JDC replaces NBK- on MOUZ
The academy player returns to the main lineup at the expense of the French veteran.
MOUZ have announced a change to their lineup on Friday, promoting Jon "JDC" de Castro to the main roster in place of Nathan "NBK-" Schmitt following a group stage exit from ESL Pro League Season 15. The team will use JDC in the upcoming European RMR tournament, and if they qualify for it, the PGL Antwerp Major.
"After a disappointing EPL, all focus is on the RMR now. We decided that JDCs attitude, positivity, and communications will be vital for the team going forward," head coach Dennis "sycrone" Nielsen said about the change. "We know it's tough for Nathan, but we strongly believe in the positive impact of Jon's promotion."
JDC, who has been a part of the MOUZ NXT roster that won three WePlay Academy League titles in a row, already represented the main MOUZ roster. He stood in for Aurimas "Bymas" Pipiras during IEM Katowice and averaged a 0.98 rating across the play-in and group stage.
The 21-year-old German said that "this is by far the biggest step" of his career. "Very grateful for the entire NXT project and the people I met there. Thanks to everyone for all the support over the last year. Time to bring everything I have!"
For NBK-, the removal from the active lineup comes just two months after his signing in January, with few official matches played. The two-time Major winner competed in just two events with the team, IEM Katowice and ESL Pro League, but only the latter featured their full lineup.
In total, the 27-year-old played 25 maps for MOUZ, posting a 0.97 rating during the time. He also displayed a more aggressive style of play than what he was known for in the past, averaging 22.0% opening duels for the team and a 1.04 impact rating.
MOUZ are now:
Dennis "sycrone" Nielsen (coach)
Nathan "NBK-" Schmitt (bench)