Thread has been deleted
Last comment
For Danes :)
Poland joeb 
Hiho, I'm looking for someone from Odense, Denmark, to gather information and so one about the city, living standards, job requirements and more. Any help is greatly appreciated, contact with me via PM, thanks! :)
2013-06-23 13:29
Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
Poland joeb 
up!
2013-06-23 15:05
Well, no matter which city you are going to. Currently Denmark is pretty strict against immigration, and most people prefer hiring Danish rather than foreigners so it will be hard to find a job. Specific jobs like being a teacher or a few other majors requires even being educated from Denmark only. Oh, and they are very racist towards Arabs so I wouldn't recommend moving if you relate to one since it will also affect getting a job (and social life). EDIT: As for living standards, it's a great living standard as long as you have a decent job since taxes are really high and so are the expenses. Though if you have a good job it won't be much of a problem since salaries are high too :).
2013-06-23 16:47
About the teachers isn't true, unfortunately.. we have the shittiest teacher from Columbia who barely speak danish. And that's in highschool/gymnasium.
2013-06-23 17:17
 | 
World breezy0 
lol
2013-06-23 17:20
At least you can always buy cocaine from that columbian fella.
2013-06-23 18:05
My sister is a teacher and has taught for 20 years and has a PHD, she was only allowed to be a kindergarten teacher because she didn't learn the "teacher degree" from Denmark, because she learned outside of Denmark. She has Danish nationality (she was also born here from Danish parents) and she has fluent Danish, but no one wanted her because of 1) Her name had a last name that is Arabic as do I, and 2) She did not graduate in Denmark. I don't know about your Colombian teacher, but at least from my experience it is true.
2013-06-23 18:19
I don't think you should blame her last name for being the reason why she couldn't be a teacher,I had a couple of muslim teachers aswell.
2013-06-23 18:23
Nah not once they met her, she had problems getting interviews. Her first name is Mona which is a very common name, she looks Danish and she speaks like a normal Dane. A typical blonde, but having a Muslim father unfortunately gave us an Arabic last name. For most interviews they either called her over-qualified or didn't bother interviewing her due to "unknown reasons", ones that did meet her all said something very straight forward; that they didn't "expect" seeing her look very Danish. I am pretty much against immigration as well since it's causing a lot of culture conflicts in Denmark, something that has been happening in USA for a very long time. Though the amount of discrimination just for something as simple as a name has become a problem here.
2013-06-23 18:28
Is/are your family muslims? I've seen like 2-3 teachers who had arabic background but were christians(Even having one).
2013-06-23 20:09
My mom is a Protestant typical Danish Christian, my Dad is a Muslim that married my mother back in the 60s so yes I was inherited a Muslim. Safe to say we got most of my mother's genes so we neither look or act Arab, plus my family consist of atheists except me who believes in theism (Believes in a deity but not in religion). So we get discriminated a lot by our names over the years, imagine being white and having a blonde family and being born in your country yet everyone accuses you because of your last name in your own country.
2013-06-23 20:24
Tunisia edgg 
"act Arab", quite curious to know how Arabs are acting any different from everyone else
2013-06-23 20:32
Well I wasn't assuming they are different as people, but more like dress style and the fact they speak Arabic to each other. Majority of women wear veils as well, so by my definition "acting Arab" means "act by means of Arabic culture", not to say they are different as humans. For example, if someone dresses in a "dress robe" then they are dressing by cultural standard; in which is an Arabic culture.
2013-06-23 20:47
Tunisia edgg 
I see, you got a point there
2013-06-23 21:10
In Denmark, there can sometimes be a HUGE difference tbh. The way they speak and act to danes for example .. In some places, they act like they are owning turfs..
2013-06-25 02:08
Wtf, you should go abroad then. You'll be more appreciated somewhere else. I know a danes, he's a ship captain who usually shop in my dad's store. He's a good guy and often told us a things about his country.. never knew that racism is quite a culture there.
2013-06-24 17:56
why do polish people want to go to norway or denmark or uk to receive less than native people? I think they have a pretty bad life at these countries because living there is really expensive as hell and they've so bad wages I think that polish people think that they receive more so they'll have more money to spend and will use almost all that money to fun and bills.. but I don't think that is correct..
