Thread has been deleted
Last comment
is g2 out of the major???
Europe groppler 
is there still a chance they play at the major or are they out for good?
2022-10-07 21:18
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
Germany 4ntoN
who is going to tell him?
2022-10-07 21:19
12 replies
I mean ...
2022-10-07 21:20
7 replies
 | 
Germany 4ntoN
oh look the psycho c9 hater has arrived, enjoy ax1le top1 rifler
6 replies
 | 
Germany freejuice
i promise you perfecto is a better rifler than ax1le
2022-10-07 21:21
4 replies
perfecto best navi player btw
2022-10-07 21:22
 | 
France ignorefAN
+1
2022-10-07 22:48
well true
2022-10-07 22:54
 | 
Finland bliplbob
0/8
2022-10-08 13:46
Babahahahaha :p your team made it to the major , enjoy yourself praising Ax1le you're fine
bro😥
2022-10-07 21:24
Hahahaha fucking lmao perfect reply
2022-10-07 21:41
I know man :(
2022-10-07 21:45
+1
2022-10-07 22:00
they're out
 | 
Finland Pukki_Goat
They are perma banned now yeah
 | 
Finland DankQ
They out, see you next year G2 with possibly a new igl change?
67 replies
To be fair it feels rough considering last year there were fucking 50 rmr's it felt like and now you have 1 bad run and its over.
2022-10-07 21:26
66 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Yeah idk I was kinda surprised how fast this happened. They only lost 1 bo3 and that's it. But tbh if you are going to lose to 1win and Gl with a team that's worth millions then I think it is kinda deserved at this point that they don't qual.
2022-10-07 21:29
65 replies
I agree with your point but theres a larger issue at play here. The issue is a team of that stature (t2 teams like 1wina and stuff) will always have the element of surprise over a larger team thats why larger sample sizes is always what I suggest. Think about it this way despite it being not the best analogy. I can probably beat Lebron James in a first to miss loses game of basketball but make its even a b05 or some shit and I'm screwed because everyone can have a good game but its greatness and true quality that will do it consistently.
2022-10-07 21:40
57 replies
And G2 definitely doesnt do it consistently so you kinda undercut yourself.
2022-10-07 21:43
8 replies
I'm not saying G2 do it consistently but I'm saying regardless it should be b03's and a longer format.
2022-10-07 21:44
7 replies
it shouldn't be. because if those teams are as good as you say, an upset won't be happening 2-3 times in a row. those chances are extremely small. G2 literally underperformed. this system is by far the best system we have in modern counter strike.
2022-10-08 01:08
6 replies
its like you dont read the entire thread so im not gonna bother saying the same thing i said everytime.
2022-10-08 10:33
5 replies
I have been reading it, and my point still entirely stands. as someone who actually played my fair share of tournaments in the e-sports scene as well, I can tell you are very,very wrong here. + the biggest issue als is, that players get mentally and fysically drained as they play already a lot of games. making everything B03 would only increase player burn-out and stress. It was also the player's call to remove B05 as final match for majority of the tournaments. again, you don't understand where you are wrong so you assume someone who says you are wrong just ''didn'\t read''. try to read yourself more in on the subject. you will discover this system is the best they can currently offer.
2022-10-08 15:46
4 replies
I have also played in a few tournaments before and i dont care that its physically and mentally draining the end.
2022-10-08 17:44
Burnout in a nutshell is just laziness a lot of players yes they get tired due to travel and stuff but esp when the online era happened and everyone was like "burnout" wolf crying babies its just bs.
2022-10-08 17:46
2 replies
ah so you personally disagree with it. spoiler: facts> opinion. you have 0 clue what you are talking about. stay mad, my friend.
2022-10-08 20:18
1 reply
what I'm also stating is facts people like olof and them all cried burnout when all they did was sit at home with 0 travel so how is it personally disagreeing? And believe it or not i can also type "you have 0 clue what you are talking about. stay mad, my friend." proves fuckall really.
2022-10-08 20:20
 | 
Finland DankQ
Well yeah but two bo1s and one bo3 is quit many changes for you if u are supposed to be the best team in the game. Of course if you were going to play 5 bo3s 1win vs G2, then G2 would probably win in the end. But what makes cs interesting is that the better team doesn't always win. And my favourite thing about majors is that no team gets any advantage. But yeah the major qual format is kinda bad but at the same time G2 should have qualed and not qualing is not just bad luck but bad gameplay.
