their internet is too bad and they are too busy fucking girls
i think they have real life
Most of the players who won something at a national level had s1mple's ego, thinking that everything should be handed out to them. Nobody wants to actually tryhard to become good at the game, we'll see with the CS2 release if something will change but I highly doubt it.
they have successful lives unlike hltv users
I hope in CS2 Italian people will play tier2-tier3 at the begining
Because for italian population videogames are just a side hobby for rainy days. Most people prefer to hang out and nobody takes videogames seriously. Thus rare are the people comiting into the game hard enough to reach high level.
The majority of countries on earth do not have professional CS:GO players so why is your dumbass focusing on one specific country? I mean you are just asking a stupid question that has no definitive answer
in the 2000s there was some bullshit law about Lan House/Video Games and some shit like that so they never had a scene
I initially thought it was just a CS thing, but thinking about it, I've rarely seen Italians in PC gaming in general
Italians would have a competitive advantage as so many maps are set in Italy
CS2 won't change a thing, culturally we're doomed. f0rtnite, valulrant even rocket league have a larger player base than cs here
Because Italians are busy living good lives
When I was back home I was always out living life if that helps? Games for me was a rainy day thing
They are busy holding the line on Lampedusa
You don't need CS if you live in itally ffs. The country is a true gem for trips and basically walking anywhere around is beautiful.
1. the weather is good, people hang outside
2. Pc gaming is dead, everybody has consoles and since playing alone sucks you just buy a console
3. Football is the sport of italy, play football, watch football. No time for esports or other things.
4. Nobody play cs. Really, not in my school not in my uni. Ive never met a random dude that play cs. Again if nobody plays a game you dont play it too, being alone sucks.
5. Boomer mentality, this is a old country. Gaming = loser wasting time, in the eyes of everybody.
6. Bad connection outside big cities. In rome i had 1gb here i have 100mb (1 year ago i had 7 without optical fiber = 90 ping)
7. No role models, high level scene, history in cs. With who you are creating a team? There are like 5 4k elo players.
So basically cs is just not the game in italy and gaming is dead in general. We have other interests cooking, going out for girls, football. Not everybody ofc, i hate football. 90% for sure tho.
Once I made a long thread explaining all of it but it got 404'd even tho it was not offensive lol I don't know what happened, so I'll try to summarize here (in order of importance):
1) Football: football is the absolute dominant hobby among the teenagers and it is one of the most effective ways to make new friends or engage with friends you've lost contact with (because you go to different schools, for example). So people either go play football for the city team or in an academy or on the streets.
2) Mindset: It may sound simplistic, but italian people have the wrong mindset at least when it comes to online competition. I don't know why but during these years I felt like italian players have always this necessity to highlight how strong they are, how they don't win because everybody hacks, how they "could be tier1 IF ONLY THEY WANT TO" and stuff related.
This toxic mindset of course prevent you to get actually better at the game, since you are forced to think that you're already the best and that there's some sort of plot for which you can't reach the top.
3) Internet: Now internet in Italy is ok, but until 5/6 years ago it was not a priority for the government, so in 2015 we were almost all stuck with freaking ADSL 20Mb with copper wires.
4) Fear of being made fun of: I don't know if it is or it has been the same in your country, but in Italy playing videogames until some years ago was seen among the young generation as a thing for the losers, expecially if they were "online" and competition was involved. This, even though at the end everybody played videogames (could have been FIFA, COD, other popular games).
This monthly thread again...
Because we play football and chase girls all day and look down on you autistic nerds staying indoors playing CS 24/7.
Bro, there's only one person on this website that is Italian, lol
You can't host gaming events in Italy, it's considered as gambling so it cut the grass right away for local events to make the community grow.
Beside that, Italy has a great Quake player: Vengeur, Stermy was great in Q3/QL too. I think they have good starcraft 2 player too. Apparently, they shine in 1v1 games
hltv and gargling on italys cock name a more iconic duo
"they are just too cool for videogames losers haha"
Same topic every month do some research
Pata Jones is grinding a lot on cs2, he's top 1 italy on faceit leaderboard
Because gli italiani have only two thoughts: to watch football and to drink wine.
Vino rosso cazzo grosso)
Too busy watching football
Because they're too busy driving old cars, putting gel in their hair and fucking women
Bibu, who was recently signed by GenOne, is an Italian citizen if I’m not mistaken
arent italians simply way more in to consoles if they play videogames?
Console gaming is more popular in Italy and in the competitive scene they play more FIFA and COD.
CS is not that popular of a game, or professional gaming in general is not something they do, although there are plenty of streamers but not CS.
As mentioned by others, internet is shockingly bad as well in most places.
most people in Italy play on console pc gaming is not as popular as other countries still sad that there were no Italian teams as I would love too see someone represent them for once
they are busy riding their bmxes and italian model gfs
Nobody really knows. The latest theory is that italian scene actually exists, but once an italian gets very good at any eSports title, he gets locked up at italian Area51 for nerds. That is the only plausible explanation.
Not the same thing, but "Bubi" is basically italian, don't remember exactly but i think he went in italy when he was a kid