It's really hard to find some arguments to brings someone to switch. But i try to list some things up which makes the game so hard.
- you can lane nearly every hero on every lane, you don't have fix possitions (dual, tri, quadlane everything is possible)
- deny creeps, you can deny creeps to steal the enemys xp and gold or to hold the lane on the same possition all the time
- last hitting, it's much harder because you have aura/dmg buffs or additional armor spells/items which reduce the creep armor. Means it's hard to lasthit, especially under to tower, you have to know for each hero how often you have to hit a creep before you can successful lasthit it and you have random chances of dmg on some hero also.
- supporters can pull/stack, means you pull ur creepwave into the jungle to deny the enemys xp and farm the jungle. It takes a long time to do it right, because it can benefit ur opponent if you do it wrong.
- uphill/downhill, you lose the vision if you stand on the low ground, it's nearly the same then the bush in LoL but with much more possibilities (i can't go close on that because that would need a big blogpost :D)
- night/day time, the most hero lose some aoe of sight if its night, some getting additional vision. Also some heros have diffrent vision which makes ganking harder.
- runes, makes ur hero stronger, it can gives you two illision, double dmg, max movements speed or invisibility for 60sec
- illusions, these are copys of heros which looks simular to the hero. You have more then 15 ways (heros or spells) to get illusions
- backdoor protection, protects buildings for beeing backdoored (attacked without creeps)
- glyph, you can make every 5 min ur buildings immortal for 5sec
- buyback, you can buyback ur hero from death (but costs a ton of gold in the lategame)
- jungle, is much more complex, every jungle creeps got up to 3 spells, you can also take the control of a jungle creep with hero spells or an item (they are 21? diffrent jungle creeps)
- mana reg, you can't spam spells to lasthit creeps in the early stage of the game, because the mana reg is much less then in LoL
i'm done now, could add much much more but these are some key things.