CS:GO update brings SG nerf and weapon balance changes
Valve has shipped a substantial gameplay update to CS:GO, most notably bringing balance changes to the SG553, AUG, M4A1-S, Deagle, Tec-9, and Bizon.
Many will certainly be happy to see the much-criticized SG553 addressed after the weapon had followed the AUG's trajectory early last year, gaining on popularity throughout 2019 before eventually becoming the most-used Terrorist rifle among top teams in 2020.
Often called the Krieg, the weapon has received similar treatment that its Counter-Terrorist counterpart had in the middle of last year, with its rate of fire and accuracy decreased "to bring its value more in line with other rifles."
Other rifle changes touch on the AUG's accuracy as well as the price of the M4A1-S, which has been reduced to $2,900. Other than that, the Bizon and the Tec-9 have been given buffs after disappearing from competitive play as of late, while the Deagle's jumping accuracy was improved.
The full changelog can be found below:
[ WEAPONS ]
– SG553 – Reduced rate of fire and accuracy to bring the weapon’s value to be more in line with other rifles.
– AUG – Improved standing accuracy while unscoped. Slightly reduced scoped accuracy.
– M4A1-S – Price reduced to $2900.
– Deagle – Improved accuracy while jumping, lowering the time to recover accuracy after the player lands.
– Tec-9 – Reduced firing inaccuracy.
– Bizon – Increased armor penetration.
[ MISC ]
– Compressed several textures for less memory consumption.
– Silenced auto-vocalizations by bots during warmup.
– Removed ‘Guardian’ from “Looking to Play’ tab.
– Added a launch option -noubershader. Users on very old Intel hardware can set this launch option to improve their framerate. This option is not recommended otherwise as it is likely to cause stuttering on the overwhelming majority of GPUs.
[ MAPS ]
— Moved from Scrimmage to Competitive mode.
— Fixed water reflection issues.
— Fixed all reports regarding clipping and unintended boost spots.
— Improved performance.
— Wall by door to A site balcony is bingelibangable.
— Tweaked HDR settings.
(Changes based on pro player feedback)
— Snow has accumulated by dumpster in back courtyard.
— Beverage machines have been restocked.
— Office is now a non-smoking environment.
— Tidied up kitchen break room.
— New collision model on dumpsters found around the map.
— Fixed pixel boost #151 in water by B site.
— Revised world lighting.
— Reworked bombsite A backdrop.
— Changed environment light to brighter shades
— Changed default CT player model to FBI
— Added plywood on B bombsite for better visibility
— Removed water puddles to avoid players being seen in smoke
— Fixed areaportal on squeaky door
— Added grenade clip on yellow tarp
— Included missing material for glowy eyes
— Fixed clipping issue near crazy river
— Fixed few bombstuck spots
— Fixed some clipping issues.
— Blocked vis under truck on B site.