Operation Riptide released; Dust2 mid cross blocked; M4A1-S buffed, Deagle nerfed
The latest update to the game brings about a plethora of additions to gameplay, including a wall that blocks vision from the Terrorist spawn on Dust2 into mid.
Valve have released the eleventh operation for CS:GO, entitled "Operation Riptide", and have simultaneously shipped a number of gameplay updates, including the addition of a Private Matchmaking Queue mode.
Most crucial to the competitive scene though, are four major updates to gameplay: Terrorists can no longer spot CTs crossing Dust2's mid doors as a wall has been added to obscure vision, requiring players to drop into suicide to gain insight. Grenades have also been made droppable akin to weapons in "most game modes."
The M4A1-S has received a buff to body damage, while the Deagle — which would previously two shot enemies at close range — has had its body shot damage reduced.
The aforementioned Private Matchmaking mode allows for players to generate lobby codes to share with friends, or internally through Steam groups, and compete in matches against players of their choosing on Valve servers.
A short competitive matchmaking option has also been added, consisting of an MR16 ruleset (first to 9 rounds). Similarly, Deathmatch has received an update that allows for players to select between classic, team, and free-for-all modes.
Other updates include the reduction of the price of the Dualies from $400 to $300, the expansion of the plantable area of both bombsites on Ancient, as well as a fix for the one-way plywood wallbang on the map's B bombsite.
The complete patch notes can be found below:
– Introducing Operation Riptide, featuring new maps, new missions, and new ways to play your favorite game modes! Activate an Operation Riptide Pass and complete your missions to earn rewards including all new agents, weapon collections, stickers, and patches.
Private Matchmaking Queues
— Generate a Queue Code and share it with your friends to create a private Premier match on Valve servers
— Or, select one of your Steam Groups and play a match exclusively with other members of that group
— Added the option to select a preference for match duration in competitive Matchmaking: Short (MR 16), Long (MR 30), or No Preference.
— Added the option to select Classic Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch (first team to 100 kills wins), and Free-for-all Deathmatch (all players are enemies).
— Reduced max rounds to 10 and eliminated half-time team swap.
— Reduced round time
— Adjusted weapon progression
— Adjusted weapon progression
— Players now receive a health-shot after three kills
– Grenades can now be dropped just like weapons.
– Vision after death reduced from 3.0s to 2.0s (vision by headshot reduced from 1.0s to 0.5s).
— Reduced body damage
— Increased body damage
– Dual Elites
— Reduced price to $300
– Riot Shield
— Added the Riot Shield heavy weapon to the buy menu, currently purchasable by CTs in Casual Hostage map groups.
– County has been added to official matchmaking in Danger Zone game mode.
– Basalt and Insertion II have been added to official matchmaking in Competitive, Casual, and Deathmatch game modes.
– Ravine and Extraction have been added to official matchmaking in Wingman game mode.
– The following maps are no longer available in official matchmaking: Grind, Mocha, Pitstop, Calavera, Frostbite.
– Slight visibility tweak from T spawn through mid
– Improved visibility into B back site from upper tunnels
– Made gate at top of banana solid
– Revised 1v1 layout
– Minor bug fixes
– Increased size of plantable area in both bombsites
– Fixed bullet penetration on plywood surfaces
– Further optimizations
– Added 1v1 arenas