f0rest MVP of DH Valencia
Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg has been selected as Most Valuable Player of DreamHack Valencia 2012 by HLTV.org's community. The former CS 1.6 superstar led NiP to the title at the first international CS:GO tournament, and he also leads our All-Star lineup along with three of his teammates and VeryGames' youngster Kenny "kennyS" Schrub.
It's been a little over two weeks since DreamHack Valencia ended, so it is finally time to present the MVP and All-Star lineup of the event voted by our community.
We gathered around 1400 votes in our Top players article, and those votes constituted 70% of the overall result. The other 30% came from several "experts", which on this occasion proved to not make much impact as the public was very adamant in their choice.
Most Valuable Player
In the fight for Most Valuable Player it was always clear that NiP's Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg would come out on top, having received 68% of the public's votes. Kenny "kennyS" Schrub was a distant second among our users, while Richard "Xizt" Landström was actually selected by two of the three experts.
f0rest starts off his CS:GO career with an MVP award from DH Valencia
It was an easy choice for most people, as Lindberg was the best fragger of the tournament with 150 kills (0.96 per round), and even though he made more impact in the group stage, he still played well in every single map, including the last one of the tournament when he topped the scoreboard (27:17 score, 1.31 rating) to help NiP clinch the title.
In addition to that he was the best rifler, had by far the best kill-death difference of +70, second most headshots (69) and was the second hardest to kill (0.51 deaths per round).
MVP of DreamHack Valencia 2012:
Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg (NiP)
Here is what Lindberg's performances looked like match by match:
| 34united (16-2)
| bemyfRAG (16-1)
| x6tence (16-7)
| k1ck (16-9)
| k1ck (16-4)
| VeryGames (16-10)
| VeryGames (16-12)
The All-Star lineup selection demonstrates just how dominant Ninjas in Pyjamas were at this tournament since four players from their team were picked. From 2nd placed team VeryGames only Kenny "kennyS" Schrub made it into the fictional lineup.
All-star lineup of DreamHack Valencia 2012:
Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg (NiP)
Christopher "GeT_RiGhT" Alesund (NiP)
Richard "Xizt" Landström (NiP)
Kenny "kennyS" Schrub (VeryGames)
Adam "friberg" Friberg (NiP)
The MVP as per usual leads the All-Star lineup selections as well, with Lindberg receiving 96 of the possible 100 points. Close behind is his teammate Christopher "GeT_RiGhT" Alesund, who most didn't see as competition to Lindberg in the MVP vote, but he was almost everyone's pick in the All-Star vote.
Best aimer of the tournament and the best rated player in the playoffs, Richard "Xizt" Landström was the third most often selected, while the best AWPer Kenny "kennyS" Schrub from VeryGames was another unavoidable pick with 80 points.
The last place was a tossup between public's picks Adam "friberg" Friberg and Robin "Fifflaren" Johansson and expert's Edouard "SmithZz" Dubourdeaux, and in the end the choice came down to the tournament's best entry killer Friberg.
Results of the MVP poll:
|Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg (NiP)||47||10||57|
|Richard "Xizt" Landström (NiP)||4||20||24|
|Kenny "kennyS" Schrub (VeryGames)||15||0||15|
|Christopher "GeT_RiGhT" Alesund (NiP)||4||0||4|
Results of the All-Star poll:
|Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg (NiP)||66||30||96|
|Christopher "GeT_RiGhT" Alesund (NiP)||61||30||91|
|Richard "Xizt" Landström (NiP)||56||30||86|
|Kenny "kennyS" Schrub (VeryGames)||50||30||80|
| Adam "friberg" Friberg (NiP)
|Robin "Fifflaren" Johansson (NiP)||31||0||31|
|Edouard "SmithZz" Dubourdeaux (VeryGames)||9||20||29|
|Nathan "NBK" Schmitt (VeryGames)||7||10||17|
| Xavi "Aguila" Casals Sabi (ASES)
|Mário "Fyx" Rodrigues (k1ck)||9||0||9|
|Kévin "Ex6tenZ" Droolans (VeryGames)||7||0||7|
|Cédric "RpK" Guipouy (VeryGames)||6||0||6|
| Jesús "oFF" Castillo García (x6tence)
We will continue with selecting the MVP and the All-Star lineup in all future major tournaments, so stay tuned to HLTV.org, as ESWC is coming up next.