CS:GO update brings Mirage, Overpass changes; tweaks agent visibility
Valve's latest update to the game makes adjustments to pixel gaps on Mirage's A bombsite, trims shrubbery on Overpass, and tweaks the colour and contrast of three agent skins.
Following community outcry towards poor agent visibility that resulted in agent skins being banned from competitive matches, including FACEIT, ESEA, and offline tournaments, Valve have made adjustments to the colours and contrasts of three agents - 3rd Commando Company, "Two Times" McCoy, and Seal Team 6 Soldier.
The trio of agents have seen their green colours darkened, with their previous colour tone heavily affecting visibility on the new Cache remake, as well as darker areas of other Active Duty maps such as Overpass and Train. The foliage and shrubbery outside of the bathrooms on Overpass have also been considerably trimmed down, alleviating further visibility concerns where players could previously remain hidden in plain sight.
Additionally, a number of pixel gaps on Mirage have been removed, specifically the angles from behind triple and default that allowed for players to gain advantageous angles towards jungle and connector. The larger gap behind fire box remains unchanged.
The complete patch notes for the 12/13/2019 update can be found below:
[ AGENTS ]
– 3rd Commando Company, ‘Two Times’ McCoy, and Seal Team 6 Soldier have been updated to improve visibility. These previously mid-tone agents have been darkened, and contrast has been increased in their head and shoulders.
[ MISC ]
– Accolade weighting has been adjusted for non-Competitive modes.
– Added nametag preview on the model to match the rendering rules.
– Fixed items inside storage units sometimes showing up as unacknowledged.
– Fixed overview map from crashing when drawing too many line segments.
[ MAPS ]
– Pruned some shrubbery.
– Removed pixel-gaps on boxes in bombsite A.