Thread has been deleted
Last comment
EG Academy
 | 
North America Camino 
NA appreciators, what can this org do for their academy side? EG.CD just lost their two most promising talents in CLASIA and HexT, and their replacements aren't obvious given how shallow the talent pool is. I don't follow the scene nearly enough to know the hidden gems, but I thought of some of the more obvious names for the EG.CD side. (Some players might need buyouts, and MalbsMd is the most unlikely here) +Bwills +Swisher +motm +MalbsMd I'm not saying the roles are one to one, but this academy side needs players who can match the firepower they lost over the last week. whOmegaLUL
2022-08-05 20:45
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Korea Piano
EG.CD is getting stanislaw
2022-08-05 20:46
6 replies
 | 
North America Camino
Thought Walco was IGL? That's an interesting move Have yet to see Stanislaw bring up legit talent, all he's really done is use players for what they are
2022-08-05 20:47
5 replies
 | 
Korea Piano
Walco only took igl because the old one left
2022-08-05 20:49
Walco is igl so the pickup doesn’t make much sense unless they try to go full youth and -Walco and add maybe jitter/calix/spek or other young guys
2022-08-05 20:51
2 replies
 | 
North America Camino
The IGL I really would like to see bring up players like this is Shakezullah Proven himself plenty of times ie. floppy, junior (LUL) etc.
2022-08-05 20:54
1 reply
Also Osee I think on singularity. Idk I’m not an NA old head just know some about the scene rn
2022-08-05 20:57
Walco Mama goated
2022-08-05 20:53
Idk but I’m pretty sure the roster you presented wouldnt be young enough to compete in the we play league
2022-08-05 20:46
6 replies
 | 
North America Camino
What are the age requirements around WePlay? I've seen a lot of 21 yo players on BIG academy
2022-08-05 20:49
5 replies
I think one player over 20.
4 replies
 | 
North America Camino
Average age of Big Academy is 20.2, so I would probably want to look at that and see myself. I've seen it a couple of times, but I'm not even sure if EG.CD is going for WePlay, though they definitely should. Great opportunity, especially if they get guys like Malbs
2022-08-05 20:59
3 replies
Yea I looked and a couple of teams aren’t in the range so I’m not sure though the rules I found def said one player over 20. Though swisher for example is almost 24 so I think he may be pushing it. EG not using the academy league is dumb. Hext for example could have been in EU for the past month or two getting EU Practice and actually been somewhat ready for blast
2022-08-05 21:02
2 replies
 | 
North America Camino
The age restrictions are weird, yeah. There was a player on VP.Prodigy (while they were still in the league) who was on the main roster at 26, leading me to believe that one or two players over 20 isn't so much an issue idk
2022-08-05 21:28
1 reply
1 player over 21 is allowed The other 4 need to ben under 21
2022-08-06 00:35
 | 
United States kalimbo
EG doesn't seem to be interested in the WePlay league tho... it looks like they are using EG.CD as an academy team to source talent for the main team, so they don't care about WePlay restrictions at all.
2022-08-05 20:51
1 reply
 | 
North America Camino
It would be unfortunate if they didn't pursue WePlay, especially considering the lack of EU practice NA teams get throughout the year. If they move to Europe, they won't even have to play officials to get better, such an opportunity
2022-08-05 21:07
 | 
Czech Republic Devidee
EG.PA is ridiculous 31yr AWPER and avg age of 25 sick academy team more like a retirement home
4 replies
 | 
Czech Republic TOP_MaTy
Ty gud ingliš xd
2022-08-05 20:57
2 replies
 | 
Czech Republic Devidee
what did i spell wrong ?
2022-08-05 21:06
1 reply
 | 
Czech Republic TOP_MaTy
There is no problem in your spelling. Your sentence just doesn´t actually make any sense.
2022-08-05 21:13
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
that 31 year old Awper slaps the fuck out of everyone else in NA not named Junior or Osee.
2022-08-05 21:15
EG,Bluejays :D
2022-08-05 20:58
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
3 out of those 4 guys already play in teams better than EG.CD, and their ages arent of Academy teams either. Getting an actual academy would be to invest on team or at least players like that of Davenport University. Unknown players , playing in tiers no one dare looks up but they are on an upwards trajectory and qualified to ECL recently.
2022-08-05 21:20
2 replies
 | 
North America Camino
> Some play in teams better than EG Academy Sure, ATK and Gamin Gladiators(?) are alright. If you're talking about MalbsMd, he's benched. Still, it's not hard to see that EG has substantially more resources to support their academy side, not to mention the opportunities to play overseas. Extend the offer to any of the above players and I almost guarantee that they say yes in a heartbeat. > Sign Davenport University Signing this team and dropping Carpe Diem in the process doesn't do the current academy core any justice. What, EG signs these guys, takes their two best players, and then benches the rest? No, especially for guys still on the comeup like chop, it just leaves them in a terrible position. I don't have any doubts that Davenport are hungry and willing to work hard, but I think what's left of Carpe Diem should prove themselves before EG make such a drastic move.
