CS:GO update adds new Cache, Classic Knife skin
The redesigned and updated version of Cache has been added to the CS:GO client and is now playable in different modes, while new skins and stickers were brought in to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Counter-Strike.
The old version of Cache was officially replaced in the game with the latest update, bringing in the latest version of the map, re-done by Sal "Volcano" Garozzo and Shawn "FMPONE" Snelling. The map currently isn't playable in Competitive, but is Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage modes.
Alongside the map, a CS20-themed Weapon Case and Sticker Capsule have been added to the game, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike. The new Weapon Case can contain a new knife skin called Classic Knife, an hommage to the knife model from Counter-Strike 1.6.
You can find the full details of the update below, while the skins can be seen on the official website:
[ CS20 ]
– Added a new themed Weapon Case and Sticker Capsule in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike.
[ MAPS ]
– Cache has been updated to the latest version from the Steam Workshop and is now available in Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage.
[ MISC ]
– Added a game launch setting -lowmemworkshop to allow updating very large map files on Steam Workshop.
– Added a runtime command fov_tv_debug which allows changing field view in roaming mode in GOTV or during demo playback.
– Enabled area portals performance optimizations.