i agree for all the ones that i watch
NBA arguments for Lebron, even though I hate him
thorin came around for an htlv account now
cricket = Babar Azam
10. MLB (baseball) = Babe Ruth (arguments for Babe Ruth, Ted Williams)
best golfer I have ever seen is Happy Gilmore
Stopped reading after Messi.
1. Football (soccer) = Lionel Andres Messi (I agree but there are arguments)
2. NBA (basketball) = Michael Jeffrey Jordan (no arguments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
3. NFL (handegg) = who the fuck watches this boring sport?
4. F1 (racing) = I think its impossible to say, its more of a constructions sport
5. UFC (mma) = I never watched that, I prefer Boxing = Mike Tyson over Ali
6. Tennis = Rafael Nadal ( I think only Novak and Rafa have strong enough arguments, Roger is just the hyped option)
7. NHL (hockey) = Wayne Gretzky (no arguments, I guess so, not the biggest NHL fan)
8. Golf = Tiger Woods, I think he wins out because of the better competition, he just ruined his career at some point
9. Cricket = no idea, I could not name one player
10. MLB (baseball) = Babe Ruth (hard to argue)
You could easily argue that Lemieux was _at least_ on par with Gretzky.
lebron would put up wilt's numbers in jordan's era
ufc should also include arguments for demetrious johnson
You can make a very good argument for ronaldo, but imo it isnt really possible to say one is better than the other
12. Biathlon - Ole Einar Bjørndalen
13. Table tennis - Jan-Ove Waldner
14. Swimming - Michael Phelps
15. Chess - Magnus Carlsen
JBJ surely is the smartest fighter to ever step into the octagon, but GSP is goat. IF jbj wins against gane, i'll consider him an equal to GSP, if JBJ wins against stipe, then JBJ is mma goat in my book.
11 boxer muhammad ali
and i think for basketball u could argue that lebroon is goat but for me jordan
Ronaldo clear of pessi but okay. King of champions league vs Mister bowing my head down when getting demolished.
There definitely is argument in Football but I agree with you
In football there an argument for maradona and pele
there is only one sport with no argument and thats ice hockey
Baseball goat is Barry Bonds and there's literally no argument other than shohei ohtani in the future
Arguments can definitely be made for football (both american and soccer)
Tennis is incorrect.
maybe add Sachin Tendulkar to the list of arguments (cricket)
What are those random sports? Where only like 1-2 nations play them?
must have a really sad life to unironically care and argue about other people's achievements
fangio is also on the list
Football has many arguments.
The GOAT can be Pelé, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo or Maradona.
All of those mentioned above have inhuman numbers, things that NO ONE has managed to beat (yet).
You say you have no arguments is an unacceptable thing.
cricket- Sachin Tendulkar.. there i fixed it
Fucking impressive. Never thhought some1 could actually make this list that make sense
F1 is Jim Clark without any doubts
4. F1 (racing) = Michael Schumacher (arguments for Hamilton, Senna)
Wrong. The GOAT is Juan Manuel Fangio.
And if you come up with some bullshit that even your grandmother could compete back in the day, there were people dying every fuckin race. Every FUCKIN race. There was never a harder period to be a F1 driver.
You clearly googled all of these and posted the top entry for each one.
Football (soccer) = Depends on the era and position. Messi can't defend or Play GK. He is one of the top forwards of all time, but he did it with a great supporting cast everywhere he's played. There are much more prolific players who actually had to carry poor teams.
2. NBA (basketball) = Depends on the Era and Position. Jordan had it all but he isn't the greatest shooter of all-time and he isn't the best defender of all time.
3. NFL (handegg) = Depends on the Era and Position. Brady can't run the ball, or catch the ball or play defense. Peyton Manning was a much better passer.
4. F1 (racing) = the goat is the car
5. UFC (mma) = Jon Bones Jones for sure
6. Tennis = Nadal......
7. NHL (hockey) = Best forward yes. Greatest player, who knows?
8. Golf = wake me up when its over
9. Cricket = not sure if a sport
10. MLB (baseball) = Babe Ruth maybe in his era, but he'd be nowhere near the top 10 in this current era.
5/8 (stop baiting Ronaldo's fans lol)
CSGO: NAF (totally not extreme bias)
Messi with no arguments? What about Cristiano? They shared pitch together for more than 10 years.
