Volcano's de_train_ve updated
Salvatore "Volcano" Garozzo has released an updated version of his latest creation de_train_ve, addressing some of the bugs and issues in the map.
Most notable change are the new models of trains that Garozzo hired Lenz "penE" Monath to create for the map. They've also changed the textures that received criticism.
The map now ships with four different colored train models, in a move to improve the map aesthetically. The lenghts of a few trains were also changed. Watch ESEA News' video play to find out how it looks.
Other changes include the height of trains being adjusted, bomb train being changed to a flatbed and shortening the outside bombtrain to give terrorists more cover when planting, among other things.
- CHANGELOG -
• Implemented custom train models
• Increased the height of all trains
• Removed short ladders from sides of bomb trains
• Added additional unobtrusive detailing
• Added four different colored train variations to both improve aesthetics and allow players to more accurately communicate locations
• Replaced “4 lane” train on the CT-side with a “flatbed” train. Player can no longer see clearly over smokes.
• Decreased length of bomb train so a bomb planter is less exposed to CT-mid (“Z”) and CT spawn ramp
• Increased height of both e-boxes to allow player to use e-box when jumping from train-to-train
• Increased length of ladder train to allow player in CT-tower to jump to the train
• Moved “6 lane” train on the T-side closer to T-middle to allow T’s easier access outside and decrease sight lines from CT-mid (“Z”) and CT-tower.
• Increased length of train near upper ramp to allow player mode latitude to strafe between upper ramp and parallel train
• Increased length of pop-dog train to create a greater distance between the CT side of pop-dog and the T’s closest bomb plant zone
• Moved flatbed closer to the upper ramp ladder, to allow more variation in T and CT positioning
• Re-added railing by “Z” connector train to allow player to jump from the railing to the top of the train
• Fixed bomb disappearing when planted on train tracks
• Fixed bug where bomb could get stuck in T-spawn behind the sandbags
• Fixed bug in brown hall where player could be boosted above the lower ramp
It's currently unknown if leagues plan to start using de_train_ve over de_train_se or de_train, which was also recently updated with various changes.