CS:GO update with changes to Vertigo
The latest update to the game brings big changes to the A bombsite of Vertigo, and patches an exploit that changed the shape of smokes.
Aside from the biggest changes, Danger Zone also received some updates, with maps Blacksite and Sirocco now both available in Danger Zone matchmaking as a time-based map rotation.
Regarding the smoke-shifting exploit, it was tied to the record command, which will now only work in warmup and freezetime, stopping anyone from using it mid-round and gaining a competitive advantage.
The most important part of the update in terms of competitive play is tied to Vertigo and the A bombsite. The CTs should now have a better chance at fighting for the A ramp control as the cover is pushed back, the final ramp tightened, and a gap now exists in the wooden wall.
You can find the full 5/21/2019 update patchnotes below:
[ DANGER ZONE ]
– Blacksite and Sirocco are now both available in official Danger Zone matchmaking as a time-based map rotation.
– Radar jammers block drone pilots with static interference while the jammer is active.
– Drones fly slower when carrying paradrop crates.
– Armor starting equipment option will now give both armor and helmet.
[ MISC ]
– Updated SDR libraries to the latest version.
– Restricted start of client-side demo recording on dedicated servers to warmup and freezetime.
[ MAPS ]
– Changed Wingman version to use bombsite A.
– Bombsite A changes:
– Pushed back cover on site.
– Tightened final ramp up to site.
– Moved position of crane slightly, made area around it accessible.
– Shortened wood fence, letting CTs more easily control ramp or drop down.
– Moved scaffolding in back of A forward towards the wall.
– Added self-boost onto concrete formwork on A site.
– Added missing collisions to various door/window frame models.
– Fixed another player stuck spot.