Ancient replaces Train in active duty map pool in latest CS:GO update
The swap marks the first change to the map pool since Vertigo replaced Cache in March 2019.
Valve have announced a change to the active duty map pool following the end of Operation Broken Fang, swapping Train for Ancient and making a number of changes to the new map ahead of its competitive debut.
In a follow-up tweet, the developer confirmed that the first Regional Major Ranking (RMR) events that are set to play out in the following weeks in North America, Europe, and CIS will continue to utilise the old map pool, with the change taking effect following the conclusion of the tournaments.
The addition of Ancient is the first change to the game's active duty competitive map pool since Cache was replaced by Vertigo in March 2019. Since its addition, Vertigo has undergone heavy changes, with bombsites and portions of the map being heavily tweaked over time.
The update also adds Premier matchmaking as a permanent game mode, as well as introduces a new weapons case.
The full list of changes can be found below:
[ OPERATION BROKEN FANG ]
– Operation Broken Fang has come to an end. Players who have unredeemed operation stars will have until May 15th to claim their operation rewards.
– Introducing CS:GO 360 Stats – A subscription service for players that want to continue collecting official Competitive and Wingman stats.
– Premier Competitive remains available for all players featuring pick/ban process across the entire Active Duty Group map pool.
– Retakes remains available and has been moved into Wargames.
[ SNAKEBITE CASE ]
– Introducing the Snakebite Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Broken Fang Case set of gloves as rare special items.
[ MISC ]
– Chicken models have received a visual upgrade.
– Fixed community maps whose textures would appear black as a result of previous security fixes.
– The \ key can again be bound to commands. If you were using this key before, you will need to bind it again.
– Additional security and stability improvements.
– Added an option for large community maps to fade the Boost Player Contrast feature beyond the far-Z fog plane by setting fadeplayervisibilityfarz to ‘true’ in info_map_parameters.
[ MAPS ]
– Ancient has been added into the current competition map pool Active Duty Group and Train has been removed from Active Duty Group.
– Grind and Mocha have been added to official matchmaking in Scrimmage, Casual, and Deathmatch game modes, replacing Apollo, Engage, and Anubis.
– Calavera and Pitstop have been added to official matchmaking in Wingman game mode, replacing Elysion and Guard.
— New route from CT spawn to A site
— Widened T entrance to left side of mid
— Opened up skylight in T tunnel to A site
— Extended plantable bomb zone in B site
— Opened up ledge in A site
— Various minor bugfixes
— Fixed a clipping issue on window in T lobby
— Centered a lamp that was bugging me
— Overhauled interior lighting
— Fixed delivery drones being stuck in the bottom right corner of the map
— Added drone clips to improve delivery drone navigation
— Fixed rare cases of loot spawning in inaccessible areas/inside terrain
— Made a window frame in Alpha non solid (thanks Musti)
— Clipped wood railings in the frozen lake area
— Improved the look of the ice texture when Shader Detail is set to Medium or lower
— Fixed a missing face on a wooden beam in Town
— Added a sound effect in server room