Registration for ESEA S23 Open
Registration for the 23rd season of ESEA is now open and it includes an increased prize pot of $140,000 across all the divisions and the brand new Mountain Dew League.
The 23rd season of ESEA continues the trend of increasing the prize pool for all divisions, with $140,000 on offer for the upcoming season. In addition, the Premier division will become the Mountain Dew League (and feature a Global Challenge LAN event much like Season 22), a change that was announced earlier in July.
The registration announcement for ESEA Season 23 will also introduce Premier divisions for the Asia Pacific, Brazil, and Australia regions as well as again adding the number of league servers running on new hardware to keep up with demand.
In addition, the European and North American Premier divisions will expand to 24 teams and the Russian region will see an Open division introduced.
A summary of the changes made to ESEA Season 23 includes:
- Mountain Dew sponsored League and Global Challenge LAN event
- Increased prize pot from $130k+ to $140k+
- Increased number of League servers on new hardware to ease scheduling availability
- Added Premier divisions for Asia Pacific, Brazil, and Australia
- Increased North American and European Premier divisions from 17 teams to 24 teams
- Introduction of the Russia open division
Interested teams can register for ESEA here and registration will be open until 11:59 PM CDT on September 5. The first matches of Season 23 will commence on September 11.
More information about the Premier divisions, the Mountain Dew Global Challenge, and the Russian region will also be announced by ESEA in the future.
stich writes for HLTV.org and can be found on Twitter