2013-06-23 18:26
I think Denmark was more willing in the past than in the present, the laws for immigration has changed over the years. When I moved out of Denmark when I was younger, Denmark used to pay students that are even abroad but they changed that over time as well. I think they are trying to limit the amount of people in order to not break the economic balance they have, or due to culture conflicts which cause a violence. Keep in mind Denmark is a country that required to borrow police from Sweden and Norway when they had Obama visit Denmark due to the fact they did not have enough police :D
2013-06-23 18:38
sad :| and I think all countries over the years will change the laws for immigration :| here in Portugal is all emmigrating... because here we can't find a job if they change the laws.. the world is going to colapse and a lot of people will be without a job and be poor..
2013-06-23 18:44
wait denmark is part of the EU right? so as i can go live there with no problems like polish people can come live in the uk? or like turkish people can live in the netherlands you dont need a visa. I personally used to live in germany with the british army but i dont know how that differs from civvies does is it much different?
2013-06-24 12:54
Yes Denmark is part of the EU, as for living I am not so sure. Would have to ask that of people who know better.
2013-06-24 13:56
 | 
World breezy0 
well, that applies for most western countries i think. it's the same case in germany for every "higher valued" job and the ones you need an university degree for. most foreign degrees have a lower value than german ones, i think it's ok because the standard here is actually very high and many foreign degrees just can't live up to that. it's just a way to protect a certain standard.
2013-06-23 18:27
Yes exactly, my discussion with Mr. Vinzento was about discrimination but the core topic was about getting jobs such as teaching with a foreign degree. Most faculties require or at least value local degrees a lot more which counters qualification regardless of how qualified you are.
2013-06-23 18:32
depends what college degree you have and what the country you are going to needs , profession wise. i heard germany needs physicians and they import them from eastern europe or so ?!
2013-06-24 05:05
I am pretty sure the amount of poles having jobs in denmark is massive. I don't get the bigger attention that is coming from the east though, and plus this thread asking specificly for Denmark too. Seems fishy atm lol. Poles invading the country
2013-06-23 17:25
Well I am not sure about the capital, but I don't see a lot of Poles in Aarhus. At least me personally, then again most immigration tends to lead more towards the capital.
2013-06-23 18:34
They are against immigration from Europe as well. That seems kind of odd
2013-06-23 17:34
Most of the EU countries are racist towards us (Arabs) , Not all the arabs are the same , fuck racist
2013-06-23 18:38
Well to be fair, even though most people are innocent. They aren't racist for no reason, there are a lot of Arab-only gangs and violence among teenagers up until their 20s. It is the fault of both people, for racism against Arabs; and for kids who like to cause problems. It is a touchy subject but that's life, they will never live in peace like this. Though that is human nature, and nothing will change. Racism has existed since the dawn of man.
2013-06-23 18:48
+1 , The best place to live is in your own country. and thanks for the people who are good towards everybody , i think people should follow the motto "If you are nice to me , i will be nice to you".
2013-06-23 18:58
You cant follow the motto for one good reason. Alot of people are faking it the so called "beeing nice" and as soon they earned ur trust, they let u fall. Its the same with work, alot of people working really good the first couple of month but as soon as they think they dont need to anymore, they are just doing alot of crap.
2013-06-24 10:52
Most people are innocent but racism and generalizations are made with a reason. Per example, I have some black friends, but when I go to bigger cities like Lisbon or Oporto and I see a black person or a group of black people I always tend to think it's a gang and they could rob me or something, cuz in the bigger cities black people mostly rob and are the the group with the most criminal percentage ... same for gipsies.
2013-06-24 15:31
What makes you think they are not racist towards africans and other asians?
2013-06-23 20:36
I don't know but i think most of the world think that arabs are terrorists and those stuff .. There is some terrorists from EU so that means all EU are terrorists ?? Nope. :)
2013-06-23 20:43
TBH every non-white person is stereotyped by them. They think of brown people as terrorists and blacks as criminal/drug dealers. <3 European and American airports
2013-06-23 20:51
Who are "they"?
