DreamHack Open Leipzig Fantasy goes live with big changes
HLTV.org's Fantasy returns in 2020, starting with a game for DreamHack Open Leipzig powered by 1xBet. With the new year, we bring changes to the Fantasy rules, amongst others, limiting the number of players that can be drafted from a single team.
With the update, we have addressed a number of criticisms about the Fantasy game, with the most apparent issue being the possibility to build your Fantasy team around a single roster in the Money Draft. The new ruleset limits the number of players from a single squad to two, requiring users to be more diverse with their selections.
Player prices will now also be adjusted according to their team's rank, making those from higher ranked teams more expensive and lowering the price of the underdogs. The changes won't be massive (around +$7000 for best teams, -$7000 for worst teams), but should provide more balance to the prices.
Alongside that, players will now be rewarded if their team wins (+6 points) and punished if they lose (-3 points), while the points received based on ratings will be slightly lowered. Additionally, padding will now be applied to all players until they are eliminated, after which they will receive -3 points for every round until the end of the tournament.
Roles have stayed the same for the biggest part, but boosters have been changed to be simpler and easier to follow during a live match.
The full list of changes can be found below:
- Money Draft: A maximum of two players from one team can be drafted by users
- Money Draft: Initial player price updated to take into account team rank
- Point system: Players get "Team points" (+6 for win, -3 for loss), while the points from rating have been lowered
- Roles: removed one, added one
- Boosters: redone and simplified
- Updated stats on player card
- Hover on the round breakdown to see player best and worst in each round
The winnings will be paid out via PayPal, with the winners being contacted via the email provided in their HLTV profile.