Thread has been deleted
Last comment
Steelseries 6Gv2 Red Switches
Australia GoMeZ 
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows a physical PC store in either NewYork or Boston who would stock this new keyboard (not the older version with black switches). Need's to be a physical retailer as my friend is only there for a few days. So if anyone knows, share here with me. Thanks !
2012-12-28 00:01
J&R in Manhattan. Huge store. They sell Steelseries keyboards, but it says on their website that they are out of stock on the 6gv2 red in store, but you can order it online and they will ship it to the store so you can pick it up (probably have to call them and let them know the situation). The store is on Park Row, right near the Brooklyn Bridge. They jacked up the price though, honestly he is better off just getting one shipped from Steelseries to his hotel room if time allows it.
2012-12-28 00:16
Thanks Joe, I think he is only there for a few days in each location. I might use one of those USA ordering services... (Where they deliver to them, then ship to AUS).
2012-12-28 02:27
Dammit man it was as if you were reading my bloody mind! I am also looking for the SS 6GV2 special Red edition but can't find it anywhere! I think it was only a limited thing or something, Anyone got any ideas for the UK, specifically London?
2012-12-28 00:17
Actually, you guys have one of the best keyboard stores around!!! keyboardco.com/index.asp They do not stock Steelseries boards so I guess this doesn't really answer your question, but you can get a fullsize Filco with reds for 100 pounds which is actually a pretty good price. (Filco's are virtually impossible to find over here) I don't think the 6gv2 is distributed anywhere else but the US currently, so you will probably have a hard time finding it.
2012-12-28 00:28
Ye, well I've been getting into mechanical keyboards lately and have finally chosen to go for MX Reds. Kinda also on a tight budget though and was eyeing the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with reds as it was only 60 - something pounds.
2012-12-28 00:38
CM Storm is a fairly cheap brand, I wouldn't trust
2012-12-28 02:42
get a filco/ducky with red mx keys instead of steelseries, those brands are the best (with cherry)
2012-12-28 01:21
i dont see how they are any different if they all use Cherry MX switches. I dont use any of the special buttons, just the regular 104 buttons. Plus i would prefer to support gaming brands since they put a lot of money into sponsoring teams, and without Steelseries a lot of teams would be dead. Also, i have a 7G and i use the palm rest, so i will be moving it onto the 6Gv2 which is why i want this one and not a filco/das/ducky.
2012-12-28 02:26
it depends on many factors..key caps, keycap printing (filco has keyboards with front side printing), ducky has keyboards with green mx switches but those are a more silent blue so not good for gaming but ofc it's your choice, I've seen f0rest, Delpan & cArn use the 6gv2 with red switches too, they were for sale only at dreamhack events afaik and are in stock only for USA
2012-12-28 02:41
Probably should've mentioned that your friend is peekay to get people interested in helping.
2012-12-28 02:55
didn't think of that !
2012-12-28 06:07
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.