2013-06-24 03:05
whenever I see a muslim I always throw myself to the ground cuz I think he's gonna scream "Alahu Akbar" and blow himself up :| one thing I hate about arabs is the look they throw at people sometimes. They must feel the same but still, creeps the hell out of me.
2013-06-24 15:33
What exactly do you mean about the countries being racist towards you?
2013-06-24 03:06
The people in general most of them are racist towards arabs
2013-06-24 03:37
Becuase the're stupid. Racism is stupidity at its highest level.
2013-06-24 10:57
+1
2013-06-24 15:15
Don't you see what you're doing right now? Your problem is people stereotyping Arabs, thinking they're all terrorists and what not. Having a general hate towards them. You are doing the exact same thing right now. You are stereotyping European people as being racists, even though the majority of the people aren't.
2013-06-24 11:13
Yup you are right , but like the comment #68 Not all the people are racist , just the stupid ones
2013-06-24 15:15
"Oh, and they are very racist towards Arabs" Fuck denmark didnt want to go there anyway! Fuckers
2013-06-24 12:44
That logic is just priceless ^^
2013-06-24 14:18
well tbh denmark have lost a big thing in me! when i go to the gym all i do is squats so my have a bum like J-Lo which explains my name :) and i have indian heritage which shows alot in my skin tone and thick brown hair lmao! yeah i aint gonna be loosing my hairline for atleast 30 years! so blow me denmark your loosing out on some serious man right here...
2013-06-24 17:49
Wait, what?
2013-06-24 17:58
i dont even know :D
2013-06-24 18:09
that is what you danes are missing! this j-lo bum and unique hairline!
2013-06-24 18:21
The media ( TV , Internet and Newspapers ) Makes us terrorists so people will hate us , but still there is good people and everyday more and more people understanding that Arabs will be nice to you if you are nice to them :)
2013-06-24 15:19
It is actually a true fact. Without getting all into conspiracy on this subject. I just want to state that media coverage is a giant money making business. They ONLY write stories etc. to make money. What sells? Blaming Muslims for being terrorists. Almost the whole world sympathise with America and therefore the think that what the americans do every day is ''okay''. Nobody even gives a fuck about muslims and how many of them the US kills every day. And the media has done the same thing in Denmark. Showing what many immigrants do wrong in society and there you have it... Raciscm becuase people believe everything the see in the TV.
2013-06-24 15:35
Yup you got it :D
2013-06-24 15:46
ekstrabladet would be a perfect example o)
2013-06-24 16:09
lol, what a bunch of shit, the hate comes from all the problem we got in the 70's from guest workers that brought their families with them but didn't want to get integrated. And also the fact that immigrants from muslims countries continuously commit more crime. dst.dk/pukora/epub/upload/16209/indv.pdf Page 115 and 116 you can see crime rates based on country of origin.
2013-06-24 16:11
You're an ignorant guy. And i would never use my time debating ANYTHING with you. Adios sir.
2013-06-24 16:39
What a great argument.
2013-06-24 18:01
That wasnt a argument. I stated a fact. Big difference.
2013-06-24 19:02
Sarcasm detection fail. You couldn't reply with anything decent so you opted out with a childish reply. Might as well have pulled the nazi card while you were at it.
2013-06-24 19:28
You are most definitely right. But i did tell you the truth. I don't want to have this debate with you
2013-06-24 19:35
next thing he will be telling us that its more likely a black person who robs a house or sells drugs.. that sterotype comes from because alot of black people come from rough places so i ask where they "didnt want to get integrated" is it a rough place they are mainly? where i live a white person couldnt go through the muslim estate you get the shit kick out of you. sucks
2013-06-24 17:53
The statistics both show the crime rate and the rate adjusted for social status and age. In both cases they are vastly overrepresented.
2013-06-24 18:02
well it depends where you live. As I said in Lisbon and Oporto most black people groups do illegal shit and are dangerous cuz they come from shitty neighbourhoods and that's what they're taught to do and what they see everyday. I have some black friends and they're cool, but when I go to big cities and see a group of black people dressed in those large clothes staring at you, whether I want it or not, it scares the shit out of me.
