GuardiaN to play in DH playoffs
As Ladislav "GuardiaN" Kovács' condition has gotten better and he was cleared to play by his doctor, he will travel to Malmö to play in the DreamHack Masters playoffs.
However, his status has changed in the last couple of days, as doctors have cleared him to start playing again. The organizers revealed that the Slovakian will receive the last round of treatment for joint and muscle inflammation on Friday, just before travelling to Sweden.
GuardiaN cleared to play again
DreamHack have allowed for him to step back into the team for the DreamHack Masters playoffs despite Natus Vincere playing the group stage with coach Sergey "starix" Ischuk, who put in a solid performance during the first two days of competition.
The Swedish organizer quoted a few rules to explain why GuardiaN was allowed to play:
- Teams are allowed to change players after receiving invites or qualifying
- GuardiaN was on the player list attending Malmö
- starix was on the list attending Malmö, replacing GuardiaN
- If a player during a tournament would turn ill or for another reason can't participate the team can find a substitute
- Players already participating in the tournament can not play for another team as stand-in
Natus Vincere's full roster for the playoffs is thus following:
Sergey "starix" Ischuk (coach)
The team has advanced to quarter-finals from first place in group B, which means they will face one of the second-placed teams from the other groups on Saturday, April 16th.