2022-10-07 21:50
41 replies
the major should be the very very best teams, it SHOULD be harder for the smaller teams to qualify, but with this format it's not ''too hard'' (obviously they go up against tier 1 teams) but you get my point.
2022-10-07 21:55
2 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Well yeah but that kinda tournament would be very hard to put together, since then you shouldn't have different rmrs for Australians and NA people. Shit teams will not make it past the first stage in major so it doesn't matter. The best team will win and that's all that will be remembered anyway pretty much so idk if it matters.
2022-10-07 21:58
How do we know a team is good though? If its not a big org ppl will always call the team bad just because they are not partners with all the big TOs. If G2 fail to qualify against t2-3 opposition they shouldnt be at the major because they are not one of the best teams then. They have one of the biggest Orgs though
2022-10-08 01:12
I'm not trying to be a dick here but : IDGAF about "Interesting" I'm here to watch the highest level of counter strike and watching gamer legion and fucking sprout is not that. This game is suppose to be skill expressive where only the best team wins otherwise wtf is the point of the major anyway to crown the team that's not the best but because its an interesting team to win the major for a change over teams who win it more often because they are actually the best.
2022-10-07 21:55
37 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
So you wanna watch thousands or hours of cs so we can actually see who was better 1win or G2? G2 right now isn't delivering the highest-tier of counterstrike and that's it. You will see the best teams once quarterfinals start. Before that it's just renegades and NA bot teams. In Major it is interesting to see not so popular teams make it far for example spirit last year. But the team that will be crowned is always going to be the best team that there is. If you are the best team you are not going to lose Bo3 against GL that's it.
2022-10-07 22:03
30 replies
Why are you still talking about G2 like thats a winning argument. I never said G2 deserved to be in the major I'm saying the concept that id rather have long rmr's to have the best teams in the major. Also its good to note the idea that the better team always wins is just bullshit lets be real. Stop talking about G2 I simply used them as the example of this situation.
2022-10-07 22:06
24 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
OK I will stop talking about G2 But for top tier teams it isn't about making the major it is winning it. Grand final will be a 1 bo3 game that defines who is the best in the world. Is that also not enough? You would wan't to watch 5 bo3s so we can actually know that they didn't just get lucky the first time? Luck is a part of life and especially in sports it can make a huge difference.
2022-10-07 22:14
23 replies
Yes you can never fully get rid off luck but we can make an effort to erase some bs from shit formats. Also my take is different with finals. Big finals like Cologne Katowice and the majors and the Blast World Final should all be b05 to test the map pool and put players through a grueling fight for the win. It would test a stronger larger map pool over a larger sample size while testing the consistency and will of the teams to give their all for multiple hours. A good example of this is The Faze Navi Match from Cologne. Navi lost but its the best match i have ever seen.
2022-10-07 22:21
22 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
The difference with bo3 and bo5 is pretty much the same difference that is with 100m run and 5000m run. They measure different things.
2022-10-07 22:24
21 replies
no thats a very bad analogy because a 100 m runner rarely if ever trains for 5000m or even 500m. Runners specialize in things. In cs you play the game and try to win and the larger the sample size within reason the better. Bo5's just put strain and more time to play well on the table. edit: A b05 and B03 simply differ in the sense that you have to win more maps its not a total different concept like running 5000m vs 100m
2022-10-07 22:28
20 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
But think that analogy like this: Every cs teams is 100m runner. When you put them to compete in a 5000m run the winner will probably not be the same guy who won the 100m race. But who was the best?
2022-10-07 22:30
19 replies
Again running and cs are not comparable because they are in no way similar other than that they are competitions.
18 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Well there is limits for running but there is also limits for cs. But you get my analogy right? Some teams are better playing for the long game (bo5) and some are better in the short games (bo3). But you cannot say that the bo5 teams are better than the bo3 teams.
2022-10-07 22:33
17 replies
Yes I get your point But LOOK AT what you said and think about it internalize it and think about this real quick and then you will understand why I say what i say. "Some teams are better playing for the long game (bo5) and some are better in the short games (bo3). But you cannot say that the bo5 teams are better than the bo3 teams." The point of competition is to get the best team within the parameters of the game. And the best way to do that is by a larger sample size as i stated earlier and testing peoples map pool and now what did you mean when you said by some teams are better at bo3 at than bo5, what you mean didn't even click and register in your mind when you typed it. Part of being the best is having the larger better map pool except for and this is important the one perma ban rule and why is the one perma ban rule ok well good question thats because its consistent through all competition and allows for outplay as if you dont have a perma ban it can be used to out draft their opponents by banning one of their best maps. This means its is by definition the best format to use at big tournaments. Thats why b05's are better because its tests who better at the competitive map pool consisting of 7 maps. Its like learning a full page worth of answers and someone asks a single question and if someone remembers those 3 answers they win ( referring to b03) but if someone remembers 97 answers but not the 3 asked then in a bo5 they would win over the bo3 that is why bo5 is better. Because its not a competition of whos better in 3 maps. Its a competition of whos better overall using all concepts to create a great competition by the mechanics and formats in cs.
