CS:GO update adds HLTV-provided event list; tweaks economy
The latest update to the game sees HLTV's event list integrated within the client, caps round-loss bonus at five, and introduces changes to Danger Zone.
With the 5/14/2019 CS:GO update, named "Scouting Ahead" players will now be able to see upcoming events through the watch tab, and also mark them in advance and get notified when they start, thanks to an HLTV-provided schedule of professional LAN events.
Alongside that addition, Valve also introduced some changes to the battle royale game mode, and more importantly for competitive play, capped the round loss bonus at five, making the money received always step down to $2,900 after a team with a $3,400 loss bonus wins a round. Community maps Ruby and Workout have also received updates and bugfixes.
The full release notes for update 5/14/2019 are available below:
[ DANGER ZONE ]
– Unlocked Drone Pilot Tablet, Bonus Wave Money, Bonus Explore Money, and Armor+Helmet as starting item options.
– Drone Pilot upgrade is now available for purchase in the Tablet Buy Menu.
– Tasers will now always open the crate they are fired at; they no longer sometimes do partial crate damage.
– Shields dropped from death have a slight delay before being automatically picked by nearby players.
– Fixed some instances of safe models spawning in midair.
– Fixed item outline colors on dropped grenades.
– Map collision fixes and stuck spot removals, and a few visual bugs squashed too.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Loss bonus money will now always step down to $2,900 after a team with a $3,400 max loss bonus streak wins a round.
[ UI ]
– Introducing the “Looking to Play” feature: players can now advertise themselves as available for party invites, can be invited by other parties from the “Looking to Play” tab of their CS:GO friends list, and can accept party invites from the CS:GO main menu.
– Introducing CS:GO Events: players can now see an HLTV-provided schedule of professional LAN events in the Watch tab. Favorite your preferred community tournaments and get notified about professional live matches on the CS:GO main menu.
[ MISC ]
– Friends and other players can no longer join lobbies that already entered matchmaking queue.
– Fixed exploits related to vote commands.
[ MAPS ]
– Latest updates to community maps Ruby and Workout.
– Minor bug fixes
– Clean up
– Added setdressing
– Added boost in Alley
– Added boost spot in mid for Ts
– Overall gameplay tweaks
– Trimmed excessive areas
– Improved overall gameplay flow
– Large changes to mid to improve flow
– Rerouted alley from A main to mid
– Removed ladder bug
– Removed pixel walk
– Fixed boosting into the hole in Kids Zone
– Deleted a rogue spawn point
– Fixed some shadow issues in the court area
– Brightened the shower area slightly
[ SDK ]
– VBSP: Fixed a rare bug in displacement physics hull generation during map compilation that could result in large gaps near the edges of completely flat displacement surfaces.