Football : Cristiano Ronaldo
This is 100% unbiased
1. Football (soccer) = Pele (no arguments)
2. NBA (basketball) = L Bron (no arguments)
3. NFL (handegg) = who cars
4. F1 (racing) = cars
5. MMA = Fedor (no arguments)
6. Tennis = Federer (no arguments)
7. Hockey = Ovi (no arguments)
8. Golf = who cars
9. Cricket = who cars
10. MLB (baseball) = who cars
mans never heard of mr.champions league
Surf (kelly slater) 11 times world champion still competing inside top 10 surfers at 51 years old, arguably the greatst sportsman of all time
2. Michael "Air" Jordan
3. who care
4. Senna/Alan Prost/ Schumacher
5. Anderson Silva/Fedor (Mike tyson if Boxe)
6. who care
7. who care
8. Tiger Woods
9. who care
10. who care
11. and "swimming"??? Can't forget the greatest of all "Michael Phelps"...
no bias hahahahahaha
1/soccer: pele/maradona (messi just equal Cr7, that's it)
2 to 10: noboody care
pele is goat
There are not many videos of him with his best plays, there are few videos, but many players, current coaches, said that Pele was the best player they have ever seen
there was a player who played with Maradona and trained Messi, and he said that Messi is the same as Maradona, but like Pele there was no one like him.
and he said that they should remove pele from any ranking, because pele was on another level
RONALDO RONALDO RONALDOOOO
1. Football (soccer) = Lionel Andres Messi (no arguments)
2. NBA (basketball) = Michael Jeffrey Jordan (no arguments)
3. NFL (handegg) = dont care
4. F1 (racing) = Michael Schumacher (arguments for Hamilton, Senna, Prost)
5. UFC (mma) = Khabib NurmaGODmedov, Loved Jon Jones, but too many times caught cheating and a couple of decisions went his way that maybe shouldn't
6. Tennis = Novak Djokovic for me no arguments, he has a dominating record against both Nadal and Fedex. Nadal only beats him on clay where he is undisputed GOAT. Also he would have 23-24 GS by now if he wasn't robbed at US 1 time and banned from US / AU Open
7. NHL (hockey) = Wayne Gretzky (arguments Lemieux, maybe Oveckhin soon)
8. Golf = Jack Nicklaus (arguments for Woods) I'm gonna have to believe u, don't watch golf and never will fun to play tho
9. Cricket = don't care, don't even know the rules :)
10. MLB (baseball) = don't care, watched 1 game in my life or better slept trough it
11. CS:GO s1mple
12. Biathlon - Ole Einar Bjørndalen (arguments for J.T. Boe who can surpass Bjorndalen)
13. Table tennis - some Chinese guy
14. Swimming - Michael Phelps
15. Chess - between Kasparov, Carlsen and Fischer IMO
16. LoL - Faker
1. Football -Maradona
2. CS - NEO
3. CSGO - s1mpel
4. LoL - Canyon
jones is not the goat after ciryl gane is going to destroy this bum
1. Football (soccer) = Lionel Andres Messi (no arguments) True
2. NBA (basketball) = Michael Jeffrey Jordan (no arguments) Who cares
3. NFL (handegg) = Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. (no arguments) Who cares
4. F1 (racing) = Michael Schumacher (arguments for Hamilton, Senna) True
5. UFC (mma) = Jon Bones Jones (arguments for GSP, Silva) NO
6. Tennis = Novak Djokovic (arguments for Roger, Nadal) Maybe
7. NHL (hockey) = Wayne Gretzky (no arguments) Yes
8. Golf = Jack Nicklaus (arguments for Woods) Who cares
9. Cricket = Donald Bradman (no arguments) lmao, is this a real sport?
10. MLB (baseball) = Babe Ruth (arguments for Babe Ruth, Ted Williams) who cares
Counter Strike = Mikko ''xartE'' Välimaa (no arguments)
Goat of cricket is arguable, candidates are Sachin, Shane Warne, Jimmy Anderson, possibly Virat Kohli and Jaques Kallis
who tf follow that many sports
table tennis ma long i guess
sorry but ronaldo is the goat
what about 42 for baseball
I would have loved to see how well Gretzky would have played his whole career without Kurri. After all Gretzky achieved 4 Stanley cups and every single one when Kurri was in his line. Kurri had 5, so was Gretzky really that amazing? Not saying that he would have been bad or anything just wondering.