2022-10-07 22:44
You cant lie I have got you in a pickle here.
2022-10-07 22:47
15 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Well yeah kinda. But it is arguable if having a bigger map pool should be one measurement of being the better team. Bo5 is just too much. It can show who has the bigger map pool but at the same time the last maps will be just about who has better stamina :D Idk I think we are both kinda right here but we have different views so maybe we should stop and just go sleep :D My brain not work anymore...
2022-10-07 22:52
14 replies
No we are not both right because Bo5 is only too much for you because you dont want to watch 12 hours of cs. For comparison tennis players push their physical limits for hours running and giving their all for hours and hours at a time. Physical limits in that context are possible to hit where as cs you could easily play 12 hours of cs in comparison to running for hours.
2022-10-07 22:55
13 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Lucas “Bubzkji” Andersen, pro player: - My critique of Bo5, is that players compete on a Bo3 Format in playoffs. Many have specialized in optimizing their routines and preparation for this format, but in the final they have to do it differently. Im pretty sure no teams can sit and go thru 5 maps before a game. Nobody instead of psychopaths of course would want to watch 12 hours of cs in a row. You don't need to run for 12 hours to get pushed to your physical limits. Running for 10 seconds also does it if u run as fast as you can. But pls let me go sleep don't continue.
2022-10-07 23:02
12 replies
First off im not gonna give a shit about whatever a pro player says even if its s1mple. being a pro player doesnt make what you say right nor does it even make any sense. I would have all games be b05 if that's his criticism because boom problem solved now prepare for 5 games all the time problem literally solved. Yeah I'm definitely a psychopath because I like watching something I enjoy for longer than someone else does wow I'm such a psychopath. also important to note what I'm saying is sarcasm. (Use some logic as to why that argument of 12 hours is shit). Again I apparently have to explain the match from Cologne was probably the best counter strike game out of all the versions including 1.6. Bo5s are better than bo3s because its easier to get lucky in a shitty short format competition the end. You have no arguments left to try and prove your point.
2022-10-07 23:13
11 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Bro why are you suddendly so aggressive. If all games were bo5s most fans would just get tired of watching cs. I just made a joke about that only a psychopath would watch 12 hours of cs. And noticing sarcasm through a text is kinda hard so don't expect me to notice that. Bo5s can be very good but at the same time, they can be very shit. For example, last Katowice G2 vs Faze 3-0 tight games but still pretty shit. In Bo3 it is easier to get lucky yeah but if you are actually the better team then you won't lose. But like Bubzkji said: every team trains for bo3 (100 meter run) when they are put in to bo5 (5k meter run) the game will be different.
2022-10-07 23:20
10 replies
I know sarcasm through text is hard that's why I wrote that its sarcasm. Also im not aggressive
2022-10-08 00:08
Ok now I'm getting annoyed because its like you don't want to listen to what I'm saying. Make all the games b05 then the issue is solved there is no problem then. Then you practice for b05 then there is no excuse. also for the argument that b05's can be shit and that b03 is better watch this because it explains everything correctly - youtube.com/watch?v=P2Dho-JtXuk
2022-10-08 00:11
8 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Sorry, not going to watch 40 minutes of somebody talking about bo5s. You can't make all the games bo5 that would just be too much.
2022-10-08 12:37
7 replies
if you aren't willing to engage in the conversation then don't say all b05's would be too much. Saying they cant all be b05's is just you being lazy and same for the pros.
2022-10-08 12:47
6 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Okay I will explain: Where do you think cs players, orgs and tournamnets get their money from? There are sponsons and investors but in the end it all comes from large fanbase. The fanbase stays and continues growing as long as the "sport" stays interesting. For most people unlike you watching 5 hours of cs is just too much. And when you eat too much candy, eventually you will get tired of it. Also what keeps cs interesting is the fact that any team can win no matter if you are underdog or well sponsored org. Like u said bo5 being too much is just laziness from the fans but at the same time watching sports is for the lazy people.
