Fun Facts About HLTV.org
HLTV.org is one of the old school organizations within the gaming scene. Going all the way back to 2001 lots of interesting stuff has occurred amongst the ranks of HLTV.org.
We decided to open the big box of secrets and share some of the cool and fun facts with you.
- Straube, manager at woosai, started out in HLTV.org but was kicked out for his bad English. XplayN.com took him on and since then he has escalated.
- starz was a similar story, and now he is the editor in chief at XplayN.
- lurppis ruled the news section with his clever articles and precise predictions, however, one day he told the crew he would leave to become a pro gamer, we all laughed…
- guddo, team manager at mTw, started his reputation when he begun admining in HLTV.org 2on2 cups.
- Martin founded HLTV.org because he sucked at gaming, but still wanted the e-fame – BADLY.
- Nomad was merely 15 years old when he joined the team.
- Martin has been on the team since day one.
- Oldest admin ever was LeHarv with an age of 36. Martin actually went to visit him in Birmingham, during the summer of 2002.
- Martin has lived no more than 8 different places since the beginning of HLTV.org.
- natu and zonic blog on HLTV.org from time to time.
- One HLTV.org admin managed to idle for 1515 hrs 10 mins 54 secs
- The first real sponsor deal HLTV.org was about to seal was stolen by a crew member to benefit his own team. A team that is currently very famous.
- HLTV.org have been threatened with a law suit by one of the G7 teams.
- Garry, creator of garrysmod once hacked HLTV.org and put his dog on the frontpage.
- The entire site got deleted as our webhost went bankrupt. We have created backups every day since.
- When 2tm went official – whimps first top team – they were supposed to be HLTV.org's new team. Apparently they changed their mind within one days notice. 2tm has also been know as Team Gamereactor.
- The classic 2on2 one day cup was invented by Martin on a boring hot summer day. Admining the cup from his garden, the trend soon got picked up by lots of copycats.
- HLTV.org first appearance in offline media was the 1st of January in 2008 in the Danish edition of PCPlayer
- The first private channel the website had was named #gris.cs (pig.cs in English). Why that name? The only channel with a Q bot possible to use.
- The first HLTV.org page was coded strictly in HTML, the second and third in ASP and from then on PHP was the deal.
- More than 24.000 booked matches has included the team "asd" in some form. They really must love HLTV.
- HLTV.org streams each month what is to be compared to ~2.500 movies in DVD quality.
- HLTV.org shows 1000 matches per day.
- HLTV.org was founded in 2001.
- More than a million matches have been broadcasted by HLTV.org.
- The incredible amount of 666 € is all ever invested in HLTV.org.