dream3r comments on VAC ban
Simeon "dream3r" Ganev has commented on the VAC ban handed to a CS:GO account under his name.
Earlier in the week, several websites reported that one of the Steam accounts linked to Simeon "dream3r" Ganev's ESEA profile was VAC banned on October 25, almost three months ago.
The Bulgarian team immediately came under fire as weeks before such ban they had secured a place at the ESWC finals via the online qualifiers, and in recent weeks they won the ESL SEE Championship and the New Year Invitational.
Contacted by HLTV.org, dream3r stated that it was an account that was stolen from him that was banned and that on September 19, more than a month before the ban came into place, he purchased a new account, which he has been using ever since.
"I cannot join my old account, I did not have the CD key or the credit card which was used to purchase the game so I could not retrieve it," he told HLTV.org. "So, on September 19 I bought a new one.
"My team and I would like to apologise to our organisation, to our sponsors and to our fans and followers who are cheering for us in such an embarassing and awkward situation, even though this is not our fault.
"Hopefully, the truth will come out on top as soon as possible."
Below are the pictures provided by dream3r that, according to him, prove that he has been using a different account since September:
- Simeon "dream3r" Ganev: "The date in which I changed my SteamID on ESL"
- Simeon "dream3r" Ganev: "The date in which I created a new account on FACEIT (Since there is no way to change your SteamID I had to create a new account)."
- Simeon "dream3r" Ganev: "The date in which I changed my SteamID on Starladder."
- Simeon "dream3r" Ganev: "The date in which I purchased my new account."
- Simeon "dream3r" Ganev: "The date of the last time my stolen account was used before getting banned"