2013-06-24 18:03
Yeah i come from a place like that it was rough where they put the poor people non of them were black so the problem is high crime comes from shitty places not because the colour of there skin! i think we have a agreement. granted though in my area there was 3 black lads ino. one is 16 with a kid. the other is probz going to prison and the other is a little bastard.
2013-06-24 18:08
But why focus on immigrants all the time? Why not once in your fucking life throw this nationalistic bull shit away and start taking some responsibility? Thats the thing about Homo Sapiens. 1 out of a million who actually would do this. I see danish fucking Hells Angels / Bandidos daily doing all kinds of shit. You hear about in the news, you see them on the streets. But the focus is STILL on immigrants. ''with them but didn't want to get integrated. And also the fact that immigrants from muslims countries continuously commit more crime. '' !??!?! You see this? The idiot proberly didnt even have statistics for danish people?
2013-06-24 19:08
Amount of bikers...ridiculously tiny. Amount of illiterate and uneducated immigrants where the vast majority has a cultural and religious background that is incompatible with our society and values, whom are a huge financial burden to society, fail to integrate and commit more crime than indigenous Danes and people from other western countries, and whom also have an enormous impact on our society because they act as if they still live in the country the moved from in the first place....huge.
2013-06-24 19:40
SpawN | 
Iceland vasyl86 
Olsen-Banden rules!
2013-06-23 17:30
 | 
Denmark Blankeh 
True story
2013-06-24 05:00
yee cuz Poles go to Denmark and other country cuz there is no job...
2013-06-24 13:04
We don't want more polish guys !!!
2013-06-23 19:01
I'll give you one advice. Dont move to Denmark if you are a foreigner.
2013-06-23 19:14
^
2013-06-23 20:05
What kind of bullshit is that? You make it sound we are a country of nationalism. If you'd like a chance, I'd say Denmark is a great choice if you adapt to a few changes which would be a matter of course within any culture.
2013-06-24 09:39
Bullshit? I dont think so. Pretty much anyone above the age of 40 are racists. I have friends from Poland that moved here and you wouldn't believe the shit they had to go through to actually get a decent job. They've been here for 30 years now and speak fluently so people dont really notice any longer except the parents name. They even named their son (my friend) a danish name and changed their last name just so people wouldn't pick on him at school or have the same trouble as his parents later on in life. Denmark is a shithole if you're foreigner, always have been. Deal with it. Norway, Sweden, Germany are all better choices if you ask me.
2013-06-24 17:41
wholey shit thats fucked up i honestly wouldnt think of denmark like that! im brown with thick brown hair and can fit into any crowd im a broad build and a nice guy! my last name is Sisson would i fit in? honestly
2013-06-24 17:55
Its probably not as bad as I make it out to be in the above post, but thats just one example of what CAN happen to foreigners. Ofcourse theres the chance people dont really give a shit or atleast dont give you a hard time. They changed their last name just in case if he would have the same problems like his parents to get a job. Racism was ALOT worse 20-30 years ago, the new generation aren't really racists, luckily. But that probably also explains why it is hard for foreigners to get a job since most bosses are probably 35+.
2013-06-24 18:16
Oh Jesus, what a bunch of crap. Anyone above the age of 40 are racists? And where did you get that nonsense information? Has it occurred to you that your "story" is just one family's struggle? You cannot generalize your story and compare it to as a whole. I know a lot of foreigners both working and studying in Denmark who has great opportunities in the working environment and economically. Well, actually I usually debate in here, but obviously, you are just a clown speaking out of misleading information, so I'd rather just let this be my last comment. So I wouldn't pay attention to what crux is saying. Just a troll.
