New update adds casting to GOTV
Valve has released a new update for CS:GO that promises to change the way that event matches can be followed.
Following tonight's update, spectators can now listen to casters directly via GOTV during official event matches without having to connect to a stream. This novelty will be experienced first hand at ESL One Cologne, which will take place from August 14-17.
To celebrate the upcoming $250,000 major, Valve has launched an event that will allow spectators to earn a souvenir package about the tournament. To have a shot at earning such a gift, all that you need to do is link your twitch.tv and Steam accounts and then watch a match via GOTV or through twitch with a linked account.
According to Valve, you will be able to choose between listening to the casters or simply the in-game audio. You can also have direct control of the camera or you can let the caster show you what is going on.
But that is not the only improvement made to GOTV: Valve has added a number of panels to it that will display a variety of information (most likely live statistics, like in Dota 2), about the matches that are taking place.
Below you can find the official patch notes:
- Updated the Challenger ESL sticker.
- Team MTS Gamegod Wolf updated their sticker.
- Enabled the Virtus.Pro (Holo) | Cologne 2014 sticker to be used for the Cologne Pick'Em Challenge.
- Spectators can now hear the caster via GOTV on official event matches and toggle a variety of options (from the scoreboard) that allows caster to control the local user spectator experience.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to use an sv_cheats-protected sound mixer state on non-sv_cheats game servers.
- Fixed upside-down label position on butterfly knife model.
- Fixed the string "X saved Y by killing Z" showing X as Z for spectators.
- When a camera switches between nearby players when spectating, it now interpolates (disable via game options menu).
- The spectator panel no longer goes away when the scoreboard comes up, but the player health sub panel still does.
- The HUD no longer goes away when the bomb explodes for spectators/gotv viewers.
- The scoreboard mouse cursor now comes up automatically when you are an HLTV spectator.
- Added panels to the spectator panel that will show a variety of information about current matches during official events.