Valve releases CS:GO update
Valve has released a new update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Hats for everyone!
Perhaps the most noteworthy part of the update, Valve has fixed a well-known issue related to reloading. Firing a gun after canceling reloading should now work as it is supposed to.
Moreover, Valve has decided to add some holiday cheer into the update. In true Team Fortress 2 manner, hats have been added to the game, but only for the Christmas holiday. However, the hats will only be displayed during the kill camera scene.
You can find the full change log below:
- Added the ability to commend and report players from the player details view that can be accessed in the scoreboard.
- Number of competitive wins, and unique commendations are now shown in the main menu along with skill group.
- Competitive scoreboard will show number of competitive wins needed to display your skill group if you have not displayed it yet.
- Fixed movement on ladders ignoring the walk button. Now climbing ladders while holding walk is slow and silent, which fixes previous exploit of being able to climb ladders at fullspeed without making sound.
- Fixed failure to fire after weapon switching away from a reload and back (fake-reloading).
- Whitelisted tv_password convar to set GOTV password.
- Reduced fps in main menu when not connected to a server from 300 fps to 120 fps to help with laptops and desktop video cards doing excessive work. Exposed fps_max_menu convar to control fps in main menu.
- Added one more minute of grace period for players to reconnect to their competitive match before a cooldown for failing to reconnect is assigned. Cooldown for failing to reconnect is now assigned after player has remained disconnected for at least 4 minutes, not counting the round of disconnection and not counting the round in which 4 minutes grace period elapses.
- Fixed Hammer crash on exit.
- Added some holiday cheer.
Follow HLTV.org's Dare_Dev1L on Twitter.