2013-06-24 18:24
"Has it occurred to you that your "story" is just one family's struggle?" Nope, I know couple of muslims that had the exact same problem. Infact, I have a sister who is married to a muslim (shes a dane) and wears hijab and ever since she started wearing it she has gotten alot of bullshit. I also have friends that has the same problems and their family who had the same trouble with work and stuff as the polish family I mentioned earlier. Also read my reply #124. I dont know alot of people above the age of 40 that aint racist, and usually from personal experience they're the worst racists. However, as I mentioned in #124, its probably not as bad as I make it out to be and the new generation is way less racist. I too know alot of foreigners that work and studies, but I dont know any foreigners that has a really good job. You're such a tool, lol. You're acting all mighty n shit. Please. This is my personal experience and from what I've been told from my foreigner friends. You cant say that I'm a troll when I'm talking from experience and where did I ever act like a troll? Do you know the meaning of a troll? "In Internet slang, a troll (/&#712;tro&#650;l/, /&#712;tr&#594;l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.[1]. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response" Where did I ever start a discussion? My answer was simply before you tried to start a dicussion with ME, that he SHOULDNT move to Denmark if he is a foreigners > from personal EXPERIENCE. Jesus motherfucking christ.
2013-06-24 22:59
out of spite im gonna marry a indian woman and have 12 kid and move them to denmark just to piss you people off! And fuck your fake money! why would anyone use DKK just get real money..
2013-06-24 12:48
 | 
World breezy0 
hahahaha
2013-06-24 12:54
And what is british pounds?
2013-06-24 17:42
british pounds should be the world currency i dont even know how your money is called i only new DKK is because it was posted above lmao
2013-06-24 17:46
Not that much of a difference between pounds and DKK except the value ofcourse. Also if anything should be world currency it should probably be euro or dollars :D
2013-06-24 18:18
british pound is worth more than both sterling is the best currency haha
2013-06-24 18:22
Latvian Lats are best and most expensive currency
2013-06-24 20:18
Doesnt matter, euros or dollars are the currencies thats most used. :) Would be alot easier if one of them became world currency.
2013-06-24 23:02
Wow you are one ignorant douchbag.
2013-06-24 19:16
ye i agree fully! comming from a guy whos nation is mostly racist towards anyone different haha. so please dont take this to heart when i say your opinion is pritty laughable x
2013-06-24 19:30
did you just say that? As if the British people arent racists minded? And look up and see what i'm writing. I'm the least racist guy you can find in here.
2013-06-24 19:51
your from a racist country! and actually in london we have alot of different types of people where i live there is alot of muslims and we dont have issues with them they do there thing and i do mine but i wouldnt treat anyone different because of what they call there god or there skin which as you've said you country does.
2013-06-24 22:42
yee i know muslims are better then polish hard workers...
2013-06-24 13:02
Muslims would take the same shit jobs as polish people would and have the same salary. I dont think it matters. Polish people atleast have a better chance since they look danish.
2013-06-24 17:43
u should thanks because polish womens came there also, and they are beautiful
2013-06-24 20:57
We already have beautiful women. ;D
2013-06-24 22:45
with hairy armpits and surprisingly funny monobrows :)
2013-06-25 00:50
Thats like to total opposite of what girls in Denmark looks like lmfao
2013-06-25 02:01
you are welcome in australia
2013-06-23 20:52
Poland sz0u 
You need visa for Australia ;D and it's not easy to take...
2013-06-23 21:19
sorry guys but firstly kill all this BIG spiders and other shit then i will think about it:)
2013-06-24 13:02
 | 
Denmark Blankeh 
Whole poland is already working here as an constructer? thats why we got bad economics....
2013-06-24 04:59
Sorry to correct you again, but the employment status of Denmark has never been an issue due to export and the high employment rate. Our "balance of trade" is at very positive state (Though that wouldn't always be positive, but in this case it is)
2013-06-24 05:29
Odense is the 4th largest city as I recall. Living standards are difficult to explain as I need a comparison to really give you a good image. Although, some 8 years ago I had a mate that lived square downtown Odense in a 70m² apartment (2 rooms, own bath and kitchen). He paid around 480euros a month (3600DKK). Which is pretty cheap for living that close to the center of town. Not all apartments can be that cheap. When it comes to jobs, it is a good idea to have one before you come, but the situation isn't as bad as people proclaim it to be. I applied for a job as a paedagogical assistant in a kintergarten in Copenhagen some years back and they had 460 applicants for the position. That is a position with no requirements other than they like you. So some jobs, they are tough to get, whereas cleaning jobs, working within security, as a 7-11 clerk, phone salesman or the likes, they are easier to get. Our educational system (I'm studying educational sciences at the university of Aarhus) is of a pretty good standard. We have good teachers and decent exams. The university in Odense is called Syddansk, but you probably know this if you are going there to study and this is a good university - especially their journalists come out with great competencies and qualifications. With regard to food and stuff, then you can life with a monthly budget of around 1000DKK, but that is, for me, a minimal. I have a budget of around 3000DKK a month for household items and food, and we are 3 people in the house.
