-07-06 11:49 KEKW nice mald but why pm?
2022-07-06 03:54
3 replies
jks | 
Australia Kree8
Sheesh, typical brit manners.
2022-07-06 04:02
Ahaha what a loser
2022-07-06 05:00
yikes
2022-07-06 06:17
Valde, HooXi and neaLan? So more tier 3?
2022-07-06 03:40
4 replies
jks | 
Australia sh4ww
i seriously hope they dont and go for some actual talent and experienced players like jks yekindar or degster
2022-07-06 04:05
3 replies
I was hoping for it, but then remembered they didn’t buy CPH for €160K. Degster and Yekindar only would be 2-3 times of that price.
2022-07-06 04:12
2 replies
ropz | 
Brazil Joliro
wasn't that complexity instead of EG?
2022-07-06 05:00
1 reply
jks | 
Australia sh4ww
yeah it was, either way EG are pretty big rich org if they wanna actually be in the cs scene again they need to spend money
2022-07-06 05:09
nitr0 | 
United States JDMX5
What a joke. I agree with getting rid of stew, he's nothing but a liability for the entire org. But why waste the time and money to start something they never intended to finish? Sad day for NA. Guess we are the literal definition of dead now.
2022-07-06 03:42
6 replies
EG is in a rough spot. Their main roster simply wasn’t good enough and their academy teams weren’t any better. I think that having an EU main team while having the 2 academy teams that are NA is a fair compromise that builds up NA a bit while also allowing EG to actually be good at CS
2022-07-06 04:00
5 replies
nitr0 | 
United States JDMX5
True. Just wish they would've known or at least figured out what they signed up to do before getting us NA people's hopes up just to throw it all away. Sadly, I don't see it getting much better tho. I hate to say it but CS is now an EU/CIS sport. If you don't live there, you'll never perform well enough. Kind of like soccer (I know, soccer LUL). That's not an American sport, so the US team is dogwater.
2022-07-06 04:06
4 replies
Its almost like they built a bubble entirely surrounding EU. I mean it makes sense as most of top 30 teams were european but it cucked all the other regions. Every other region fell behind besides the two in europe.
2022-07-06 04:41
3 replies
nitr0 | 
United States JDMX5
Yeah, true. And obviously, the Chinavid didn't help any of that with restrictions to travel and what not.
2022-07-06 15:10
2 replies
Yes my friend it did. People think Valorant killed NA cs. Nah NA cs got hit harder by Covid and its not even close. Covid took away all tournaments and events in NA and other regions besides EU. Only way for orgs to make money and sending them off to Europe because there was nothing in NA. Its why Chaos left lol.
2022-07-06 20:10
1 reply
nitr0 | 
United States JDMX5
Exactly. I mean, Valorant didn't help by any means but it wasn't the sole reason it died. But yeah, even the oceanic region has been hurt cuz their lockdowns were even worse than ours. So they probably could be better as well as NA could've if that whole thing didn't happen. Sadly, it seems like it'll never get back to how it should be
2022-07-06 20:25
 | 
Austria Grundz
Sad for NA scene, but these NA teams playing in tier 1 EU tournaments feels like throwing a girl with no arms into a pool to race Michael Phelps. At least OCE and Asia put an effort in. NA teams just look like someone screamed "QUEUE POPPED" for comp. "But there's no good practice." Some of these fuckers spent the better half of a year in EU to get practice and they actually got worse.
2022-07-06 03:47
1 reply
Unfortunately it will remain this way until there are more consistent tournaments outside of EU. Only way for NA and any other region to consistently be good is by staying in europe full time until that point which no one will do besides twistzz so far.
2022-07-06 04:36
 | 
San Marino Loyuu
Nealan and valde are decent upgrades but how is cerq still there? Yekindar entry Brehze rifler Nealan support igl Valde lurker Degster awper Bring back Malek This here for me is the best possible team
2022-07-06 03:52
 | 
Indonesia ycrows
:( man
2022-07-06 03:56
Never understood why people want NA To just die. Cs needs NA in the long run. For the scene to just disappear would be bad for the game.
2022-07-06 04:37
3 replies
I don’t want any region to die but I just think there isn’t really any salvaging NA just due to a lack of orgs. I don’t think one or two teams having an all NA team is will really matter in the end when nobody in NA even plays the game casually. Valve themselves have done an awful job marketing the game to the NA market and the player count has suffered and there is very little young talent coming into the scene because of it. Unless 20 orgs commit to CS like they do in Valorant, than the issue of NA isn’t one that’s fixed by having one or two extra orgs.
2022-07-06 04:43
2 replies
Long time no talk 20 orgs in NA wont fix the issue and you know that. The problems started with the community itself. Players in the pro scene cared more about egos and reputations over winning. Its always been the problem with NA and you see the same issues in other games like Valorant. Orgs in NA left the scene when players and teams failed to produce results time and time again. Sure Valve could have marketed the game better but it wouldnt have done much. NA is a region that trend hops. Always has been. Not to mention console is the main platform. Valorant is the trendy game in NA to play. Regarding NA not having a casual base for cs is wrong. Queue times never take long whether it be mm esea or faceit. Esea is the longest but there are still over 500 each esea season lol. Community servers are always full as well. The problem is the EU bubble. Get rid of that and you will see change eventually. Every region besides eu/cis got cucked by the bubble. Only way teams to be consistently good is by staying in europe full time which no one wants to do. We need more events outside of EU.
2022-07-06 04:54
1 reply
I guess I didn’t mean that 20 orgs would fix it but I was more so saying that having an additional org wasn’t gonna do really anything at all UNLESS it was a drastically larger number. Like for example I don’t think EG having an NA team makes or breaks the region (especially considering they just weren’t very good). This still wouldn’t FIX the issue but would be a bandaid to at least get a higher number of serious players, while at this point basically anyone who can sneak their way into ECL gets to be in FPL And the playerbase is pretty small for the NA population. The US for example has also 10x as many people as Poland but only twice as many players. (Based on leetify stats which I think are extrapolated to a degree). And the queue times in Valorant vs CS aren’t even close. Queuing up for a CS game takes like 3 minutes while it takes like 10 seconds in Valorant unless you are like radiant. Also the NA players just don’t seem to take the game as serious. Watching an EU vs NA FPL game is soooooo different. And I understand that the EU players are better but I’m just referring to the overall communication and attitude. It’s so just much more competitive minded in EU FPL despite 80% of the players not even speaking English as their first language. Overall I think that NA is important and in a perfect world should be saved but has lost NA lost like 3 years of development in the CS scene during covid and unless something happens that causes a similar drop in EU level, how do you close the gap? I’m not sure tbh. But I mean a lot of it is cultural. NA will never be as deep at CS as EU just because CS is not as culturally engraved into NA culture. As you said, NA is a controller region, and on top of that it’s a region heavily focused on streaming. I think many NA players that try to get into esports do so as a way to leverage it into a streaming career, while I think less EU players tend to do that. Idk how to fix it lol. I do think valve needs to step in and make the game for NA friendly in terms of being able to just play the game easier. Simplify the queues, create a better community server browser, make a good DM mode, just small things.
2022-07-06 05:12
3 EU players vs 12 NA
2022-07-06 05:28
If it does happen, we'll have had 3 NA orgs in two years willfully acknowledge they couldn't make full (or 4/5) NA rosters work. Big sad
2022-07-06 06:12
1 reply
theres not many teams that have full rosters solely from their own country.
2022-07-06 07:01
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
Brazil
FalleN
9154 viewers
Top streams
All(12)
Casters(6)
Streamers(5)
Organizers(1)
Brazil
FalleN