Thread has been deleted
Last comment
game launchers
 | 
United States DBVS 
they all fucking suck, every single one of them, yes ubisoft, yours sucks, so does your riot, and yours too epic, fuck all of them for making us use their shitty launchers you buy a game on the only decent launcher? you launch it to play, but no, fuck you, you need to make ubisoft account and use their shitty software like why do these devs think they will ever dethrone steam, just so fucking annoying
2023-01-31 17:34
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
 | 
United States DBVS
rant /closed
2023-01-31 17:35
1 reply
/open +1 /closed
 | 
Ukraine Sneako
Reported
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
maybe Microsoft eventually ends up buying every other company out there and makes them shut down their launchers , like they did with Bethesda
2023-01-31 17:36
6 replies
 | 
United States DBVS
ill be completely ok with this, i think the gaming industry is one of the things a monopoly is not a bad idea in
2023-01-31 17:38
5 replies
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
nah monopoly is always a bad idea , regardless of which industry. But yes the launchers should be getting rid off when they dont pan out. Like i dont understand the need of having your own when your game are available on Steam for purchase.
2023-01-31 17:44
4 replies
 | 
United States DBVS
the main reason people dont like monopoly in other sectors is lack of competition and the exploitation of the consumer, but with games its not like products, even if all games were by Microsoft, people would not buy expensive games because no one really needs to, they would just be pirated way more often at some point, they know this, this is why any sensible studio doesn't price their games over maybe 40 or 60 US dollars, just look at forspoken, a brand fuckin new game with a peak of 9k players because of their outrageous pricing meanwhile elden ring at 60 dollars instead of 70 fuckin euroes for some people, peaked at almost a million, I know its not a good comparison but it's real, games over 60 dollars perform like shit almost every time we are paying for a product at the end of the day and if that product isn't good, people wont pay for it, so its in even a monopolies best interest to keep the consumers happy in the case of a hobby like gaming
2023-01-31 17:49
3 replies
only game in my opinion that is worth 60 euros is witcher 3.
2023-01-31 17:53
1 reply
 | 
United States DBVS
admittedly, some games are worth a lot of entertainment, like csgo for example, if valve suddenly decided to say fuck all of us and made us rebuy the game for 70 euros, I would unfortunately have to buy it because csgo is such an amazing game and I spend so much time in it, there is no price you can put on thousands of hours of fun, but you can get that kinda fun in a game like forspoken or elden ring or wither because they don't have the kind of replayability that multiplayer games have that being said if Activision released a new COD at 70 euros no one would buy that shit because its not a proven game most likely
2023-01-31 17:57
 | 
Pakistan LoOuU2
well your argument is actually flawed on many levels. For instance with the advent of DRM and Denuvo, the crack scene has taken a massive hit in recent years and virtually any game that has Denuvo Anti Tampering doesnt get cracked. All the past crackers are gone , the scenes and groups are closed and only actual entity trying is Empress. I know this because i am active in the cracking scene and rarely any AAA game these days gets pirated because of the tampering softwares that lock you out. The Quarry and Dying Light 2 were released last year in February and havent been cracked for example in a year. Up until yesterday both had Denuvo but it got removed in last 24 hours and i am sure their cracks have already surfaced. Microsoft say can basically hold a monopoly and infest all their games with this tampering software and never remove them in the future , forcing people to buy them out if they wanna play it since there would be no hope for getting a crack. Of course with this move many people and crackers might retaliate and perhaps the cracking scene finds another way to counter this, but Deunvo has been a thing for years and in response the scenes and groups have already shut down, only Empress fights back. Regarding pricing and newer games, well the publishers have already started pricing their games above 60$ citing new gen of consoles as a reason however, you yourself in your comment proved that its not the pricing which is a problem but rather the quality of the product a consumer gets when one pays the money when you take Elder Ring and Forspoken as examples. Ranging from the problems with the game and its mechanics to its performance problems which seem to be a norm with newer AAA games now is why Forspoken is doing very poorly. In contrast, Elder Ring doesnt suffer from these problems and there being a big Souls Like genre community helps in its sells too , but arguably its a polished product that everyone is willing to pay big bucks for because they know what they get in return is a great quality game. Now sure people wont pay for a product which isnt good and turn their attention towards the alternatives . which we see in action everyday but what if there arent any alternatives ? What if every other option is controlled by the same company whose product turned you down in the first place ? In other words , what if there is no other alternative to look up to ? Thats monopoly. HOWEVER , your last line is the only relevant supporting point when it comes to establishing monopoly in the gaming industry. Unlike the other big groups and corporations that want to be the sole puppeteers of the basic necessities , gaming in itself is a hobby or a luxury. When the times get dire, when shit hits the fan and when the crap by a corp gets too much to handle , people can just let go off gaming completely and find other hobbies or ways to pass their time. That obviously isnt fruitful to any company that deals with gaming industry so it is in their best interest to never escalate to such an extreme level where no one buys their product because again , its just a hobby , not a necessity.
2023-02-01 12:52
 | 
Europe idan)
Steam best launcher
2023-01-31 17:36
 | 
Hungary jadyn_x
Thats why you warez, no shitty laucnhers needed :) Steam is the only good launcher, seriously
2023-01-31 17:37
kkkk
2023-01-31 17:39
Battle net is good
2023-01-31 17:46
4 replies
 | 
United States DBVS
its shit compared to steam
2023-01-31 17:51
3 replies
 | 
Romania garcea89
+1 i play wow loads and hearthstone, always takes ages to load
2023-01-31 17:58
2 replies
Maybe cuz shit pc??
2023-01-31 18:25
1 reply
 | 
Romania garcea89
from day 1 it was like this, and back then the pc was top 10%....
2023-01-31 18:27
battle state games launcher (Tarkov launcher) sucks big time
2023-01-31 17:58
Spinx | 
Israel IdoXD
Steam is the only good one. Origin is ok, Ubisoft is ass, Battlenet is meh, Epic Games is annoying
2023-01-31 17:59
2 replies
 | 
United States DBVS
imagine if all of them were standard on steam, imagine when you launched rainbow six siege the game just launched and you could invite people with steam overlay/steam friends list imagine if you could launch overwatch from steam launcher imagine if battlefield without having to deal with the bullshit that goes along with origin launching in the background too
2023-01-31 21:23
1 reply
Spinx | 
Israel IdoXD
that would be the ultimate dream come true lol I recently played Battlefield 3 campaign and the Battlelog shit was so annoying and took very long time to load
2023-01-31 22:38
i don't really care that there's multiple launchers, but more that it's so difficult keeping track of friends across the different brands.
2023-01-31 21:49
Steam is the best, nothing comes close
2023-01-31 21:51
GIGA | 
Sweden murii
pc peasant problems
2023-01-31 22:42
devs dont want to pay 30 % to Gaben
2023-01-31 22:42
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
Now playing
Thumbnail for stream
United Kingdom
ESL TV
28581 viewers
Top streams
All(31)
Casters(13)
Streamers(11)
Organizers(7)
United Kingdom
ESL TV