2013-06-24 10:05
Poland joeb 
Thanks for taking part in the discussion. Thanks for the information as well.
2013-06-24 12:24
I still don't get it... polish people goes to denmark to work the same amount of hours as danish people.. and earn even less... so how they will leave in dk? yes they receive more... but I think it isn't enough to live a better life than in Poland... because dk is extremely expensive.
2013-06-24 12:31
Poland is also expensive if u live with polish salary lol, if the pole goes abroad earn money and come back to Poland then its pretty much money for him spending money in Poland than in the country he worked
2013-06-25 02:02
Don't go to Denmark, come to Portugal, we'll be happy to welcome you in our cozy country. The thing is there's no jobs even for us, but that's just a little detail xD BTW, don't you guys have a minimum wage in Denmark? We have it here, any person has to earn 500€ +/-, no less than that, and with 500€ you can live, not too well but decently imo.
2013-06-24 15:41
with 500€ u can live... but you'll be poor u'll only have money for paying ur bills.. and clearly it depends in type of the house u choose... I think the minimum wage in portugal should be about 650-700€ because with that money u can save some money at the end of the month.. independently of the house once again.. my dream salary is 1000€ but to earn that I'll have to go thru the university and get a degree on a university course :|
2013-06-24 16:24
still 500E is ok, here u can get 150E in month working 8hours per day.
2013-06-24 16:49
yeah but the life here is way more expensive than in ur country..
2013-06-24 17:44
depends on what the level of life is in each country. I have a aunt and an uncle that live in germany. My aunt gets 2500€ a month cleaning houses of 2 or 3 people that have her has their housemaid. But the thing is life in germany is fucking expensive. Her rent is between 500-1000€ , then the bills, food etc. they take out of those 2500 maybe 500 each month
2013-06-24 17:58
How much is the minimum wage in germany? One german guy that I know told me that with 1500/1700$ they live but without luxuries and basicly a lot of people receive that wage in germany specially bus drivers.. IT must be rare that someone receives 2500$ a month for cleaning the house.. ( I say this because my mom clean's some people's houses and is a devalued profession in portugal ) that must be awesome then.. with 500$ everymonth u can save a lot of money and could take the risc of spending some holidays outside of germany..
2013-06-24 18:07
At university without the propines I'd say I spend about 300-400€ a month and note 100€ are for trips. If you're living alone 500€ is enough to live rent a room or a T0 and have money for food and bills.
house here (T0\T1) +/- 250/300$ + food +/- 110$ + water internet gas transport eletricity.. :|
2013-06-24 18:03
Really 500€? Here in Czech Republic is minimal wage ~320€ for 40 hours a month. An average wage moves around 920€, which is enough to live fine life here.
40 hours a week? xD A decent wage to live and have some spare cash to spend in other things is about 800-900€
2013-06-24 17:59
Of course I meant 40 hours per week :).
2013-06-24 20:56
Well.. the state haven't got an official minimum. But the union (and employment associations) minimum wage is around 20$ average per hr.
2013-06-24 18:05
Not officially but I think the average is around 2680€ per month before taxes? Which is around 20,000 DKK?
2013-06-24 18:28
Is there any big difference between Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland when it comes to living standards/racism/economy/cost of living?
2013-06-24 19:20
Norway is the best country to live... in these 4 countries that u've stated.. and the next is sweden... denmark and finland has a lot of people against immigration...
2013-06-24 19:33
pls stay home :[
2013-06-24 20:20
forZe
Hard Legion
Hard Legion
EXTREMUM
North
Sprout
Bet value
Amount of money to be placed
Winning
Odds total ratio
-
Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.