2022-10-08 12:58
5 replies
Watching sports is for the lazy people. Yea right like people cant work hard asf and then enjoy sports in their free time seems very logical. (again sarcasm)
2022-10-08 13:21
4 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
So you don't agree with the fact that watching sports is for lazy? If you work hard af you won't have 10 hours of freee time for some cs game. Of course you don't have to be lazy to watch sports but most of the sport watchers are lazy.
2022-10-08 13:24
3 replies
"If you work hard af you won't have 10 hours of freee time for some cs game." Working hard asf does not mean working 16 hours a day understand the meaning and difference between working hard and having long working hours. They are not the same however they can be combined.
2022-10-08 13:31
2 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
Now you are changing the subject here. I don't care what is hard working and what is not
2022-10-08 18:30
1 reply
Im not in any way changing the subject . Im pointing out that you are making the common mistake that hard work takes a ton of time hence why you said that otherwise people would not have time to spend 12 hours on cs.
2022-10-08 19:48
Also I would rather watch 100 hours of cs and know that the better team won than Interesting deep runs from 10 hours of games.
2022-10-07 22:15
4 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
You say so but without the element of surprise, every sport would be dead. "Better team isn't the one who has better players or bigger status, it is the one that managed to win" - DankQ form hltv
2022-10-07 22:21
3 replies
right so you think cloud 9 was better than Faze 2018 then by that statement? I never said its who has better players or bigger status either or unless you would like to show me where I said that. Faze curb stomped cloud 9's skull in every routinely whenever they played cloud 9 before or after the major final thats why I suggested B05's and if it were up to me to get the best winner It would be a b05 each day for 3 days meaning you would have to win 3 maps for 2 days to be crowned the winner because that is a large sample size and is not completely ridiculous considering they play cs anyway for like 10 hours a day. And yes there is a difference between scrims for 10 hours and officials for 10 hours but the point remains it should push people to their limits.
2022-10-07 22:25
2 replies
 | 
Finland DankQ
I have to now admit that I started watching cs in 2019 after the ence major run so I don't know anything about 2018 Faze vs C9. But like I said 100 meter run also pushes you to your absolutely limits.
2022-10-07 22:28
1 reply
Yes but heres the thing. Running is not comparable to csgo because running has issues like pushing your physical limits along with natural limits (humans can only run so fast ) at a point if humans kept running faster our limbs would eventually explode. Look up what happens to a wheel that spins too fast.
I would get your point if there was a major only once every two years.
2022-10-07 22:42
5 replies
So basically you are inferring you don't want the highest level of cs unless its every 2 years only because its boring and or too time consuming?
2022-10-07 22:47
4 replies
Now you are putting words to my mouth. Ofc i want best levels of cs all the time but there is this thing called reality. If u had much longer qualifiers to the tournament that is twice a year, schedules of pro’s would be even worse than they are now. Remember major is not only tournament. If you push them further we would see worse cs cos of pros burning up
2022-10-08 10:01
3 replies
I know its a controversial topic but there is no such thing as burn out - its called laziness. Their job is playing video games yes its long hours and whatever but it is just videogames at the end of the day. Its not like construction where your back starts to fuck up.
2022-10-08 10:35
2 replies
Bro… pro cs is other things too than what happens on the server. That is not controversial topic, that is a fact. Best cs comes when best skill gets best preparation. Not when they play dm 24/7.
2022-10-08 17:43
1 reply
did i say they have to play dm all day no. they can prepare as much as they want for 5 maps instead of 3 tho.
2022-10-08 17:48
g2 lost 4 maps, 2 in bo1 and 2 in b03, and won just single map that too against rank 38 team. there goes your greatness. G2 sucked and didn't deserved to be in major.
2022-10-07 21:58
3 replies
Holy shit I cant with people anymore WHERE IN THE PASSAGE DID I SAY G2 DESERVED TO BE IN THE MAJOR where please tell me. I was addressing a concept hence why I made an analogy with Lebron James.
2022-10-07 22:00
2 replies
G1-3
2022-10-07 22:58
1 reply
are you dumb? I'm not a g2 fan idgaf if they get to the major or not. I was addressing a concept with g2 as the example.
2022-10-07 23:00
i mean you are right if they' would matched up 100 times 90% of them would be G2 wins, but all teams are equal in the tournament and G2 is probably going to be the only "big" team that won't qualify. I don't count Astralis since they had a last second stand in and has soon-to-be-made roster changes. so it's definitely G2's fault more than the tournament system.
2022-10-07 22:53
1 reply
Agreed but regardless there should be no bo1's.