Its 2023 and there are still people saying CR7 is the goat 😂
I can understand if they are saying Pele or Maradona. But Cristiano? Lmao
11. Posting braindead hltv posts: HLTVHISTORIAN(undisputed)
you forgot many sports, redo a proper list in another thread
Wayne Gretzky might be the greatest athlete of all time. Him or Bo Jackson maybe.
11. csgo = HOOXI (no arguments)
MLB - You can make a ton of arguments for people other then Babe Ruth what is this Europe.
Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Barry Bonds, Mickey Mantle, Pedro Martinez, Mike Trout
All have an argument at the very least.
1. Football (soccer) = Lionel Messi (arguments for CR7, Maradona)
2. NBA (basketball) = Don't watch
3. NFL (handegg) = Michael Jordan (arguments for LeBron James, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
4. F1 (racing) = Lewis Hamilton (arguments for Michael Schumacher)
5. UFC (mma) = Don't watch
6. Tennis = Roger Federer (arguments for Djokovic, Nadal)
7. NHL (hockey) = Don't watch
8. Golf = Tiger Woods (arguments for Jack Nicklaus)
9. Cricket = Don't watch
10. MLB (baseball) = Don't watch
Football - Messi
Basketball - MJ 23
I still like Federer the most.
Fangio is the only competition for Schumacher, Senna isn't even close and Hamilton while good always had the best car, I think that only on 2018 wasn't a 1-2 for Mercedes.
Pool - Efren Reyes
Snooker - Ronnie O Sullivan
Chess - Magnus Carlsen
Football = Pelé (arguments for Messi, but still no 3 World Cups, same number of Golden Balls - 7, Pelé more goals, more impact, did everything first, brought football to the world, stopped the whole world)
F1 = Senna (arguments for Schummacher, watch the BBC doc)
NBA = Jordan (arguments for LBJ if he keeps consistent)
Tennis = Nadal (arguments for Federer and Djoko)
UFC = GSP (arguments for Silva and Jones)
what about chess?
magnus carlsen or robert fisher?
Tom Brady is actually the most overrated player in all of sports. Actual barely above average talent graced with the perfect defense, system, special teams, and luck. I have absolutely no doubt somebody like fucking Matt Stafford or Joe Flacco would win a handful of rings with the teams hes been on.
Football (soccer) = Leo Messi
NBA (basketball) = LeBron James
UFC (mma) = Khabib Nurmagomedov
Bonus: CS = s1mple
i guess the no argument is bcs of the wc
but dude even fcking Hungary who didnt even qualify would have a chance to win the wc with 12 players on the field
i can point out quite a few very interesting referee decisions in almost all the games
otamendi should've got sent off in the final
parades should've got sent off against netherlands
7 games 6 penalty(and almost all of them were quite interesting)
final goal for argentina shouldn't have counted
literal referee said its just feels bad to give yellow card to messi and after this proceeds to run a knockout stage argentina game
and when messi handed that ball no yellow card that wouldn't really have changed the game but you know something is up when that is not a yellow card
and iam not saying that it was bribed (not impossible)
but there was obvious favouritsm from the referees
1. Football (soccer) = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
2. NBA (basketball) = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
3. NFL (handegg) = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
4. F1 (racing) = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
5. UFC (mma) = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
6. Tennis = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
7. NHL (hockey) = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
8. Golf = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
9. Cricket = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
10. MLB (baseball) = Aleksandr 's1mple' Kostyliev
interesting to see what germans think of american sports, its actually comical
Cricket = Sachin. Period.
No one gives a fuck about Volleyball right?