Major CS:GO update inverts Dust2 B doors; improves visibility
Valve has shipped a large update to CS:GO that most notably inverts the doors on Dust2's B bombsite while also offering a number of visibility changes across all maps.
In a blog post entitled "Enemy Spotted", Valve explained their latest effort to address longstanding visibility issues that CS:GO has suffered from across all maps, with the solution arriving in the form of a new graphics setting called "Boost Player Contrast".
The new feature acts as a "special post-process filter that applies to stationary characters, creating local contrast so that characters stand out from the background." Additionally, some character model textures have been modified, and maps have received cosmetic updates to resolve certain visibility issues. Fog has also been decreased across the board when applied to character models.
Perhaps most notably, however, is the fact that the entrance doors to Dust2's B bombsite have been flipped, allowing for CTs to spot towards the exit of tunnels from outside of the bombsite. The change has been long requested due to the notorious difficulty of retaking the bombsite as a CT, as well as to offer change to the somewhat stale gameplay of the map.
Many of the active duty maps have received updates to tackle areas that had poor visibility, including Mirage, Overpass, and Inferno. Minor bugs, including a silent drop down from the B balcony on Mirage, have also been resolved.
The complete patch notes can be found below:
– Added the ‘Boost Player Contrast’ advanced video setting, which improves the legibility of players in low contrast situations.
– Adjusted some agent textures for improved visibility.
– Adjusted dropped C4 collision geometry.
– Fixed Danger Zone drone pilot camera getting stuck when drone received burn damage.
– Added Desert Eagle shell eject event for last bullet fired.
– Minor texture streaming optimizations.
– Removed large ivy-models near bathrooms by A site
– Removed thin windows in bathrooms by A site
– Removed bicycle by picnic by A long
– Brightened up connector tunnel
– Brightened up T spawn
– Added nice stone trims
– Flipped B site doors
– Simplified background when looking from B tunnels towards truck in mid
– Changed fog start distance from 1000 to 512, changed max density from .2 to .4
– Raised windows by A site ramp to make characters stand out more
– Removed trash pile at top of mid
– Trimmed plant by T spawn, towards apartments
– Boosted light in market window
– Fixed silent dropdown bug from B site balcony
– Changed angle of ladder in ladder-room
– Trimmed ivy by CT spawn towards A site arch
– Fixed CSM shadow from tower in mid
– Added new train bumper model with flat top
– Replaced ladder to sniper’s nest with a box
– Cleaned up several important angles. (Thanks LangeThorup!)
– Added 1v1 Arenas
– Replaced cargo containers with new model for improved performance
– Visibility improvements in T entrance to A Main (Thanks Slender_CS!)
– Fixed unwanted/unintuitive wallbang in Mid Shed
– Subtle color tweaks
– Various clipping fixes