2022-10-07 22:56
Ydah if they cant win against those teams they have nothin to do in the major anyway
2022-10-07 21:40
6 replies
I didn't say they did you missed the premise by an mile measured with a ruler.
2022-10-07 21:48
 | 
Finland DankQ
Well yeah the major final will be bo3 anyways so if can't win bo3 against GL how do you expect them to do it against Faze or Navi. (or Nip who will be the actual winner)
2022-10-07 21:52
4 replies
Because like I said they have more experience facing NaVi or Faze than Gamer legions.
2022-10-07 22:04
''They cant beat x team so they wont beat y team'' That's the dumbest equation possible.
2022-10-07 22:06
1 reply
Thank you somebody saved my braincells from melting.
2022-10-07 22:07
They won JUST RECENTLY Navi ( the team that you are talking about), Outsiders and Faze, buddy that was a month ago, what makes you think that they can't compete versus them again? I gotta admit I'm a G2 fan myself and was devastated today to see them lose, but this guy has a point, these formats are just ridiculous, g2 is gonna be top 3 team most likely very soon and if you were watching those games, it was more than obvious that that was only a bad week for them (You won't see Monesy miss those shots I can guarantee in the next 3 tier 1 tournaments.
2022-10-07 23:03
 | 
Spain term1cal
They are out already, theres nothing they can do now to enter the major
2 replies
They could have just bought tickets like normal people do, but noooo
1 reply
 | 
Spain term1cal
I mean yea they can enter the major by buying tickets and entering xD
2022-10-08 00:59
HAHAHAH OK THEN THIS IS A LAUGH THREAD NOW NIKO 0 MAJORS
1 reply
bwahahahahahahahaha
2022-10-07 22:03
Yes they can play at No Majors Clubs hosted by Richard Lewis and his friends.
1 reply
Its a bit fun and good banter
2022-10-07 21:27
Hey I just saw 5 guys with black and white esports jersey on Malta International Airport Gate 2, does anyone know who they are?
1 reply
Esl referees
2022-10-07 21:27
cat | 
China GuileEe
Paris major then yes
 | 
Russia Sa1ntXD
Clueless
 | 
Scotland Ludax
they are the next OG and will miss 3 majors in a row
2022-10-07 21:24
2 replies
Og probably goes to the major with 3-2 record on the rmr
2022-10-08 00:19
1 reply
 | 
Scotland Ludax
yeah probably, if they dont lose to sangal of course...
2022-10-08 00:26
buy their stickers now before they go up
2022-10-07 21:41
 | 
Finland Tusku
PepeLaugh
2022-10-07 21:42
not yet. they fight astralis for the last spot
2 replies
Last spot on a plane
2022-10-07 21:51
1 reply
winner gets the window seat
2022-10-07 21:52
yes they can, before final they have showmatch, then choko can cry when faze wins another major with grandslam.
2022-10-07 21:59
3 replies
delusional. faze wouldnt win jack shit
2022-10-07 22:05
2 replies
flair checks out. vitality will also particpate in showmatch after losing in quartfinals against faze
2022-10-07 22:08
1 reply
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
2022-10-07 22:09
thank god g2 are out
2022-10-07 22:01
Hooxi still has a chance for showmatch maybe
2022-10-07 22:04
1 reply
+1
2022-10-07 22:44
poor baby kid monesy is crying right now
2022-10-07 22:25
1 reply
poor m0nesy, should've stayed in academy
Snax | 
Europe Jezynt
Yes Hqhahahahahahahqhahhahahahagagagagahahahahah
2022-10-07 22:29
LOL
2022-10-07 22:35
how do i say it nicely
 | 
Estonia Kukkel
Time to become FaZe fan, forget G2 already, Niko is the problem.
2022-10-07 23:04
Time to become NIP fan, forget G2 already, Aleksib is not the problem.
2022-10-08 01:03
they play last map vs astralis at de_airport
2022-10-08 01:04
1 reply
XDDDDDDDDDDDD
2022-10-08 11:48
Not out yet. Still can play show match at major
2022-10-08 13:36
1 reply
LMAOOO +1
2022-10-08 20:21
Well.. if like 15 teams has visa issues then maybe g2 Will get invited... very unlikely byt not impossible!
2022-10-08 13:39
Bro cant believe it
2022-10-08 20:21
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
United Kingdom
ESL TV B
2052 viewers
Top streams
All(33)
Casters(18)
Streamers(12)
Organizers(3)
United Kingdom
ESL TV B