Earlier this week, a Beta update was released by Valve, which perhaps most importantly addressed the crouch-jump bug, thanks to which players were able to spot over various objects without being seen.
Apart from that, the update that is now live in the main game includes significant adjustments to the Tec-9's accuracy and ammo, which is Valve's first step towards "emphasizing skillful use" of pistols.
Here is the changelog of today's update:
- Shipping initial changes to pistols with the goal of emphasizing skillful use of the weapons, beginning with the Tec-9.
- Tec-9: The Tec-9 has been adjusted to emphasize aiming while retaining the weapon’s high mobility. The current changes include:
- slightly improved accuracy when taking a single shot
- significantly reduced accuracy when firing rapidly
- magazine and reserve ammo reduced to 18 and 90, respectively
- Extended the existing camera height restriction system to include cases where a player is in the air, preventing the first-person camera from rising above their third-person head.
- Players will now make a landing sound if they un-crouch while crouch-jumping.
- Fixed several inconsistencies where sounds were not broadcast when a player was occluded by a wall. (Thanks, simpleavaster!)
- Cleaned up the way CS:GO launches so there is one fewer process