2022-08-06 00:28
1 reply
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
Well of course they would say yes , EG are way big org than ATK or GG so any player would like to jump ships in a heartbeat . That doesn't necessarily mean that it's the best shot for their career , sure the money and resources will be there but there is no guarantee you even play in the T2 NA tournaments you generally always are part of because another EG squad will be there . How much has CD played after getting hired by EG ? They talked about CD as their academy but what actual initiatives have they taken to treat them as such ? They aren't in WePlay , they are nowhere to be seen ! Bwills lost in Semi of Melbourne qualifier to EG.PA , Swisher and Motm lost the final , but becoming a part of their" academy "would restrict them from even playing these tournaments . Get the gist ? They don't necessarily have to sign the whole roster , that isn't the only thing I suggested . Beside what justice are we taking about here when EG have already got rid of 2 of the best players of the CD team without even giving them the chance to play together and show something at first ? If they are actual focused on developing the NA scene instead of just talking about it , they would be more than willing to take a shot at any upcoming player or team with even a little spark that can turn into a flame later on and taking them aboard their Bluerpint train and giving the best opportunities they can , but so far nothing shows me that the new project is focused on anything similar. They are getting Stan back !
2022-08-06 00:56
might as well take a lottery ticket on some unknown kid than continue recycling t4 ceiling players
2022-08-06 00:32
 | 
Iceland lucina
Disband alongside the main roster and sign bluejays or ex-mad lions
2022-08-06 00:32
3 replies
 | 
North America Camino
And bar them from participating on the T1 circuit? I think they'll pass. Because EG has a main roster that's likely to play every ESL/BLAST event they're partnered with, they would be subject to conflicts of interest were they to play in the same tournament. Neither blue jays or ex-mad lions could take advantage of playing against competition at the highest level, instead smurfing against lower tier players and stunting their development.
2022-08-06 01:00
2 replies
 | 
Iceland lucina
There are few good NA players <21 atm for the academy team and the main roster is an absolute shitshow There aren’t any good FPL talents either
2022-08-06 01:03
1 reply
 | 
North America Camino
There's a lot of crossover between SA/NA. If the talent pool proves to be a too shallow in NA, getting English-speaking SA players like Malbs could supplement the scene while developing another hemisphere of CS.
2022-08-06 01:28
frozen | 
Uganda baj
dont car ence academy bestest
2022-08-06 01:01
Does xotic is an option?
2022-08-06 01:04
4 replies
 | 
North America Camino
Xotic is an AWP player, and EG.CD already has one. I think xotic would be better for this team, though
2022-08-06 01:35
1 reply
wiz sucks though lul
2022-08-06 02:10
no he doesnt play really anymore
2022-08-06 02:04
1 reply
he's playing fpl every night for hours though xd he definitely has time to spare
2022-08-06 02:10
What about giving cynic a chance?
2022-08-06 01:36
1 reply
 | 
North America Camino
There's a reason the Party Astronauts dropped him, the same sort of reasons behind CLASIA getting kicked. I don't know if he's lost his bad attitude in the months since then, but I think EG.CD could find he's more of a liability than an asset.
2022-08-06 01:54
minus still doesnt have a team if he hasnt gone to valorant already.
2022-08-06 02:04
1 reply
 | 
North America Camino
If EG.CD commits to getting stanislaw, I don't think minus could be brought up properly under his leadership. Not that I doubt him as a legit talent, it's just that I'd like to be developed under the stewardship of a player like Shakezullah. Barring a stanislaw move, however, minus could be someone this squad should look at.
2022-08-06 17:16
eg academy should try something else. They should have stan igl, eu awper hard carry, eu passive rifler that can carry too, and two na support players. Just focus everything into the eu players but tout that it is an upcoming na team woro (he will move to escape war in his country) joel (he will move to pay off his gambling debt) stan hext walco
2022-08-06 02:14
2 replies
 | 
North America Camino
I think the hexT promotion to the main roster is on a permanent basis, so he's off the table. I have my reservations about bringing stan onto an academy squad (he hasn't brought up players in the same way daps or Shakezullah have). As for bringing in European talent, I don't know if that's the point of this project. I have no doubt that joel and woro are worthy of getting a shot, but European organizations will continue to create academy sides. Let them join up with those guys, I say. All of this to say, I think EG should recruit from this hemisphere instead of outsourcing their solution to a region already inundated with resources.
2022-08-06 19:14
1 reply
hext in circulation within the org whether he is in the academy or main team so I doubt he minds making such an enormous salary when he was making nothing for like a year+ anyway. wouldn't need stan on the academy team, could use daps or nifty for example. I think that the European players deserve better but they haven't had a team for awhile and might not get a chance with European organizations because of their reputation, but maybe a team like this could be redeeming for them. I think Joel probably needs the money to pay off his gambling debt, and I think that Woro might want to money to send back to his family. This distributes funding to impoverished players while also enriching the NA player base with (currently) superior EU players, like how Liquid wants to add Yekindar
2022-08-07 01:30
Honestly eg.cd should be filled with NA youngsters so they can play at tournaments like weplay academy and stuff, while the EG.PA play on tier 2 tounaments like ESL challenger. This way all 3 teams actually have a chanche to play and develop at the same time.
2022-08-06 17:21
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
Russia
Dosia
3065 viewers
Top streams
All(27)
Casters(14)
Streamers(12)
Organizers(1)
Russia
Dosia